Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm working til 5:30 so i'de love the later game myself. I was worried they would go for even earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Imagine the main even is going to be the relegation battle. Serie A make some daft decisions but this one is up there. Could have capatilised on a worldwide audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Roma have confirmed their Europa League place after a comfortable win at Torino tonight. Good game from Tammy Abraham.

Hope they win the Conference League on Wednesday.

No European football for Atalanta. Wouldn't have imagined that at the start of the season.

Looking forward to the final games tomorrow.

A bit of light reading about an obscure piece of Italian football history and the early days of one of it's greats

• Advertisement

Delighted Fiorentina got European football but a little disappointed that they blew the chance of Europa league qualification. Looking forward to the games later on. Who knows what twists there will be!

Here we go

Milan on their way. Giroud gives them the lead.

Thank God for that

Giroud gets another. Milan are in touching distance now. Great work from Leao.

3-0 from Kessie. Put the ribbons on the trophy.

• Advertisement

Leao Mio 😘

Calabria then Leao steal the ball form defenders and then Leao produces a carbon copy shoulder drop and pass to Giroud

2-0

Milan 3-0 up at halftime.

What could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Why is this not on BT?

Its on BT but I don't know which channel as I'm doing it through Now.

Inter finally get a goal

Commentary just mentioned the Radu mistake vs Bologna and I realized it's funny the huge impact of both teams Romanian sub keepers.

Radu's mistake and Tatarusanu's penalty save and man of the match derby performance that was a huge point in Milan's season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Michael Stipe putting on a show for the fans on the Mapei sideline

Leao is an absolute star.

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Milan.

Pleased for Leao, Maignan, Ibra, Tomori and Giroud in particular.

Still have the final relegation spot to be decided in an hour.

Hard to pick a player of the year.

Mike was magic.

Kalulu and especially young Tomori stepped up big time especially when experienced players were dropping like flies. Theo is an artist.

Keisse was great and will be missed but Tonali has become the true beating heart of the team. The most all or nothing die for the cause man since Gattuso.

And Leao what a turn round. From flop to talk of top teams in Europe wanting him.

And who couldn't be happy for Earl Simon.

As always the Maldini family are never far from the centre of the story. Daniel has a Serie A medal like his father and grandfather before him. But Paulo's contribution cant be understated. It took a long time to convince him back to the fold but he has been immense behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Italy's greatest return to the top!

Deulofeu has Udinese ahead of Salernitana. Cagliari still need to beat Venezia. They're lucky not to be behind so far.

Salernitana 2-0 down now.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

Dio di Milano

Salernitana 4-0 down now but will still stay up unless Cagliari can find a winner. Still goalless in Venice.

Full-time and Cagliari are down. Salernitana won't be able to believe their luck having been thrashed by Udinese. Cagliari can't have any complaints as all they had to do was beat the worst team in the league and they couldn't manage it.

• Advertisement

Cagliari were absolutely woeful. They 10% deserve to go down on that game alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Really disappointing for Inter and it was desire that decided the championship more than ability. Well done Milan. Any year Juventus don't win a trophy is a good year. But Inter really were well positioned and let it slip.

Both Milan and Inter were well placed at different times and let it slip. Milan were 5 or 6 ahead at one stage.

I see Berlusconi and Galliani are back in the top flight with his new venture Monza.

Whatever about having him around again at least it's nice to see a club making their first trip of Serie A

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Stewball

I would have preferred to see Pisa get promoted last night instead of Monza.

5 clubs from the Lombardy region in Serie A next season - Milan, Inter, Atalanta, Cremonese & Monza.

Serie A returns on Saturday evening.

Looks a very open field in the title race with Juve seemingly getting their act together. PP latest odds:

Inter - 17/10

Juve - 9/5

Milan - 7/2

Roma - 15/2

Napoli - 22/1

Atalanta - 33/1

Lazio - 80/1

Others - 100/1 or more.

I think Juve will win it this season. I can see Di Maria and Pogba doing well, and Kostic looks a smart bit of business. I'm sure Vlahovic will do better this time for them with the service they'll provide.

Who do you see winning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hard to know how it's going to go this season. If Lukaku gets back to his previous Inter form then I'd fancy Inter. Milan haven't strengthened that much but they haven't weakened either really. Juve have made some good signings but Pogba is out for a few months and they were well off the pace last year.

One thing is that I wouldn't fancy any of the Italian teams in the Champions League to get into the quarter finals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah it's a difficult one to call this season, if I was putting money down I'd probably go with Roma as an outside bet. I think it could be Milan and Roma as the top 2 with Inter and Juve 3rd and 4th.

Inter have made a couple of decent signings but I think a CB is needed to cover, the defence has been poor in preseason and I wouldn't be confident with Dimarco and D'Ambrisio and Darmian as CB cover. I also think Inzaghi will persist with Handa in goal even though he's not good enough anymore, I would have preferred if he'd just have been let go and Radu was allowed to compete with Onana this season.

Juve have brought in a few players but I don't think they're that much stronger than last year, I do think Bremer is better than de Ligt but they lack cover at CB too. I'm not convinced by Pogba or Di Maria, Pogba has been terrible and had an awful attitude the last few years and Di Maria is past his best and coming from league where there was no competition.

Milan haven't really changed a lot but I didn't think they'd win it last year and this year they have the advantage of experience, which could be a benefit for them. They also have a few players who have improved over the last year so I think they should be competing for the scudetto this year too.

Roma have brought in a few good players who will improve their squad and bring them up a level, Dybala, Matic and Wijnaldum all have great experience and have all won trophies. I also think Mourinho has them playing well and with others maybe not performing to their best I think they could end up competing for the scudetto.

Of course, all of this could change with the transfer window still open though. Should be a competitive season anyway.

Juve have been dreadful in pre season and can't see them doing anything this year. Don't even think they will get champions league. Allegri more than likely will be sacked this season I think. Roma have had a really good marcato. If Dybala can stay fit they will be very strong. Inter as champions for me.

1st Inter

2nd Milan

3rd Roma

4th Napoli

Live games this weekend on BT....

SATURDAY

5.30 Milan vs Udinese

5.30 Sampdoria vs Atalanta

7.30 Lecce vs Inter

7.30 Monza vs Toro

SUNDAY

5.30 Fiorentina vs Cremonese

5.30 Lazio vs Bologna

7.30 Salernitana vs Roma

MONDAY

Verona vs Napoli

Juve vs Sassuolo

Looks like Spezia vs Empoli is the only non televised match. Pick of the weekend Verons vs Napoli or Juve vs Sassuolo.

I think Juve are still good enough to make the top 4 but challenge for the title. Napoli could be in a bit of trouble this year.

Milan 1-0 down to Udinese. Haven't got going yet.

Hernandez levels from the spot. Didn't think it was a pen at first glance but can see why it was given from the replay.

2-1 Milan. Rebic turns it around. Exciting start to the season.

2-2 just before the break. Great header from Masina.

3-2 Milan. Brahim Diaz scores after some awful defending.

4-2. Rebic scores after good work from Diaz.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Advertisement

Brave move starting Rebic but it's really worked out.

Ebosele on for Udinese in the last few minutes. First Irishman to play in Serie A since Robbie Keane 22 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Anyone know when fixtures currently listed for 11 September will be rearranged for TV?

Looking into tickets for that weekend and it seems that all fixtures up until these have confirmed date/times.

Thanks.

Could be once the European group stage draws are done which would be the end of next week. There is European fixtures the midweek before and after so if the team you're thinking of going to is in the Europa League or Conference League the match won't be until the Sunday or possibly the Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah the kick-off times for games 6-16 will be released on the 30th, they've actually be quite organised this season and given a schedule for when the kick-off times will be released. What match are you looking at going to?

Caught a bit of the Napoli game. They looked impressive. The Georgian lad up top looks promising.

Kvaratskhelia was fantastic with Rubin Kazan the last few years when I watched the Russian Premier League highlights. Really skilful winger who was a joy to watch. Definitely one to watch with Napoli.

Juve beat Sassuolo 3-0. Impressive debut from Di Maria with a goal and assist. 2 goals for Vlahovic. Thought the midfield lacked control, though. Paredes is rumoured to come and he would help in that respect.

Sassuolo won't be up to much this year. Berardi needs to get out of there if he wants to kick on.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I'll be in Monza for the F1 on the Sunday, so I'm hoping either Inter or Atalanta will be moved to the Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement