Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yer man was thrown out of the National (Nazi) Party. Doesnt that say something. Too extreme for an extremist racist party.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Just like providing some reference about the NGO she/he works with and is supposedly representative of being completely independent of State funding.. Somehow I doubt we'll get anything to verify their claims.

This poster has a long established habit of making claims and accusations without providing any evidence to support them.

Now you are actually making stuff up that I didnt say. 🤣

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭freemickey

"Multiculturalism" is the propaganda arm of those milking money out of nation's to maintain a pyramid of cheap labour.

Nothing more than a con job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This diversity lark is more like a fetish at this stage.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Im involved with one of those 170 organisations. Its entirely made up of volunteers and has zero government funding.

I asked for the name of the organisation, which you didn't provide. Pretty safe to assume that such an organisation is an NGO of some form, and also, on the receiving end of State funding considering the Government attitude towards racism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So little old Ireland with nearly two hundred organisations against racism isn't completely daft? And that's just one teat the NGO's suckle from. How many ones for the homeless etc? We're awash with NGO's to a farcical degree.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Employment numbers are at an all time high

New record as number of people employed in Ireland passes 2.5 million

Yet many businesses are having to close up during the week as they don't have enough staff and can't get more

It's little wonder employers are shouting at the govt to fix the permits system so they can bring more people to Ireland to work

It's genuinely hard to believe just how easily people are misled by cons.

A school with 43 nationalities. "Oh that's great, wonderful news! Separately, I can't find a place for my child in school."

"I have to wait 4 years for a medical appointment even though my head is falling off, that's weird."

"I can't afford to buy a home, that's weird."

"I can't afford to rent a home, that's weird."

"I can't move to take up employment because there's nowhere available, that's weird."

"These wages aren't enough to live on, that's weird."

"I have to wait 20 years on a social housing list, that's weird."

Like, for the suffering jaysus h Christ Almighty, can people not link the above to the simple fact that a f*ck load of extra people have been arriving into the country year upon year despite all these problems existing year upon year? Come on!

During a global pandemic, when people weren't allowed down the street, somehow yet another extra 11,000 people arrived in 2021. How?! By all accounts, it looks like now that the pandemic has lifted, there are record numbers arriving. We have to wait until next year to get those numbers though. And then the Ukrainian refugees, all ready being primed to take up the unaffordable jobs as part of the great pyramid scheme, is just the cherry on top.

Again, "multiculturalism" is nothing but the propaganda arm of a con job. The next time you're shocked at the state of the place and there not being enough to go atpund, think no further than this.

And don't mistake "immigrants" versus "migration". One is a way to make you feel guilty, the other is a cold economic fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

They want only young people who will work for minimum wage . There is age discrimination in the hospitality sector .

• Advertisement

A very good piece with some data on the topic

Ireland is now a multi-racial and multi-cultural country and Government policies should promote and encourage the development of an inclusive and integrated society with respect for and recognition of diverse cultures. The internationalisation of the population presents Ireland with the key challenge of developing a truly integrated society that values cultural and ethnic diversity.  

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eltoorock

A diverse Ireland will never produce another Berkeley or Beckett.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭slay55

I don’t like the idea

actually I don’t care anymore

They don't just want young people, they want non-irish people.

"Mr O'Keeffe told politicians that the COG working group is examining short-term measures to help address the problems in the industry.

He said the group is looking at integrating Ukrainian workers in hospitality, and the international recruitment of staff into the Irish market, as well as building future skills"

Irish people, by and large, are waking up to the unaffordability of many jobs, not just retail/hospitality. These employers want people more desperate and probably less educated so as they can put them under the thumb. All to maintain profits.

And simultaneously that reduces/stagnates wages for people all around, and also increases price pressures on housing for profits. It's a twofer.

It's all about profits, make no mistake. "Multiculturalism" is the propaganda arm of a profiteering policy that has just about run this country into the ground.

Eyes, ears and a brain are all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

All you need to do is take a look at the nationalities of the Deliveroo guys, mostly Brazilian where I live. You'll find most of the people working in hospitality aren't Irish and they're from poor countries. Often these lads are living in double figures in shared rooms and here on English language studies visas. They don't go home, the employers ask no questions and are happy to pay them cash in hand off the books. Honestly, there's lots of free online English language courses available. It's farcical to argue that people need to come to Ireland to learn to speak English. Without all the cheap foreign labour the hospitality industry would be forced to pay decent wages and provide decent working conditions.

No doubts.

Let me add further. The next time one of these cockamaney jobs has a guy deliver something to your door, have a look at the name on the receipts. Don't be surprised to see a woman's name when it was a man, or vice versa.

That's because multiple people are using one work permit illegally.

It's all bullllllllshaisse, the whole lot, from top to bottom.

Cheap imported labour, legal and illegal, to undercut wages and simultaneously pressurise housing for the profits of a few. It's gone about as far as it can, like all pyramid schemes there is an endpoint where it all falls apart and we're there.

That's a tricky one. I understand why so many African doctors come to work here, it's human nature to want a better life than the one you have. We do have a lot of them here and many of them are a real benefit to our health service, some, not so much. I won't go into the story of how one of them treated my Mother. It was so bad that the staff made an official complaint against her, though being a fat black African woman I doubt anything got done about it. Yah know, not being seen as racist is more important that the well being of the vulnerable patient. That being said, there are racist idiots using the HSE and nobody of any colour or nationality should be abused racially or otherwise. It's kind of hard to reconcile our need for doctors from poor countries with 3rd world health care who our own student doctors jet off to on a gap year so they have it on their CV.

the corruption in those 3rd world countries is on another level. If you have enough money you can get a dregree in anything

Yeah, it was a bit telling those Pakistani or Indian doctors that got pulled up for openly cheating in exams here to make sure their standard of education was up to scratch for working here. They made no attempt during the exam to try and hide the fact that they were cheating, even speaking in their own language to each other across the room, arriving by the same car and leaving together. Now don't get me wrong, I've met lots of very nice and very qualified doctors and consultants from India and Pakistan and I've no problem with them providing my medical treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Excellent post, but the vast majority of people only know what the TV tells them to know. They just aren't capable of joining up the dots. Those few who can are dissuaded from doing so by the same media branding them as evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Percentage of total population who were born overseas is higher in Ireland than in :

Belgium

Estonia

Netherlands

Spain

Croatia

Slovenia

Latvia

France

Denmark

Greece

Italy

Portugal

Finland

Hungary

Lithuania

Czechia

Slovakia

Romania

Poland

Source: European migration network

Emn.ie/useful-statistics/migration-and-migrant-population-statistics-in-eu-28/

Anyone who thinks this level of immigration won't have a negative effect housing, healthcare and education capacities in a country with housing, healthcare and education legacy shortages has had a bang on the head and isn't thinking clearly.

Profiteering via migration, all under the shield of "multiculturalism" could only ever go so far.

There's only so far you can dissuade and humiliate and chase people away from the truth. People have eyes and ears. They may be slow versus the propaganda, but they'll get there.

When you're struggling to find a place for your child to go to school and see the championing of 43 nationalities in one school, you're starting to f*ck around with the very basics of life. Ditto for everything else put down the shitter through too many people.

People have to leave back to their own country as a start. Once the initial shock wears off and the predictable accusations and insinuations bounce off, it'll happen out of pure necessity. Blame the people who built the pyramid by choice, not the people who need dismantle it for their own good.

I wonder if there are any Irish kids in that school in Limerick now. With that many nationalities none of the kids, whatever their nationality, will get a good education. It's just not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

What makes point 7 above racist?

It's xenophobic maybe (or certainly), but for most of our species lifetimes people have been xenophobic. We have campaigns for people to Buy Irish after all which encourages people to support our own.

Just curious at the use of the word racist in the context of that specific point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Maintaining your identify and culture is a bad thing according to him. Unless natives blindly do as they are told, they are dangerous radicals.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

🤣 You're hilarious at the way you make things up

Terry Pratchet

Not at all, I'll be out experiencing a load of culture this very weekend. There might be something on close to yourself

This is actually quite funny really. I appear to have upset people when I pointed out the ridiculousness of claims about 170 CEOs and 170 organisations that dont all receive stare funding and are not all NGOs.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

Used to have some African celebration yoke on in the beach in bettystown- it was basically white flight from the area with the number of scummers involved. It got that bad even the local paper had to report it n they like the sunshine n lollipops multiculturalism- enjoy!

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/public-disorder-mars-church-event-on-bettystown-beach-27158758.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I somehow doubt that. You'll be here, as usual, attempting and failing to provoke people.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Advertisement