Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Wow ... they really know how to build tension- the creators of this show !

The candle, making the viewer love Howard as now we will really route for Lalo to be killed in 2nd part, everything ... wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Are we allowed to discuss spoilers or should we leave it until tonight to let more folks watch it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Just watched it at lunchtime. **** did not see that coming. Absolutely excellent show. It must be getting very close to overlapping with BB at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

It does say 'spoilers' in the title - but I know what you mean, maybe we can tag them ?

[SPOILER]test[/SPOILER]

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

OK great doesn't work, another fantastic feature of the new site :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Holy ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SOme might log on and not read the latest ones. I was commenting on your previous one, which you could update incase somebody does look at it.

The one where you warned.

"Again for those who don't watch trailers for the next episode PLEASE DON'T WATCH"

I don't mind fan theories on trailers etc, stuff the production team did intend people to see. I do not mind the "coming next week" bits as they are usually quite vague.

but these commentators go too far, investigating twitter accounts for unintentional slipups by actors or crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Just watched it during lunch. Wow, i thought episode 3 of this season was the best episode of a show of all time but i think this surpasses it.

Not going to say anymore untiil later on but wow.

One thing i did notice is Kim is wearing the same earrings her mother stole from the jewellers in the previous episode. I think Kim is "Breaking Bad" in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think Kim has been wearing those earrings since season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I'm in shock. Daren't say more for now. Will watch it again tomorrow evening. Then later in the week I'll post something, but God knows what???

• Advertisement

If posters ignored my warning and watch any commentary that's their own lookout even at the start of the video the guy making it states there could be spoilers and not to watch it. It was still made up of fan theories The photo in question was from one of the Actors Instagram accounts I believe so not some sneaky unauthorized photograph taken during production.

As a side I think that I will watch that episode again as it deserves a second viewing it's that good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I expected just discussion on trailers. I did not mean it was some paparrazi photo, I said unintentional slipups, unless you really think Odenkirk had it intentionally planned to release that photo, I wonder if he got a slap on the wrist at all (non publicly of course as it would draw more attention).

looking at the video again, I do hear a warning which I did not pick up on when I viewed it first. If it was obvious they would be showing stuff which is possibly a major fcuk up I would not have watched it. "all the other stuff that is out there in the world we can use to think about what might happen in this episode" I did not twig what that fully meant.

I thought the episode was a bit meh.... turned it off with a couple of minutes to go because I was bored.

(obviously I don't mean that)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Maxface

Just an incredible episode, best bit of tv I watched in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Wow. Just wow. I hope the mid season break is short!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Due back on July 12th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know the focus will be on the final seconds of the episode for good reason, but what a brilliant piece of storytelling it was before that. Seeing an episodes-long scheme pay off with the neatness and tidiness of a great heist movie was a delight. Some fantastic comedic energy in the filming sequences as well. What happened at the end played all the better because of it.

But yeah, an all-time great shocker of a mid-season finale. Just such a sad, brutal end for Howard - obviously he’s always been a bit of a dick (how much he deserved Jimmy’s wrath is one of the great sources of tensions throughout the seasons), but it’s a great indication of how the show plays with our sympathies that those final moments were so utterly tragic. The candle blowing was a real ‘oh ****’ moment of visual storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Even though had a fair idea where it was headed. S6 e7 still caught me out. Dramatic stuff. Brilliant stuff. No screen time wasted.

My first thought was how will get rid of Howard’s body? Have to make it seem like a suicide etc. Plus have to hope no1 saw Howard go into the apartment.

It definitely was ‘something unforgivable’. It will be interesting to see Lalo’s plans for Kim/Jimmy

Edit - unforgivable - damn auto correct!

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just finished it.

Yes.

D:

D:

D:

fcking hell. What an episode.

So ya the dialogue, the camera angles, the plot when it dropped - ya, the most stylish episode in my memory of BB BCS.

But ya god damn cliff hangerrr with a massive bang - i knew it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

The damn cockroach that Lalo saw underground made him think of Jimmy.

The candle flickering was a nice touch first time it happens you think damn it's Lalo at the door and relax when you see it's Howard then the second time damn you know it's Lalo. Also I think Howard's brains land on the planning board to bring down Howard.

My theory is that this will force Jimmy more into the Saul Goodman Mob Solictor persona. Jimmy and Kim will use the settlement money to give a call to the Vacuum repair guy and Kim will disappear to a new life.

As I said I can't see Kim dying that would destroy Jimmy and he would not become the Saul we see in Breaking Bad.

There is a flashback scene in Season 3 I think with Jimmy punching through his office wall and he grabs bags of cash he tells Francene to be at a payphone at a certain time on his birthday and answer it she say something about if it doesn't ring at the exact time she is gone and he throws money at her and says it will I think this is to signal kim that he is going to get his vacuum repaired. I still hold out they will meet up in the Gene timeline and we have a happy ending. Although some would say they don't deserve it for what they did to Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

This season at least, every episode is like a mini A class movie. Like jesus christ it is a damn world class enjoyment. BB is the best show on the planet and they seriously would like to top it - I mean, ya the team probably couldnt care less on that but the production is through the roof. And how many writers worked on the script???

Oh bring on the second part, and then I will feel very sad and then I hope the team will have a new project soon.

So ya at this stage, all these are just beautifully scripted, Nacho and Howard etc all other 'side stories' are all done and now we will have kim/jimmy line full on crossing with the cartel line - full on climatic episodes in July and then we finish...

Comments from Peter Gould and this episodes director Thomas Schnauz about what this does for the rest of the Series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Once Lalo saw the cockroach I knew where he was going and when Howard walked into the apartment I knew he was a dead man but it still came as a shock when it happened.

Howard didn’t deserve what Kim and Jimmy did to him. He had wanted to gone Jimmy a chance at the firm but was him into taking the blame for Chuck moves against him. Any time Howard was an ass it was in response to Jimmy’s shenanigans.

Everything he said to the pair in this episode was true.

EDIT: many of the pre-credit sequences are much longer and drawn out than they need to be. What was the point of over five minutes of Lalo walking around a sewer and having a shower? And then the “dramatic” reveal of the laundry? We already knew he knows about the secret underneath. It is no surprise he would be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The bit I loved about Howard’s speech was it was exposition for the viewer on the ‘why’ - and finally answered Kim/Jimmy’s motivations. All Without seeming like exposition. Most programs would do that in clumsier manner.

I watched a couple of reviews to see if I missed anything. There was one which pointed out that Lalo woke before his timer went off. He was that tuned in. Plus Lalo ended up using his mistake ringing the nursing home to his advantage. Double bluffing Frings crew.

Finally it was pointed out did Howard’s caffeine drug stained hands contaminate the can of drinks or even get on Irene’s wheelchair?

Stuff to ponder until BCS marches back into gear on the 12th!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

The previous few episodes had so many little details to support the theory that Howard will have a medical emergency caused by the caffeine in the vet's drug. I wouldn't be surprised if that idea was bounced around the writers room at one point but they instead decided to have and Jimmy & Kim overlap with the cartel again, but the writers still added in a few hints about the caffeine as red herrings. There were just too many to be a coincidence.

Ha I was wondering what the teaser poster for last night's episode was about.. I'll never look at a flickering candle the same way again 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m surprised that Mike’s guys are not aware of the first phone call.

Howard touched the cans before handling the photos. My guess is the chemical wore of the wheelchair before someone moved Irene. Can’t see any reason to revisit it unless someone else gets the effect and Ed Begley realise Howard was telling the truth.

Advertisement