Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Having problems setting up eSim on Vodafone. Am being sent in circles Store to Online and back again.

I have downloaded the esim numerous times by QR code and manually by code provided by Vodafone, but usually get these error messages:-.

Subject code 8.2.7

Reason code 6.4 and

You may need EID code.

I was going to factory reset but discovered that had an option to only delete downloaded esim.

Done this a few times, also removed physical sim, all to no avail.

Anyone have this problem and got it resolved ????

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Just got an email from GoMo that wifi calling was now available. This was something that many were crying out for back in the November update days but may still be of interest to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just got an email from gomo saying wifi calling available for free now.. I'm on 48 months with my pixel.. rest of family are on gomo

Duplicate post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

I doubt it will work for people who own a pixel 5 or 6 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just upgraded to the latest beta version, it very snappy, finger print unlock is definitely quicker, revolut and ptsb working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Google whitelist vowifi networks do they? Anyway to force it with gomo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

I had loads of issues, finally I got it all set up in a store. That was after I'd been into a store multiple times and been given several reasons why it couldn't be set up in a store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Had a look but not seeing the option, GOMO will need to enable it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Having issues with Google maps on Android auto on the 13 beta for anyone considering it. Is it easy to rollback? If you opt out of the beta will that do it?

Yes, but you'll lose everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

My understanding is that google would need to add GOMO's server settings to the firmware for this to work. Google only support two networks in Ireland(Vodafone and 3)

5g, WIFI calling and voice over LTE only work on those 2 networks with the Pixel 4,5 and 6

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Have the Pixel 5 with Vodafone. Somedays have 5g all over Dublin next day is 4g. Not sure why. Have wifi calling enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

WiFi calling only works on Vodafone contract, not sure about 3.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think I fixed my maps issue by allowing location permission at all times for Google maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How's the Pixel 6 Pro going for everyone these days? Have had my eye on it for a long time but was put off by the amount of issues and bugs with the phone early on. Have they mainly been resolved now?

My contract with three has just finished up so am now free to go for another phone and really do like the look of the P6P. Use a lot of Google products/services and the photos look stunning, battery seems like the only potential issue - how have ye found that?

I'm coming from a Huawei P30 Pro and really just don't want the new phone to be a downgrade in any way, as the huawei is still working fine. Or maybe it would be worth waiting until the Pixel 7 comes out later in the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The battery life is excellent. I charge it to 82% or so usually and it has never failed to the last the day, a heavy day for me would be about 6 hours screen on time and it did 6.5 yesterday and was still on 8% or so when I plugged it in again this morning.

The main drawbacks are the fingerprint scanner still being a bit crap compared to other high end android phones (although now it's usable). It takes the guts of an hour to charge it from 10% up to 82%, will be longer again if you want to charge to 100. It's also a bit bulky/heavy for my liking. I came from a OnePlus 7 Pro and gave that to my dad when I got the Pixel, anytime I hold it again now it feels much more comfortable in the hand than the Pixel. That's with a case on, I've tried a couple of different cases and both added a fair bit of bulk. Maybe it's the way the camera strip is designed that makes it hard to make a properly thin case. If the back or the phone wasn't so slippery I'd probably just do without a case really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For anyone on Android 13 beta, does the National Lottery App work for you?

I just get a pulsing animation that doesn't stop, and it never fully loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Sorted. Doh.

I got an email from Gomo this morning saying that they have enabled Wi-Fi calling on their network. However, perhaps I'm missing something but I can't find any Wi-Fi calling option in the phone. I presume the pixel 6 supports Wi-Fi calling?

• Advertisement

Someone already mentioned google need to add gomo on their end for wifi calling support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It certainly supports WiFi Calling as the option is there for my Vodafone sim. Google being so selective about what carriers get access to some features will be something to consider when I get my next phone as it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Howok

I'm thinking of buying it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭amargar

Since I moved my SIM to Vodafone I get constant drops of 4G on my Pixel 6, I need to turn on and off Airplane mode to get the signal back, is anybody having the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

yes. It becomes apparent to me when I'm listening to Tidal. Music suddenly stops playing and I then have to toggle off 4g data via Internet settings in pull-down menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

*deleted wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

So I have managed to drop and break the screen on my beloved 4A, ( which is near impossible to find new) should I go for this or wait for the 6A. Finding a good compact phone is hard enough but looking at it the 6A will be bigger than the 4A anyway and on the google site at the mo this is 100 euro off so the difference is cost is minimal.

any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Happens me 3/4 times a day, I contacted Google support and they said a fix is coming next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is the 6A still set for a July release? Ridiculous having it up on the Google site with a 2-month wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bought the Pixel 6 a few weeks ago and only issue/annoyance I have is how heavy it is. Screen size is a pain too but I was expecting that. Have had to adjust how I hold a phone though with how heavy it is (I usually use my small finger as a base but too heavy for that to hold it up now).

Advertisement