Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brawl breaks out at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldn't like to be seeing that with my family, disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

A gun would do no good. A taser, though, would send 50,000 volts into them. It would drop them to the ground in a puddle of their own piss

You would want more than one guard though as once you fire it into one person, I don’t think it can be used again. The other knacks might attack you then.

You’d need one guard to taser the lad jumping on someone’s head. Then another who has a taser drawn and threatens to use it on anyone who threatens either of them.

Wow only in Ireland!

Let the ordinary law abiding suffer just to not discriminate against these people.

The solution here now will be we will all suffer bar restrictions and pay for extra security so these boys can jet off un harmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's brilliant seeing so many of them arrive on the scene after the fact. A whole squad of them with nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Six One news played a heavily pixelated 15 second clip of the brawl. All you can see are feet. Fergal O'Brien describes the head stomping as "one man was knocked to the ground and jumped on". 🙄 Right! Only 1 arrest. Surely there has to be more forthcoming. Has to be the head stamper arrested. He's been charged and released to appear in Swords district court on 14th June. He has no business being allowed out on the streets. A dirty rotten thug, who probably would have crushed that man's skull had he not been pulled away.

• Advertisement

They'll have been watching on CCTV for everything to disperse to then "arrive on the scene"

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’m sure Ryanair will bar the group from flying with them again and the DAA will bar them from the airport. Ryanair will have all their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

If the Gardai came into the airport, done anything to these scumbags I am sure the internet would be full of videos today of "heavy" handed Gardai and the poor lads just wanted to have a pint etc etc etc

People complaining about them are a laugh, the same people complain every time the Gardai try to implement the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Silly statement. Those guards had to be summoned from nearby stations and other work. Someone somewhere else had then to wait even longer to have their call or emergency answered. They were not airport police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Juran

If the Irish Gardaí checked all male passports boarding the plane to find the boys in question, how comes the British police still had to locate the 2 boys once the plane landed in the UK ? Irish cops missed them ?

At least UK police and UK justice system will treat them like every other person who are a threat to aviation. Full letter of the law. Meanwhile the boys the gardaí arrested or questioned in Dublin will be let off with a 'don't be doing that again'.

I echo what people have already said in this forum ... thanks Enda Kenny. You ruined the Irish legal system protecting these scum ... I won't insult rats or any animal on this planet by using their name to describe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

Even the worst scumbag in any other country wouldn't dare to try anything like this at their own international airports, because they know full well that the authorities from that society would literally turn them upside down and inside out in the space of 20 seconds. Meanwhile, the trash in this country do not give a single solitary f**k where they carry out these acts of extreme violence, funerals, weddings, now in supposedly high security zones such as airports. They do not care because they have been handed everything to them on a plate and at the same time consistently given the two fingers to wider society as a whole for well over a half a century. The last couple of years we have numerous NGO's and politicians proclaiming this way of life is almost sanctified and needs to be protected. Well here is the result of that blind eye gifting and state sanctioned protection, a legion of out and out sociopaths, with worse incoming.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

have pavee point condemned this ? these sc umbags all on the dole bleeding us dry for years

31k traveller in Ireland, I think you will find it's not the traveller "bleeding us dry for years"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Enda Kenny recognised travellers as an ethnicity. No matter what your ethnicity is, you can’t get away with that kind of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

yes sorry should have said robbing or scamming us dry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Every one of these people should be identified , they had to have passports to get to that part of the airport right and are on cctv ?

they should be a min of one year for the least involved person and never allowed in any irish airport again ,

we have tolerated this kind of semi feral scum for far to long

remove them from society for the protection of the rest of us

if they cant act like humans treat them accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I doubt it takes much drink at all for heads like this to kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Enda Kenny make it that "travellers" cannot be prosecuted, face punishment etc.,

Also in regard to airport bars, do they serve 24 hours?

• Advertisement

Exactly!!! Big issue for our law enforcement today is the lack of support from all areas of society. Even politicians being cute hoors when picking and choosing how they support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,883 ✭✭✭billyhead

These scum bags are no use in society. Probably claiming the dole and robbing old people by claiming to fix there roofs. They should be shipped off to the middle of the Atlantic in a boat and the boat sunked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I as I said, one guy can’t stop what happened

The airport isn’t 24 hours so the bars certainly are not

have a read here, PBP and SF seems to be the spokesperson for the traveller

When a group of criminals are around you can be sure SF are not far away

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2017-03-01/37/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I'm glad in a way that bleeding hearts who stand up for these parasites on social media can have a good look at the real traveller in action condoned by the wider traveller community as its a part of their culture, calling them rats is an insult to rats as rats are a source of food to some animals therefore making them good for something, a claim that will never be made a against a traveller

These cheerleaders are a lot more dangerous than the sections of society they target.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

Grey tracksuit clad scum bags are not just a Dublin phenomenon

They are EVERYWHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BettyBoo2011

Found this very disturbing and shocking to watch.. horrible for any onlookers and in particular young kids to witness.

Did anyone read how the man who was brought to Beaumont is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Questions...

Why is only ONE person arrested. I see several people involved in the fight.

Where does it say in news reports, they are travellers. Theres a lot of assumptions here.

Advertisement