Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Kess, Rarnes1, Mike65/Harry and the legendary Pilborough doughboy all sadly missed.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I thought Rarnes1 is 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Who was the poster who actually despised FSG and their frugal spending,was constantly giving out that they wouldn't spend money,this especially came to a head before we signed VVD and Allison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

For whatever reason I've spent over a decade on this forum through peaks and troughs of engagement on this thread without really taking close enough notice of who posts what and who everyone is. There's 2 or 3 posters that I recognise from their posts and I "know" who they are because I know how they post but literally everyone else I'm just reading the posts and not noticing who is saying what. It's kind of how I imagine my posts are read too. No real lasting impressions just chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ahhh Pilborough doughboy! Greatest exit post of any poster, what a meltdown!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anxiously waiting to see Thiago in training.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Ok lads a very important question.

Have to go to a stag in Galway city this weekend.

Obviously my first priority is the match sat night.

Anyone from those parts recomend best place to enjoy the game Please.

j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Watched a pool game in An Pucan just off Eyre Sq a few weeks back. Decent atmos and spacious enough. Good few screens so a decent view anywhere you end up sitting or standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Brain team working with the Greek Scouser today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Jesus, it looks like that contraption has lobotomized the Greek in that picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think we are releasing these pictures of the Brain Team equipment just to screw with teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I like Benzema as a player but he's way off the mark here if he thinks we think we have won it already... 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think it's a mentality that the Madrid team are trying build up for themselves going in to the game.

One of their players was saying the other day how Salah had insulted the Madrid badge because he wanted revenge for 2018.

They're trying to paint Liverpool as arrogant which just looks stupid when you look at the tweet.

It shows how nervous they actually are about facing us!

Ah lads this absolutely brilliant, it’s the length of a 3-0 comeback to Milan but it’s well worth your time:

What a guy Divock is.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭boosabum

Sally longs will be full of Liverpool supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Not sure where the supporters club usually meet or if there is one knocking about anymore but will second pucan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bit hard to paint Liverpool arrogant after they were all wearing tops with 14 on the back after the semi-final, only one arrogant team there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann has warned Mo Salah that 'karma' may strike him in this weekend's Champions League final. Salah had revealed that he is out for revenge

"When you throw a comment like this into the world, I think you need to be worried about karma. I’m not saying Salah was disrespectful, but he said something that he didn’t need to say and sometimes these comments catch up with you,"

"If I was his team mate, that would be something I would be thinking about leading up to the game. I think it is better to leave these things alone and do your talking on the pitch. If you want to make a comment afterwards, then fine."

• Advertisement

“In tomorrow’s news, John Arne Riise is concerned by the growing trend of homeopathy within the Liverpool squad…”

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

I am no fan of didi as a pundit but kinda agree with him in this instance. He probably should just let his football do the talking here. I think Mo is so desperate for revenge he is gonna force a lot of the play and dare I say it will be a bit more selfish than usual. Obviously hope im wrong of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just having a look at fbref.com and looking at players similar statistically to Salah. Moussa Diaby at Leverkusen was high on the list (along with the likes of Sterling, Sane, Foden etc)

Anyone know anything about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

The way Salah has played recently, I'm hoping that this works as motivation for him personally. The way players speak nowadays where they say nothing of note, it's refreshing to hear someone say I want to play them, I didn't like what happened last time and I'm determined to change the result.

I wonder will Klopp bring Carvalho to the final as a guest and get him involved with the club spirit.

Yeah we don't want selfish Salah for the final trying to beat Madrid on his own on a one man revenge mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I did the combined team in bbc and I got Ali, Trent, Alaba, VVD, Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Modric, Salah, Benzema, Vinicius. Anyone dare to disagree??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have issues with Benzema the person in relation to well publicised criminal trials brought against him, I was prepared to overlook these character defects as has had a fantastic year on the pitch but now to find out he tweets, I'm sorry there's no coming back from that.

If Salah & Mane start on Saturday it will be their 70th game of the season between club and International football.

That is just crazy and then you look at some these players will then head off to play summer internaionals for their Countries before ruturninng for pre season in early July.

• Advertisement

Looks like Madrid don’t want to pay Monaco’s €80m asking price for Tchouameni and Monaco are not budging.

If he’s chosen Madrid over us but they don’t sign him, he certainly won’t be joining Liverpool either. We’ve probably already moved on to Sangare. I can’t recall Klopp ever signing a player that just settled for Liverpool, rather than actually wanting to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I completely forgot entirely about that one, in that case, feck Benzema the bollocks 🙂

If anyone wants the program for the match on Saturday, see the link below :

At the reported €25m Sanare would be a steal we would probably get €25m for Ox this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just having a think about the midfield for Saturday and I think Fabinho will start alongside Hendo & Keita. I don't think Thiago will be fit enough to start. Possibly from the bench, but in a way this kind of helps Klopp.

The games I've watched Real Madrid in this season in the CL, they seem to play in big spurts of energy. Big moments of individual brilliance from the likes of Modric, Benzema & Vinicius Jr. It's then later on when Kroos & Modric tire that Camavinga comes on to provide more midfield dynamic with Valverde coming inside too, along Rodrygo to come on to provide further pace up front. Camavinga keeps impressing me too. His energy later on in the game has proven vital to Real Madrid in these comebacks.

And let's just say that Klopp goes with Fabinho Hendo Thiago. There's a high chance that 2 out of those 3 can't finish the game, meaning the midfield for the latter stages, and possibly extra time would be Milner Keita & a tiring Hendo. Which I think would get bypassed by Camavinga & Valverde's energy levels.

I think starting Fabinho Hendo Keita, and having Thiago as the impact sub to change the style up to get at them more so, or keep the ball while leading and tire Madrid out might just be best option, which Klopp has been forced into but might end up being a blessing in disguise. Don't get me wrong, I think Thiago is a brilliant footballer and a vital cog, but the doubts over his fitness, in addition to Fabinho's too just make it a bit too risky for me.

Would you be concerned about Thiago breaking down after coming on as a sub? If he is fit enough to play and Klopp plans to play him, I’d start him and replace him if he pulls up.

I'd start Thiago if he breaks down us a sub if you use him as a sub and he breaks down you have lost two subs out of the 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good points, though I think either way we're kind of ok... with either of Keita or Thiago on the bench to come on around the same time as Camavinga, we'll be refreshing with a high quality player. Keita in reserve offers even more energy, as he's more of a runner and presser than Thiago, so is a good counterpoint to Camavinga off the bench.

Now, if Thiago doesn't make the squad at all, I'll be a bit worried, as the quality from the bench suddenly drops significantly. Millie obviously does a job, but he's not the most dynamic option to have while RM are revving up making energetic changes. And it'd be a lot of pressure for Elliott to come on and need to make a big impact.

As long as Hendo, Fab, Keita, and Thiago are in the squad and fit enough to play a part, I think our midfield will be good enough over the 90.

I'd have more confidence in him playing 20-30 mins and being able to used in a worthwhile fashion, rather than playing him from the start and first of all hoping be doesn't break down, and then hoping he can have the desired affect in the 60 mins cos he will be coming off on 60 more than likely.

If he comes on at 60 or 70, at least it's with specific areas to target. Hopefully it's just 'keep ball' and see the game out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Madrid have been at their weakest when pressed. Chelsea and City really had them on the ropes when they pressed them and for that reason I start Keita as he's our best midfield presser when we press high. If we're behind Thiago is a great option from the bench as Real will likely drop deeper to hold their lead so we'll need Thiago to move the ball quickly and accurately and probe and if we're ahead he's perfect player from the bench to retain the ball. I was also big on Konate playing ahead of Matip but his nervous looking performance against Wolves makes me want to go with experience instead.

I think we're going to try press the life out of them in the first 20-30 minutes, like we did against City and Chelsea in the FA Cup games. Those first half hours are probably the most aggressive I can remember us starting games this season and I think it'll be the same here and Keita started both of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I was okay with my nerves until this evening. It is getting close now and the butterflies have started, but I strangely love it as well. It is only the kind of excitement and expectation you get by playing in the final.

I have also sort of consoled myself if we do lose. Firstly I cannot worry about other fans thinking our season hinges on this, I have had a great time this season. From the highs at the start to the lows in December to fighting for 4 trophies. Cannot beat that and more than exceeded my expectation for this season.

If we do lose against Madrid we lost against a team that beat both our main challengers this season. They could not beat them so we would not be on our own if that were to happen. So bring on Saturday, cannot wait and hope we perform to our best level. If we do that I think we will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Yep can see Liverpool attempting to suffocate RM in the first 20 minutes ala other big games this year.

also expect Matip to start, his bursts with the ball engage midfielders which should hurt Madrid. Although, Vini jr against Liverpool’s high line could be a key battle and if Trent is up the pitch, Konate has the capacity to run down Viniscus more than Matip

''Liverpool have held transfer talks with Tottenham striker Harry Kane over a potential summer transfer.''

Yea right 🙃

So the latest transfer rumour tonight is we are in talks with Harry Kane lol

His odds have been slashed by bookmakers.

Xabi Alonso looking to take a step forward , looking for new challenge, maybe he'll end up in the Premier League, Leeds would be a good fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Harry Kane haha. But, if Son was available, I’d have him in an instant.

So it is one of The Anfield Wrap guys that is saying the club has held talks with Kane.

According to Rob Gutmann on The Anfield Wrap's The Gutter podcast, Liverpool have held transfer talks with Tottenham star Harry Kane.

A source close to Rob Gutmann revealed to the podcaster that "Liverpool have held talks with Harry Kane."

As much as I enjoy listening to TAW, Rob Gutmann does not have any good sources and just regurgitates twitter rumours really. He went all in on Liverpool signing Bissouma last summer.

TBF there was a lot of reports of interest at the time, but I’m sure his legal problems put the kibosh on any potential move. He is a player, I wouldn’t have minded seeing him join, but he is untouchable now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement