Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

It’s funny how in stories like this the onus is always on the victim to behave totally without reproach. The blame is never on the likes of Musk for whipping his dick out and waggling it around but on his victim for not going to the police.

It’s similar to when that George Floyd lad was killed and people were making it out that it was alright what happened to him because he wasn’t an angel, ie he had a history of committing petty crimes.

These are usually the same people railing against virtue signalling, cancel culture and “you can’t say nothin’ anymore.” However when a victim of an actual crime (allegedly) comes forward they’re told to shut up because they don’t measure up to the internet commentators impossible measure of virtue. You didn’t go to the police? You took a pay out? GTFO everyone behaves rationally immediately after a traumatic event. Sure Musk makes that much in an hour anyway, it’s a non-story. One guy actually said that in this thread.

I don’t know how some of you can look at yourselves in the mirror, I really don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don’t know how some of you can look at yourselves in the mirror, I really don’t.

It could be because we're not so quick to judge people, especially when it's a shady one sided story coming out at a convenient time, and especially when moneys already changed hands which made both parties happy at the time.

Or maybe because we know that we're not perfect so we don't expect others to be.

How about you, is the oxygen level appropriate on that high horse?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No - It's because you are willing to forgive someone for deviant behaviour simply because they were rich enough to buy the silence of their victim.

Should rich people be forgiven for anything they do as long as they pay up afterwards??

"He gave her money , sure what's the problem?"

Also - Human frailty or lack of "perfection" doesn't really cover whipping out your cock in front of strangers for most people.

I'm not forgiving, I just don't care, especially because I don't care about him as an individual, I'm only caring about his achievements, which are plenty.

And I also think this whipping out of his mick is being, ahem, blown out of proportions.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So any and all actions are excusable or "ignore-able" because he's done some cool stuff in his Business?

Yep - Harvey Weinstein produced some great movies alright.

• Advertisement

No, not all are. Some are minor enough to be forgettable. For example, slapping someone is something minor and forgettable, but beating someone to death isn't. But I guess reasoning with you is pointless until you free yourself of all that hate that drove you to compare him to a convicted rapist. Relax, got outside, it's nice.

Think there's a fair argument that regardless of achievements, the conduct of an individual matters. Henry Ford for example was revolutionary but it's dishonest to only acknowledge him for his technical achievements and outside of the technical, he was a horrible individual who had a considerate negative impact.

Musk most definitely hasn't reached Ford's level but there appears to be a massive fandom that only views him positively while ignoring the pretty dodgy aspects. This includes things like market manipulation, harassment allegations and even things like accusing a man of being a paedophile with zero basis. They'll write it off or even sometimes praise it. And those are just samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

He did that after he knew the story had been written. So seems pretty irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Surely the authorities will be on the case if he whipped his lad out in front of a stranger? Or are you exaggerating as per?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you can explain how it works, you seem to be type that knows a great about any given subject

Do you want me to help you swallow your food as well? Here comes the aeroplane. ✈️ Woah ho put that away!

The girl complained to SpaceX who paid her off not to go to “the authorities,” probably under threat of suing her into oblivion.

It’s well known that the rich and powerful use their considerable resources to avoid answering for personal transgressions and this is clearly what Musk did here.

I’d say he must be sitting back and roaring his head off like Sosa talking to Tony on the phone in Scarface when Musk thinks about all the useful idiots who stick up for him on forums such as these.

Thankfully I have full control over my digestive system so I can swallow of my own voltion, which means I'm not going to swallow this brick of fairy tale 😂

So this person Musk allegedly waved his willy at wasnt a stranger? Is that correct?

and SpaceX "Probably" threatened her? You mean like in your imagination they did right? And he's now laughing like a film villian? One post and I could get you spouting hypothetical scenarios and speculating as per your signature. Enjoy the view from your own petard 🤣

I assume all this gossip has a reliable source? Or even a source? Any authorities involved in investigating this alleged crime?

So we agree, both are horrible individuals and both have stellar achievements. You just seem to care more about how they were as a person, I care more about what they did for the world. And just fyi, it's extremely difficult if not impossible to find a leader at their level which isn't a horrible person or a sociopath. This is just how the world works.

What has Musk done for the world? Flog substandard cars and not buy Twitter. What a genius.

There’s your source, give that a read and you should realise that Elon is using his army of “stans” to whitewash his reputation for him for nothin’. He’s making a fool out of you.

Maybe find out what “the digestive system” and “petard” are while you’re at it.

So the source is someone who was told by someone else what allegedly happened, are you familiar with the expression "Dúirt ban liom go ndúirt ban léi"? Still swinging up there I see. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's great to see Musk living up to his 'free speech ' credentials again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It’s almost like these people are hypocrites?

I see his stock isn’t doing so well again.

• Advertisement

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences, right?

Totally and I can get a person losing their job if they bring their employers into disrepute via online actions. This is more akin to them using social media to shutdown any efforts around worker's rights etc. His latest news around the plan on how to handle layoffs just makes him sound like the very worst kind of employer and it will result in brain drain ironically. Anyway, in relation to the thread title, the twitter deal looks likely to be the dead in the water and it really backfired for tesla itself. Imagine the layoffs stuff will hit them even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

blanketing thousands of people across the company with repeated unsolicited emails and asking them to sign letters and fill out unsponsored surveys during the work day is not acceptable, goes against our documented handbook policy, and does not show the strong judgement needed to work in this very challenging space transportation sector. We performed an investigation and have terminated a number of employees involved.

Cracking work by SpaceX firing those workplace activists who seem to think they should be allowed to organise a coup against the CEO on the companys time. I'd say the twitter slacktivists are **** themselves that they may actually have to become adult professionals in their workplace

Full statement:

You may have received an unsolicited request from a small group of SpaceX employees for your signature on an “open letter” yesterday and your participation in a related survey. Based on diverse employee feedback, this has upset many. That is, the letter, solicitations and general process made employees feel uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views. Employees also complained that it interfered with their ability to focus on and do their work. We have 3 launches within 37 hours for critical satellites this weekend, we have to support the astronauts we delivered to the ISS and get cargo Dragon back to the flight-ready, and after receiving environmental approval early this week, we are on the cusp of the first orbital launch attempt of Starship. We have too much critical work to accomplish and no need for this kind of overreaching activism — our current leadership team is more dedicated to ensuring we have a great and ever-improving work environment than any I have seen in my 35-year career.

We solicit and expect our employees to report all concerns to their leadership, senior management, HR, or Legal. But

I am sorry for this distraction. Please stay focused on the SpaceX mission, and use your time at work to do your best work. This is how we will get to Mars.

Freedom of speech does mean freedom of being fired for bullying and misconduct. Also people seem confused about the delimitation between personal time and personal freedom and company time when you are employed and payed to work, not exercise your freedom of speech.

Looks like the thread title needs updating again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,914 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Relieved. Musk is veering more and more off the deep end, he'll be full Trump in a few years, not exactly someone I want to see controlling a major social media platform. Have really gone off the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

So was it a pump and dump. Could trash Twitters share price. 6% after the pull out.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And the usual suspects have had their trousers pulled down… again.

When will they learn?

Advertisement