Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF activist with 23 previous convictions is jailed for robbing pensioner

Comments

This sort of stuff is relatively minor tbh.

It was only back in 2005 that an election agent for Aengus Ó Snodaigh was found with a balaclava and the names of 20 FG TDs' and Senators' in the boot of his car. It was dismissed in An Phoblacht at the time as being the work of Free State forces, and the "industrial military complex".

Never forget that there's a sitting TD linked to the murder of at least 50 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭mikethecop

really shows you the mentality that the shinnerbots here can react to this , POS party worker acts like a POS while working for the party but its nothing to do with the party,

is like a cult of something,

no half decent person would work with ye if god forbid ye got in to power. thankfully stuff like this reminds people what ye are

Being honest dessie ellis "linked" incldes luis blanco in spain,the man groomed to replace franco....the linking there,the indo rely on is even weaker than the sean hoey case which was laughed out in belfast

I possibly have poblacht from 2005,i cant imagine the words industrial military complex used as it deosnt exist here?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Kind of concerning that SF have people working for them who are not vetted.

Blaaz, you ain't nothing without all the copies of the Starry Plow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

In with the completely made up not related to my point, remark. Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This is a bit of a strange mentality. On the one hand you are lumping everyone into some of hive mind anti shinner conspiracy group. On the other you are telling people to think for themselves.

Its very very odd. On the one hand you are strictly putting people only into a pro SF or anti SF box. On the other hand you are telling people they dont have to be in a box.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Oh, they’re vetted all right 😬

…to quote Spock “It’s life Jim but not as we know it”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,298 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I can't stand SF. I really dislike them. I'll also point out that I can't stand FF or FG. I always need to say that when I criticize either of them. If you criticize FF or FG, you're a sf shill. And if you criticize SF, then you're a FF/FG shill.

Having said that, while I think there are many, many reasons for not voting for SF, The actions of this guy isn't one of them. Every party will have the occasional member who's a scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

theres criminals in all parties ffs this is just another SF smear tactic well it's not going to work Sinn Fein are going to look after us once we get them into goverment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Was the most troubling detail from that post really the poster's possible misremembering of the terminology used, rather than a SF election agent driving around with "a balaclava and the names of 20 FG TDs' and Senators' in the boot of his car"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Pretty much sums up the level of debate.

Quite disgusting to see some posters trying to whitewash this crime away with references to the 1980s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is the SF supporter way. Concentrate on a minor detail and ignore the criminality of its members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well the posters don't know enough to form the opinion that he might not be a very nice man. You can hardly blame them, sure all they know is that he attacked a 78 year old man and also that:

The accused's criminal record had previous 10 convictions under the Road Traffic Act, one for assault, three public order offences, four drugs charges, and possessing a weapon, failing to appear in court and criminal damage.

ya know, like the same kind of thing that your average decent person has on their record. Who on here doesn't have a few public order offences and a few drugs charges, coupled with a charge for possessing a weapon?

You may have also missed, but an invitation from myself to another poster to give their opinion on an ex-SF councillor convicted of torturing a man, and facing charges of alleged murder, was sidestepped with something to the effect that "the politicians strategy on drugs is wrong"

Sweet Jesús i hope that's satire or something

Where anywhere have i lumped anyone,into being anti-shinner conspiracy??.....people are free to like/dislike any party (it really deosnt matter),but i do feel nonsense and ill informed lies are worthy of qs

Easy enough accuse me of putting people into a box,when it simply isnt the case

It is difficult to see other boxes from the inside of one that has no windows on the rest of the world.

Was great gas the other day. A lad who would be well know for his pro government stance, criticised government policy and was referred to as a shinner.

Its easier to dismiss criticism when you can tie the critic to a flawed organisation. It dodges the criticism though.

Referrring to anyone who questioned as "Yous" - lumping everyone who had a different opinion into you into 1 hive mind - i.e. a box

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Bizarre. SF is an extremely top down party - thats why about 20 Councillors left them in 2017/2018.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Should we consider having some sort of 23-strikes-and-you're-out-rule for scumbags or would that be too harsh

If he was behaving like that in West Belfast up until the early 2000s some community activists/good republicans would have taken his kneecaps clean off. Now he is the good republican 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Charrychar

Sure the old bailey bomber and mastermind of the biggest prison escape in Europe since WW2 Gerry Kelly is minister for justice or something similar now in the North so I wouldn’t put it past the shinners.

Post edited by Charrychar on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Terry Pratchet

Plenty of ex army in politics.

We had the leader of a band of killers, who shot unarmed civilians dead, invited over for tea and handshakes recently.

No, he sits on the Police Board. Poacher turned Gamekeeper.

A real crony appointment too.

Unfortunately, it is more likely that he would have been doing the kneecapping of others. Many many of those kneecapped were innocent, or only guilty of some petty crimes.

The bigger criminals made sure that they got in with the PIRA and SF in order to be protected.

you should try saying that to some one who was actually in the Irish Army,

when you wake up let us know how you got on 😂🤣😂

• Advertisement

Are you claiming members of the Irish army are criminals? Speak for yourself.

The IRA was considered an army by its membership and supporters.

As regards the faux moralistic, we had the leader of a band of killers who shot unarmed civilians dead over for a tour recently.

People need to be realistic.

Advertisement