Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They were discussing it on Brendan O'Connor's show yesterday with a GP. Talk about dancing around the subject. The GP and the host (a sub, not Brendan) were talking about the need for a public information campaign about Monkey Pox, without of course discussing how the disease is caught or the infection is passed on. In her very last sentence the GP mentioned "intimate contact"; but if you didn't know anything about it you'd think it was like a common cold. I assume this was in case a group were stigmatized over their sexual choices. So #woke.

This might as well be the BBC such is the focus on Royal topics.

• More people working at home, radio stays on, even as background noise in another room. News/Morning Ireland are the nation’s main tune-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The news I heard last night said that it appears so far that the virus is affecting the gay community more.

Not sure if that is significant, but since the main news mentioned it, strange that the countries radio hosts won't mention it.

• When I bought my car, new, two years ago, I turned on the radio and first of the presets was RTÉ. When driving I focus on looking out the window. I might change sometimes if stopped in traffic. But if I set out driving and listening to the generally competent current affairs offering of RTÉ, it generally stays on. If/when Tubridy / Duffy come on they give me a chuckle for reasons totally unintended by the hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

He was on holidays in Lanzarote 5 weeks ago.. Who the hell does he thinks he's kidding saying needs a holiday.. We'll have to listen to him all week now building up to how he needs a holiday... And boom he'll be gone next week AGAIN.

Somdvman to build a narrative..

A family prepares for the toy show "the biggest night of their lives".... Jesus they really have put this sh8t show on a pedistal, it's actually disturbing

• I’d like to have it discussed properly in detail so I can take measures to avoid it like the plague. Is it anal sex that’s mainly transmitting? In which case I’m safer as I’m not “eligible” due to my surgical status. I mean 21 days quarantine makes Covid look like a picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Great Balls of Nerd

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Imagine his darkest memories that he'd like to erase.. Horrible man

Remarkably, he's still taken less holidays this year than his NK stablemate Joseph Duffy Esq. of Dollymount.

God, I actually thought he'd retired and just come in to fill in for Katie Hannon on occasion! 👏

Did you ever in your life hear the beat of it.

A grown man every single year without fail calling out when his birthday is and always weeks in advance. A child wouldn't carry on like that. Me, me, me. Send me free stuff, shower me with attention, love me.

Speaking of freebies.... I'd say he wet himself when he saw the bag too.

God help him he thinks he's so funny/punny too

Doesn't get that his whole team are taking the mick out of him. He's notorious in RTE for having short hands and long pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Notorious for being careful with money, like his mentor Gay “egg & chips” Byrne who didn’t drink, unless it was paid for!

Chakra Blue, elperello, and dxhound are currently on a zoom call discussing their responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Y'know the way I'm now the resident conspiracy theorist, well here’s another one of my totally mad conspiracy theories that I posted about before elsewhere.

Joe (NKM) had a liveline section about uber sophisticated text scams involving BoI. Got a couple of days or more out of it.

About a week after that finished, Brendan O’Connor (NKM) is conveniently chatting to Baz (NKM) on his [BOC’s] show and the conversation gets around to Baz (NKM) being scammed on his laptop. Shocking!

10 days later, these awful radio and TV ads start appearing staring Baz (NKM) and Mrs Baz(NKM)

I smelled a bit of a rat and I posted about it a few times in various places. Now, when I say “I smelled a bit of a rat”, that would be an understatement – it was actually a 350kg rat and it was rank!

So there I was thinking that this was as dodgy as ****. I know, I'm totally bat-sh!t insane right...

It’s a pity someone cleverer than me didn’t pull me up on it and point out that this stuff happens every day of the week and there's really nothing to see here.

Then my crazy-assed head started thinking - If they're willing to pull that sort of sh!t right under our noses, wtf is going on behind the scenes

BONKERS! 

I think I got my madness from my mam. You remember her right? Literally the only woman in the country through her 70/80's, that didn't have a pathological interest in Irish/UK/European/US/Asian,Middle Eastern politics and current affairs and was't furiously changing stations to get the best coverage of Geo-political events.

The prices for The Toy Show The Musical start at €50. For a family of four that's €200 BEFORE you talk about travel, parking, food, and the no-doubt "merch" and programmes etc.

Considering that we're constantly being told about homelessness and poverty and how tough Christmas is for those less well off this seems like an unnecessary burden to place on families at this time of the year. I know the Tubs apologists here will say it's nothing to do with him and you don't have to go etc.; but I refuse to believe he has no say in the creative output of anything under the Toy Show "brand", whilst you'd think he as the voice of the annual SVdeP appeal would have more awareness of the difficulties families face at this time of year.

It's hard to reconcile The Toy Show Appeal (or whatever it's called) and have the Toy Show fundraising through donations on one hand, whilst on the other charging families a relative small fortune to attend a contrived amateur dramatics style show at a difficult financial time of year. The reality is only well off families will be able to afford to go, whilst a lot of "noise" and expectation - driven b the RTE machine which has already started advertising and promoting this show it seems non-stipe and we're in May - will lead to a lot of disappointed families and children who simply can't afford to go. Or worse still, families who forego something to attend.

For clarity, I'm not just apportioning blame to Tubs on this, he's clearly only a bit player. But I do think everyone involved has judged this one very badly. I think it's in very poor taste. I'd like to know where the profits - and there will be a healthy profit on this - go, and to whom. Is it an RTE production? Or has the brand been given to a 3rd party to profit from? And if so, who is that 3rd party?

• Advertisement

Tubs not even doing the promo for his show anymore it seems. A female voice I'm not familiar with did the promo earlier on Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Love that Radio 📻 does it pick up de Internet 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Good news sports fans! Tubs has the Manchester City Strength & Conditioning coach on later for an interview. I wonder will Ryan ask him how he felt when City had some "2-all wins"* during the year?

*yes, he actually said that before when riffin' about the soccerball.

The ignorance of him shouting at the girl "do you take card" what an asshole

"Bruce Springsteen fans are as loyal as the Irish Soccer Team fans".

Clearly he's been keeping abreast of the soccerball in recent years judging by that comment. 🙄

Toy Show mention within 2 minutes. As usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

More waffle than bidens breakfast 😂

Serious delay on the internet broadcast - as usual. Strawberry story only featuring now.

"delicious" used with food for once. Intriguing.

He took a solo run to wexford... Ffs, Dublin to wexford, there are people commuting that distance on a daily basis.

• Advertisement

He's up there with Shackleton in his own head after that exhausting trip.

So basically he went on a "amn't I great" school tour yesterday.

Fills his days watching Gene Hackman movies and then gets paid gross amounts of money to regurgitate, badly, the details of same.

Wouldn't it be great to have hours every day to rewatch old movies?

Yes it is the same Alan Parker. Do you know anything about movies Tubs? You claim to, but your knowledge is very limited.

Bad attempt at Southern American accent, followed by Trump bashing. How incredibly unpredictable the latter was.

"My guy's McCartney"

🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Is Tubridy monetising this? He has been positioning himself lately as "The Toyman" despite the fact that you'd see more toys in a military arsenal than you would on the Late Late toyshow

"Date Night is one of the casualties of the economic war"

• Advertisement

I'd like to know who's behind it alright - see my earlier post.

The daily Royal Family update. His grandfather would be so proud.

Shows how completely set in his ways he is... There is more room in life for just one choice of music.

So he is getting paid a fortune to read suggestions of what movies he should watch when he goes home at 10 am.

Angela Lansbury - now you're speaking Tubs' language. I bet he has The Complete Murder She Wrote Collection on dvd - given to him for free of course.

For a reader, he really does struggle to read these few notes shoved in front of him!

Once again his claims to be a movie buff are shattered as he seems genuinely shocked to hear that Gene Hackman has been in other films thean The French Connection and Mississippi Burning. He never heard of The Birdcage? FFS. I assume he's never seen the original (La Cage Aux Folles) either then? I can't imagine Tubs being a subtitles guy so to speak.

• Advertisement

Now his cousin hotel will get a mention... Another free week in Abbeyglen coming up for him next week.

Tubs reading Hackman's wikipedia now.

So this is basically an ad for your cousin's hotel? FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what is this

Ryan Tubridy the biggest creep in Dublin who would sleep with anyone with a pulse raising a brow that a couple who met on a dating show checked into one room rather than two.

More smoke screens around what an other wordly old gentleman he is.

What a spoof.

• Advertisement
Advertisement