Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

I'm getting the same. Motorway performance is disappointing for me. Usually 25kWh/100km but I've had as bad as 29 on a mainly Motorway trip. The difference between doing 100km/h and 120 seems quite large in terms of energy usage. I'm reckoning real world Motorway range is less than 300km on a full charge. I'd be interested to hear about others' experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

On the M50 set with HDA maintaining adaptive cruise control @100kms in eco but with HVAC active I'm getting around 20kw per 100Km in the GT Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Recent trip to Tyrone and back, done in one day (so maybe it balances out headwinds etc, as the consumption on the way up way higher than on the way back).

Taken from the Kia Connect app

I did stop at the IONITY citynorth one the way back. But good to know if I'm brave I could just about make it with a full charge.

45km at 100km/h (M50), 100km at about 120km/h (M1), 45km at about 100km/h (A roads) in each direction.

The in car trip was showing higher energy usage, just under 21kWh/100km. So it's hard to know the exact numbers .

Got 202kW from the Ionity charger, which feels like a massive victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Did it take some time to ramp up, what soc did you plug in at?

11 degrees outside, I arrived with 8% left, plugged it in and went to the shop. Came back and it was hovering at around 122kW - 125kW (5 mins or so in, now at 16%). 5 minutes after that it started climbing to around 200kW, with 202kW being what I took a picture of at 29% SoC. I abandoned ship then at around 35% or something when an ID4 pulled in (as there was only one working charger).

Glad I'd a couple of pictures to document this. Kia Charge tells me I pulled 25kWh in 11 mins (costing €6.62, so between 23c and 24c per kWh).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I did similar journey on Monday from Letterkenny to Kildare, but used N2 instead of M1

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I'm taking my EV6 to the RDS from West Cork next week. Spending 4-5 hours in the RDS then heading home. Approx 700k round trip, mainly on the M8/M7.

I have registered for ESB ecar Connect but I have never used a public charge point before. What should be my plan of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Use Ionity if you want a guaranteed charge and to be assured of a free charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

I drove Cork City to Dublin Friday night . used Ionity at Kill North with the new Kia charge card . First time using the card. Worked first time . Ionity is a good choice as I’ve rarely seen anyone there , plus junction 14 can be busy at peak times .That said there’s a bit more to pass the time there than Kill North.

I arrived with 38% and it charged about 120 kw to 80% in 18 minutes. after that it dropped to 100 kw .

In your scenario I’d probably stop on the way up for a few minutes at Ionity and give yourself a bit of a top up , then head off and stop on the way home at Kill south and charge it up .

Depending on how far west home is you’d expect to make it home from there , or you could give it a few minutes at the new Amber ESB units at Fermoy which are very handy to the M8 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Would that work out at about 60 miles for €6?

Between 100km and 110km of motorway (120km/h) range. You're talking about 6c /km (in the worst case scenario of lowest efficiency and highest recharge cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

No fraid not.

Was hoping to get a call from the dealer Thursday or Friday but didn't happen.

I'll call him tomorrow though and post here once that's done.

Just spoke to dealer there. No news.

Only information he has is that they "might" know more on the 20th May.

He said 2 days ago he turned 4 people away who were looking to buy an EV6.

I think this state of limbo is gonna rumble on for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Spoke to the dealer on Friday and he told me he will know by the 21st if my car will be delivered for July.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Early January

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

I wonder why the Feb 22 update is no longer appearing on the KIA website? Hopefully, no issues as I have already updated.

Funny I noticed that myself (as I was doing my weekly check to see if the latest update was available).

My main gripe about the Feb 22 update is that the system will not remember certain details about the profiles: The time will on occasion toggle between Daylight Savings Time being on / off (even if I override it and manually set the time). Driver 2 profile name is never remembered. The layout of the icons on the homescreen revert back to the default layout (I do not need "voice memo" in a car, never mind anywhere on the main screen).

Hoping for battery preconditioning (before a DC fast charge) in the next update (which is forever "coming in May".... not sure what year). Having experienced the car pulling in 200+kW I want it as soon as I plug in (and not 10 minutes in)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Needed a quick top at a easygo DC 50kw got 23kw cost me €11.65 which got me an extra 140km on the battery it's only the second time i had to use the public charging.. I won't forgetting to home charge the night before again.

48c a kilowatt

• Advertisement

Has anyone successfully ordered an EV6 in the last month or so?

My understanding is that Kia flatly refusing orders for now, and dealers either turning people away or generating a waiting list.

Anyone know if that's accurate?

Post edited by kuang1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just heard our gt line isn’t coming (was told summer) this year. Expected as much. Sad. Kept on a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dmigsy

When did you order? Reckon I'll be waiting till then too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Question for the ev6 owners with the v2l add-on. Does the car have a socket inside the car and if so, what is it rated for?

I have ambitions of making toast while driving to work 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

There's a standard socket before the back seat. Not sure of rating

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Still no update from my dealer. Tuesday or Wednesday he will hopefully have more news but he is completely in the dark. I ordered an Earth model in Feb and I'd "definitely" have July delivery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Rumors' of a 2K price increase on both models for the next batch landing in Ireland

for those that put down a deposit would you pay the increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

At 2k increase in the GT Line is a 7k increase in total as you’ll lose the grant. So nope for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I feel like a deal was done when I put the deposit down. If their logic is supply and demand I'll be looking for more on my trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

3.6Kw from memory .. fine for toaster, kettle, microwave (was my saviour during february storm which knocked down power)

Advertisement