Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Happy enough so far and probably should be few points ahead after playing with a stiff breeze but physically we've definitely improved underage and nice to see a bit of variation in the delivery unlike the muck yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

If we could just tack on a couple more to pull clear, as I fear for a burst of scoring from Limerick at some stage here.

Class point there by limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

No6 on the deck again. He must be delicate the poor thing

Fcuk sake ref, that's not a free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Yyyyyeeeeessssss. Savage win. Super stuff. Congratulations to everyone involved. Very young first 15 as well.

Drennan some boy.

Love it

Great to win that as underdogs. Lk pucked some amount of aimless wides but we were great around half back and midfield.

Deserved win for Kilkenny. Better team all game . Fought harder than Limerick. One in the eye for all those whingers on this thread who continually criticise the work done by clubs and county board in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ballpaddy

On a disastrous weekend for kilkenny hurling, we qualify for the leinster senior final and win an under 20 all ireland, many a county would settle for it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

That’s a fantastic win. I didn’t think they would beforehand. Well done to the U20’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Brilliant and thoroughly deserved win, didn't think they had it in them. Had to work very hard to win frees. Got 3 frees for thrown balls, could have been a dozen. Badly needed by the county. Between Senior, U20 and Minor, we had lost 6 All Ireland's in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭supernova5

massive umpire fu*k up in first half awarded KK a point that wasn't even close to a point, 2nd time in 3 years getting the rub of the green against a Limerick team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fair play to the lads, they battled brilliantly for that. Drennan looks a quality player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Congratulations Kilkenny. A good performance to dig that win out. Economical all through really. Limerick missed an awful lot but the better team won.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Excellent result for our u20s. Congratulations to all involved.

With a bit of tactical nous we could turn around last nights disappointment into beating Galway in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Congrats Kilkenny. Came on a ton since Wexford. That bit more composed.

As a neighbour and Leinster man delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Yes it wasn't a point and poor umpiring. But all these things balance out Limerick got a few frees in the end game that weren't a first cousin of a free. Limerick know it was their poor second half wides cost them. Kilkenny were a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 liamo1979

At 66 minutes in the game against Wexford I noticed the Kilkenny manager spitting into his hands and rubbing them together. In light of covid etc is this behavior we should condone, he was shaking hands with lads about 10 minutes later. Shocking carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kilkenny had the little bit more skill and most importantly composure. I thought we were lucky to be still in it at 60mins and the better team won in the end.

Munster hurling my arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Delighted to finally win an All-Ireland. We had started to take them for granted. But finally the 7 year famine for an All-Ireland at any level and this one was hard fought for and thoroughly deserved. Well done to all!

Well done to everyone. A huge huge win for the county at this level. We had 2 or 3 decent goal chances and I thought we were the better team. We had a plan and tried to give decent ball in. I know it didn't work out at times and we reverted to aimless ball but they never gave up. I think I seen somewhere 10 lads underage next year maybe that was from the panel but alot of them are underage. Billy drennan was the best player on the pitch and surely worth a look at in the senior set up.

Both teams had chances kk had a few goal chances I don't remember Limerick having many. It's a big day for a lot of young lads. Kilkenny matched Limerick physically aswell so we deserve credit for that. All the talk about Limerick being huge underage aswell we got our act together. Now all we need to do is adapt at senior level and we'll be more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CornerForward10286

some battle and grit. always associated with kk teams. nobody gave them a hope going into that limerick -3 with bookies in handicap. in saying that O Neill some loss to Limerick. that Ryle is disgraceful IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

When people saw the likes of Kyle Hayes coming through to senior there was a lot of myths and bll talked about a "conveyer belt" of talent coming out of Limerick. There are good players coming through but not a 15 of "freaks" like people are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

What is the point of Micheál O Domhnaill asking Derek Lyng about that point?

He also asked Rice.

Does he want him to offer Limerick a replay or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Well done all great win .

TG4 obviously have time to kill talking about the point. TG4 are rightly praised for their coverage of GAA. They’re letting themselves down here though.

In fairness the Limerick manager was dignified in his interview and didn’t take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

A huge tonic for the county, probably our most important underage win since 1999 U21.

Very bad form of TG4 to essentially tell Lyng Limerick were robbed due to the KK point that may not have crossed the crossbar,

Kilkenny were clearly the better team and only scored 3 pts of total from frees and Limerick keeper pulled off two great saves in 2nd half to deny goals that would have seen Kilkenny win witha bit to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

When I watched the Munster Final, I wouldn't have given KK a chance against either Lk or Tipp. Were lucky to be awarded a non point but overall decisions seemed to go in favour of Lk. One Lk forward led with a forearm to the jaw of a KK back, then clearly threw the ball for another Lk forward to score. Should have been a yellow card and free to KK. Still loads of thrown balls not punished

Advertisement