Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Cancelled Game do you wish you could play?

Options
  • 26-05-2022 2:43pm

For me, it would be Gollum in Lord of the Rings. Weird explanation as to why it was cancelled, but probably boiled down too well, "Gollum was too murderoussss, you see, preciousss!!" Secondly I would have loved to get Scarface 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are we ok saying Half Life: Episode 3 has been cancelled at this stage? 😪

Other then that, Star Wars: 1313 looked like it could have been great. Prey 2 also looked great, though we did eventually get Prey which was fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steambot Chronicles 2. The first game is an absolute gem of a game. Disaster Report got cancelled around the same time and picked up by a developer made by former Irem devs, Granzella, so I'm hoping they could do the same with Steambot and release another but so far there's been nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Silent Hills looked like it would have been an amazing entry in the series, I remember how hyped P.T made me!

Other than that Split/Second 2 and Pure 2. Loved Black Rock Studios arcade racers(even if they did have god awful AI), was gutted when they were shut down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I figured Silent Hills would been have been very interesting but ultimately schlock due to Kojimas usual writing quality.

Possibly, but it would have been memorable, certainly far more memorable than anything after 2 anyway.

• Advertisement

I've a soft spot for the wii version of shattered memories. It's well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Earthbound 64 would've been an interesting play no matter what, but especially since Itoi went on record to state Earthbound 64 was a darker experience than the Mother 3 we ended up getting. I'm sure everyone already knows this but Mother 3 is pretty **** dark as it stands, so you can't help but wonder.

I would like to play as the scientist's pet cat in Half Life 3. That would have had been cool.

Apparently Gollum is now slated for September release according to Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Would have been nice to play Duke Nukem Forver 2001 build if it was released back in the day. I know a build recently hit online but its not complete.

Half Life 3 would be nice. Its mad to think we still have yet to get it.

• Advertisement

I think the Witcher 4 is in active development?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It exists but would have loved more Anthem.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Silent Hills would have been amazing if it lived up to PT.

1313 also, there was some dev footage of it released recently I believe.

I guess also the rest of MGS V…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

God, where to begin?

I'd have loved to play Scalebound but something tells me it'd probably just be another live service.

I was really looking forward to Stargate Worlds when it was in development. For such a popular show, i'm amazed it never got ay tie-in games. (fun fact, they used footage of SG Worlds as a seperate game in the opening episode of Stargate: Universe.

Toxic Bunny 2 would have been a 3D action platformer, akin to Conker.

Star Wars: Imperial Commando would have beenthe follow on to the excellant Republic Commando and continued the story of Delta squad. it never got out of the concept stage but at least there was a novel to tie up the cliffhanger ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I remember getting an early look at prey 2 from the Devs at Gamescom. It looked amazing and played really well. Kind of mirror's edge / mass effect / blade runner vibes .

Was gutted it got cancelled n. Took me ages to play the the Prey reboot then. When I did I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Personally I don't think the last chapter of mgs5 matters. Many design choices made the game not feel like a mgs game. Closure to a story is nice but wouldn't have made much difference.

Advertisement