Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is more people putting two and two together. The writers give the viewers hints to speculate on. For example long ago when Kim was concocting the Howard plan. She said ‘something unforgivable’. The last episode 7 of s6 was called ‘plan and execution’.

Now these lead to speculation and theories some will be correct - some incorrect. Some half right.

But the writers in BCS /BB always leave clues/hints for the viewers to try and join the dots.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only getting to comment now. Great episode.

Anyone else think the way Howard hit his head on the way down and the audible bang it made was a throwback to Chuck when he hit his head in the photocopying shop?

Spoilers for anyone who does not want to know this foreshadowing hint. It has to do with film Kim and Jimmy were watching s6 e7.

It was called Born Yesterday 1950.

Plot -

‘The film tells the story of an uneducated young woman, Billie Dawn (played by Judy Holliday, in an Oscar-winning performance) and an uncouth, older, wealthy junkyard tycoon, Harry Brock (Broderick Crawford) who comes to Washington to try to "buy" a congressman. When Billie embarrasses him socially, Brock hires journalist Paul Verrall (William Holden) to educate her. In the process, Billie learns how corrupt Harry is, and eventually falls in love with Paul.’

This could mean Kim leaves Jimmy for someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sorry what I meant was that the reactions of surprise on the thread seem to indictment that this event had leaked or been rumour online

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Decent breakdown on this week's episode including "that photo" that turned out to be a major spoiler on Howard's demise I'm sure someone got their hand slapped plus we now know the fate of 2 of the 4 new characters left in the show with with Howard and Nacho dead just Kim and Lalo's faiths need to be decided

Post edited by Snake Plisken on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are good sites talking about the characters, what season & episode stuff happened if you want to rewatch things

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Lalo_Salamanca

I think you posted to the wrong person.

It was the guy I was responding to that is a bit mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I hadn’t picked up on the religious aspect of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just on what will happen on the Gene timeline this is interesting to watch and discusses what we've seen of Gene in the flash forward and what year it takes place. it also delves into possible outcomes for Jimmy.

Again this was put together before season 6 but still relevant

It is not obvious to me how it is going to go down, do you have any theories?

Like why does Gus not just carry a gun? it already showed he has them hidden on his body. If drawing Lalo in why not have a sharp shooting henchman/men lying in wait, along with his own gun(s), why risk his own life? Is he expecting to set up a meeting and both parties and be patted/frisked down by some intermediary (could even be Jimmy!). If he does he has to be sure to end up in the correct position.

Gus had the cop on to guess Lalo faked his death too, surely he would suspect Lalo would be smart enough to be aware the phones would be tapped in the old folks home too (and deliberately trying to spoof them), it is not some burner or place that is hard to gain access to. I wondered if there was some "I know that you know that I know that you know" stuff going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Sorry, not quoting the above, not sure how it happened.

Loved that episode. Thinking about it all day.

One question, how did they switch the photos. I thought the PI left Howard's office before the meeting in the board room.

I wondered about the body too. I wonder will they ask the vet lad, he might have a crematorium or access to one or some other dodgy contact. I even wonder if they might word it like "how would you get rid of a person forever", leading to the vet saying "alive or dead?" which would lead onto the introduction to the vacuum man Ed. Or without any lines like that he might be the one to get rid of the body and offer other services. But the actor has passed away so not much room for scenes with Ed. But it could be a lead on to him hiding Kim.

It might be Mike, we know Saul sent him as a "cleanup man" to Jesses house.

The fake PI most likely went back into Howard’s office when he went to the mediation with his PA.

I believe Howard suggested this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I'd say it's likely to be Mike, as chances are both he and Kim would contact him due to Lalo being back anyway.

A theory about what?

The post you quoted is a theory.

Fring was on edge waiting for Lalo to strike. They show him go to the secret area, he examines how the lights work and counts out steps to a different and hides agin.

It is obvious that he did this in the hopes of somehow getting Lalo to enter the lab.

It doesn’t mean I correct. The trap could be for someone else like Eladio. I assume Fring is building a secret lab so that he can strike out on his own. He needs to be rid of the cartel to do that.

However I cannot remember if Fring still works for Eladio in Breaking Bad. I also don’t what to be reminded. That way my theories remain theories and I get surprised by events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Unbelievable television.

I think they've gone a bit too far, to be honest. There's no way that the Jimmy / Saul that we've just seen is the same happy go lucky guy that we know from BB. Not after this ep. He'd be in a car out of there if he and Kim got out of the house without Lalo killing both of them. It doesn't track with the established character in BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

I've seen a few comments from the people involved in the show that this season will cause BB to viewed in a different light. I think the happy go lucky personality from BB is just a public persona and underneath he is a much more troubled person. You can even see the seeds of that this season where he seems more of an asshole than usual when he is with Francesca

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't agree with this at all as often traumatised people can use their "happy go lucky" persona as a defence mechanism to cover up major issues.

He wasn't that happy go lucky either when he did things like suggest to Walt that people go on a "trip to Belize".

Also will add that Saul is his fake persona and a mask that hides the traumatised Jimmy underneath who you see again in the "Cinnabun" flash forwards that show him post BB when Saul is no more.

Post edited by murpho999 on

• Advertisement

Well, that is just not true.

When Lalo saw the cockroach and left his hiding place it was obvious we’re he was going and why - to Jimmy to use him to somehow get to Fring.

In season one it was obvious that it was Chuck and not Howard that blocked his attempt to get a job at HHM. And it was obvious that Howard didn’t like it.

Before anyone gets excited I’m not at all saying the show is predictable. It is the furthest from predictable you can get and even when the obvious things come to pass there is always an unexpected effect.

There is a lot of Breaking Bad that I don’t remember - in particular about Saul.

However the writers have been so good with the continuity on everything I do remember, plus what others say, that I doubt they’ll drop the ball in Jimmy’s character himself.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

wait and see what?

Those two examples have already happened.

Ah yeah, they'll probably make it work. But right now it just seems like killing Howard was done for shock value alone. The Jimmy / Saul we know doesn't seem to be someone who was knowingly responsible for the murder of someone he knew all his working life. And maybe helped hide the body / made it look like a suicide. And then also lost the love of his life along the way to either being disappeared or being killed.

Seems a stretch that he'd still be sticking around, lawyering.

I was thinking about the above debate. When Chuck died - Jimmy let on he was delighted and eventually went roaring in his car. It is all set up for him to blame Kim for Howard's death - he wanted to stop the con - Kim knew about Lalo. I think his anger will focus on her, as she expected him to be honest to her. But it did not work the other way around.

Oh dear. Communication doesn't seem to be a strong point with you. Let's wait and see if you're right about the handgun in the lab. Mr. Obvious.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In terms of the Jimmy/Kim relationship, I'm in the middle of re-watching BB and in S3 E4 Saul says to Walt that he caught his second wife screwing his step-dad.

Do we know if Kim was his first, second, third... wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

Can we just celebrate how brilliant Patrick Fabian was as Howard. Fantastic. He will be missed.

• Advertisement

That's kinda my point. BB Jimmy / Saul is so blasé about things. It doesn't track that Kim is just gone.

Advertisement