Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Very much depends on what you are willing to spend, most "garden" models would be week but there are proper professional grade battery strummers. Definitely lighter and less hassle than a petrol equivalent. Decent batteries can be heavy enough too, but some of the larger ones come as backpacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It has been s realtively wet May and April was dry. I would suspect worms. Calves are at grass since late March on a lot of cases. They have no immunity. Get a dung sample checked but I be dosing them.

Slava Ukrainii

Mass shootings of children and nutjobs as former Presidents, how America has fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have a brand new backpack one in the van here. Still in the boxes. One thing straight off, the battery pack seems very heavy. It’s a sthil, i must get it out and charged and see what it’s like.

Seriously

mrs was reading online that leading cause of death among school age children in America is getting shot

• Advertisement

We're going to the primary school open day with the young fella in the morning, hard to think kids in America have "drills" for shooters going into a school full of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭einn32

Was on a site where an arborist was using a battery Stihl chainsaw. Pretty handy. I picked it up and couldn't get over how heavy it was though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Do let us know how you get on, I'd say that cost a few euros. I have a chainsaw, hedge trimmer and strimmer from their compact garden range, I'm very impressed with the chainsaw and hedge trimmer they are very handy for fencing around the farm but the strimmer stays in the garden as its only fit for keeping a maintained garden.

It's probably all the battery, I've 2 batteries in my set of different capacities and there is a noticeable difference in the weight of the tool using the higher AH battery.

The particular strimmer in that link looks like their garden range so probably not comparable to a petrol strimmer, but I'd bet far superior to any Aldi Lidl or even Black and Decker versions. If I were buying a battery strimmer today I'd make sure it has the same type changeable head as a petrol strimmer so as not to be stuck buying (or rewinding) their fiddly strimmer line cassettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

I know someone who used to teach in America. The drills say to have a bucket of lollipops to keep the rest of the children calm during the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

It shows how messed-up a country can get when effectively controlled by corporate interests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

A pedigree bull is bred by having say a pedigree limousine bred by a pedigree cow right?

Are all bull calves from two pedigrees guaranteed to be a stock bull? If it's a heifer, this results in a pedigree heifer right?

Is there any benefit to a pedigree cow if you're not looking to breed stock bulls? Or does a pedigree cow produce better quality calves even if she was say a limousine and the bull was a Charolais?

It's a real twisted place, where the pro-life brigade are only into the protection of children until AR-15's are involved, then every little person is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Pedigree cattle are more delicate than crossbred cattle, It's better and easier to use cross bred cattle in a commercial herd. They're a bit more easycare

When breeding pedigree cattle every calf is not guaranteed to make the grade for further pedigree breeding.

In sheep breeding any way, the cross of two different pedigree breeds can produce a better stock ram. I haven't heard much of that being done in cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Imagine falling for this nonsense. So conversely the pro killing babies in the womb crowd are fine with school shootings. Both are equally abhorrent, only one side is celebrating death here.

Biden's been in politics for half a century. Dems control the three branches of government currently. Crocodile tears is all you get from them. More interested in using a tragedy to smear the opposition with elections coming up in November

Making it just about access to guns is completely missing the bigger problems anyway. Americans always had loads of guns, why did they only start shooting schools in the 90s. Any answers other than that pathetic first attempt? Broken families? The celebration of mental illnesses and all the associated medication? Their insane polarizing media? Recent contributor could be the two years of panic and lockdowns?

I had easy access to guns growing up. I'm sure most of us here did too being farmers. Never in a million years did I think about taking one to school with me. Something severely wrong in their society and guns is way down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Christ you don't give a semi automatic gun to a mentally ill kid. If you saw a toddler running with a scissors, you'd take it off them, wouldn't you. Right to bear arms, me arse !!!

In the USA, over 500 people are killed every day with guns.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Access to guns is definitely a component.

Internet access is now probably another factor too. Young males can feel a part of society online. What society that is can be whatever can be dreamt up and your own little bubble society agrees with.

I'm coming back to the Russians with this as a factor probably in this Internet age. They have bots and intellectuals full time on the Internet to spread hatred and turn western people into lunatics when they go outside their front door. You see the bots on Irish Internet with ridiculously Irish names spreading their bile. The same no doubt happens in chatrooms in the US where more than three posters gather.

Then all these shoot em up games where a little has to seep into the brain.

Lots have nothing to do and too much time to think.

Some new potatoes from the tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭minerleague

Passed TB test today 😎 big relief, testing in 4 places makes it a bigger ordeal than numbers of cattle I have warrants. Had to leave yearling and 2 yo bullocks in for the 3 days as was lucky to get them in at all. Cattle are pets to me normally out the field and will follow from field to field but get behind them and face them for yard and they loose all reason. As for when they see the vet " well holy God " as Miley used say

Really avoid buying from U.K. now.

bought a €15 item. €1.01 customs charge. But they add administration and then vat to make it over €8 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Apart from the administrative charge, I thought Irish vat was only added to items over €22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Bought an item for €31 Wednesday night paid €1.90 customs duty last night and it landed here this morning.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

Years ago bought vetinery instrument in the US, they sent it with Fed-ex.

Package delivered with bill and a hefty admin charge, so I wrote a cheque to revenue for the vat.

Photocopied cheque and letter and sent it to Fed-ex. They wrote back saying that they would never deliver another parcel to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

What's the goin rate for topping? By the acre or hour. Have a couple of fields heavy with rushes. Weighing up my options either I take the day off work and do it or pay a young local young fella who does topping to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

With young fella playing soccer rugby and gaa. Don't have the time plus I have made it a thing since the kids came along that I won't work on Sundays. Just seeing would I be better off to just pay the local lad to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Only joking lad. Only do the minimum here on a Sunday. But I would still do it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You'd only be breaking shear bolts at it off a sunday

You are not helping me here. I'm trying to talk myself out of doin it. I bloody hate topping. I want ye to tell me to get the local lad and pay him X amount

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

• Advertisement

Yyty

Advertisement