Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness 0.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Gave these a try, and I was impressed to be honest*. I would most likely go for the alternatives non-alcoholic at home tbh, but I expect it'll be more available in pubs where Erdinger was the default option up to now.

*impressed as a n/a option. It tasted very similar to the alcoholic stuff, but Guinness wouldn't be my stout of choice at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Had one this evening one of 4 for €6 in Supervalu, had it nice and cold. Strong malt flavour at first I thought, but it grew on me, I'll be buying more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ive had heineken 0.0 and find it dont taste like the real one, but guinness 0.0 would do very well in a blind taste test because its very much like the real thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I get a kind of metallic taste off it, and it's a bit carbonated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Although I am on board with the Guinness zero I still can’t ignore I get a sort of subtle mint chocolate aftertaste off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

Resurrecting this thread to report that, being ex-pat in the UK, you cannot get Guinness 0.0 for love nor money. Up until recently it was on amazon for like 26 quid for 8 cans (feck that) but even thats gone now. I did track down 8 cans a few weeks ago and really thought it was excellent. So much so that I have 2 cans saved for Christmas Day! I don't know what the issue is with getting it on the shelves here. When they restock its like toilet rolls at the start of lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen it myself at all. I wonder if they’ve pulled it or are there supply issues

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

I actually complained to Diageo and the reply today was:

'Thank you very much for your recent email regarding Guinness 0.0.

It is always good to hear from our loyal consumers, as it keeps us in touch with the people that matter.

We are sorry that you have not been able to buy Guinness 0.0. Interest in Guinness 0.0 has been exceptional and we are working hard to meet demand. We appreciate your patience while we do this.

Thank you again for contacting Diageo and your interest in Guinness 0.0.'

Not even a sniff of a few (free) cans for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I bought a 4 pack a while back and struggled through the first one.

There was just something about it that wouldn't sit right at all and left it at that.

Left the other three down in the in-laws at Christmas.

Will give it another bash later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just had a couple of cans of this yesterday evening., very surprised at how decent the 0.0 is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

This and Kinnegar Low TIDE have been my go to low/non alchohol beers this Christmas. Definitely will be drinking more of them over January. One bonus with the Guinness 0.0 is that if you want it as a chaser to a nice whiskey its perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

As I said elsewhere, I'm also quite impressed with 0.0 to say the least.

I spoke to McHughs about stock issues and they said it was demand that means supply can be patchy in places. I got cans of it in Martins, Fairview, but it's been out of stock in many other locations I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Went out for dinner the other day and was driving so had a couple of 0.0s.

Have to say I had it with Oysters and my god it was like pairing it with a nice glass of wine! Like when you have a good steak with a glass of red and it changes the wine. I'm not sure I've had a Guinness with Oysters before and I've heard of the festivals but seriously it was gorgeous.

My local central has a load of them (4 for e6) Stocked up for when I'm driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Butson

I really like it.

Has a sort of chocolate after taste that you don't get with the "real" Guinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i had this when it first came out, and didn't like it at all. At that stage, it tasted bitter to me, with an unpleasant aftertaste.

tried again last night, 1st can still the same. cans 2 / 3 / 4 i put thru the surger, and while still there, the aftertaste wasn't as pronounced - but maybe I just got used to the taste. Kinda reminds of when i first started drinking guinness as a young fella - i was told it would grow on me, and it did!

For me though, it's a long way off the standard or surge cans but will do the job if i want a n/a drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone know if they sell 0.0 in Bowes, Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I find Guinness 0.0 quite good for an alcohol free stout. Slightly weaker texture compared to pub/nitosurge/widget but pleasantly drinkable.

No complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I like it. Will be great on hotter days with that sour note. In the world of non-alc beers/stouts dominated by sugary disgusting ****, it simply is very good. Just don't expect it to taste like the real thing - it's a different drink that shares the look and the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I see they've moved on to this in draught pour. Guru fella went in to clonsilla inn seems to be first tap in Dublin .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

That'll be a winner. Would expect a reasonably fast roll out over summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Is it available on tap in Dublin and if so how much is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Had a couple of pints pulled from a can in the machine. Very surprised with how decent it was. Id have no issues having a few of these if I had the car. Seems to be rolling out to alot more venues at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm still drinking it regularly since my first one 8 months ago. Still hard to get it in many pubs but I was delighted to see it at the Marquee gigs in Cork recently. Nice to have one or two at the gig and drive home afterwards with no worries. Priced at €4 while regular pints were €6, which was fairly reasonable for a concert...I had it in a pub in Maynooth for €5.60 3 weeks ago! 😮

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The excise duty and VAT on excise duty on a pint of Guinness is just shy of 70c by my calculation so selling the NA version €2 cheaper than the standard Guinness is more than decent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Butson

Random question - anybody know if they are serving Guinness 0.0 in Croke Park?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I drive by Jones Road most days and I can see, up on the first level, a 0.0 parasol. So you might be lucky. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭anglesorangles

Is it true that the one in the pub is actually just a can?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Yep, they have something similar to the nitrosurge device to help pour the can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was served Guinness 0.0 in a can at a festival this weekend. I had assumed you needed a tap device to use the cans, but the ones in the pubs must be different cans?

Advertisement