Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After a chicken sandwich, with ham and mayonnaise on batch bread. Washing machine it down with a small glass of draft larger. Divine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Pizza

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork rillettes, delicious stuff.

On toasted sourdough with cucumbers and habanero sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

In my haste I completely forgot about. Tomato , now for tomato sandwiches with just a dash of salt

• Advertisement

The tinned mackerel in piri piri sauce from Tesco is really good.

Lots of salads and a pesto covered bagel to go with it.

I think the mackerel is in harissa actually.

I'm in a Middle Eastern mood these days, must be the nice weather. Lots of hummous, salads, flatbreads, pickled chillies, raita* (OK that's more Indian I think?) etc. The Lebanese style flatbreads from Dunnes Stores are lovely. Just bought some sumac, but hard to find lamb kebabs, which I am craving!

*It seems that Maast-o-khiar is the Persian version of raita, so OK! :)

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Lately I've just been cooking burgers, with loads of onion, mushrooms and a little bit of fried chillies in large seeded buns. Not everyone's breakfast but hey.

Smoked ham and cheese toastie with tomato and red lentil soup.

The best comfort food. 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

Bovril with brown home made soda,it's that time of year again for us Bovril buffs.....

• Advertisement

LoL! Still hungry. With instant coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Now THAT I could relish! Or one of my "bacon butties" which I am about to make... Smoked rashers, on a white bap... Good Irish butter and drizzled with honey... Glad I read this thread !

Sardines on toast with a glass of milk.

Mince pies... I overstocked. Same with turkey.. and..... and etc and so on!. I used to cater for 30 and it kind of takes over at Christmas..

The cats assure me they will of course assist with the turkey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

have had loads of chocolate bickies this xmas - love em god dam it but enough now.. i won't fit into my jeans ekk

Accidentally overbought mince pies. I shop by email , put them on the list twice in error...lol...

Else enjoying simple classic meals. I loaded the slow cooker a whle ago; left over root vegetables, a chicken leg.. onion.. Not one for spices etc.

From the way the weather is yelling and howling , hot chunky soup will be very welcome indeed.

Making sausages and onion gravy...

I added tomato puree, L&P (Worc sauce), Dijon, thyme (frozen, from Tesco) and balsamic to the gravy. Just a Knorr gel pot beef stock.

I think the mustard is a must though :), adds a nice creaminess and tang. I was generous with it.

But for a quick gravy, it was very nice. Lots of black pepper for the little kick.

After frying the sausages, I am cooking them IN the gravy. So more like a stew?

Anyway, it should be good.

With broccoli, potato and lentils.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Mashed it all down and it is delicious! mmmmmm... think I need some more now.. Nothing gets wasted here.....

More sardines on toast. The canned tomato kind, with butter and S&P. Coffee.

Yum, perfect comfort food for winter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Reminds me of pregnancy craving I had on all of mine ... Sardines in tomato sauce on cheddar cheese on cream crackers. Tasted delicious then ... Not so much when I tried it a few years back ☺️

Todays dinner, roast beef, carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes,mash . Seldom do roast beef but it was melt in your mouth ☺️

• Advertisement

My usual " bacon buttie" ... half a white burger bun, layered butter.... fried rasher, drizzled with honey. ,,,, coffee.... That will see me through to ???? Cold today so maybe a second breakfast later...

Sounds it would be great with a Waterford blaa...

Can you get boxty at all in Co. Mayo Graces (I must try making it!)?

battered aldi fish and chips loads of salt and vinegar :)

chips curry and chicken,making the most of it as i will be on a diet and walking for the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

Teddy bear meat sandwiches on fresh Brennans bloomer loaf with cherry tomatoes and mustard.

Yellow split pea and kielbasa soup.

Just had a second bowl of the latest random recipe soup.... Best ever and just what was needed. Chicken drumsticks .... mixed home made veg... onion... Potato... mmmmmm. The darker meat makes the best soup.

Daphinose? Potatoes. God they’re lovely . Plus Irish Stew . Yom

Watching the sky lighten and when I have had a wander outside... will raid the kitchen... Actually pondering and anticipating is often far better than the eating...

• Advertisement

Alternate bites of chicken breast and suasage roll.. The shopping came and I could not decide which to have...

Advertisement