Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

O’Sullivan said €45 on the podcast but just checked Ticketmaster and it’s showing stand €40 for an adult and terrace €30.

€30 for stand for OAP/Student and €20 for terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

I agree. When you think back to last year (i know most of us don't want to), it was clear that management had identified the need to invest time in forwards who could become first team players longer term. That has continued this year and we are starting to see the benefits in sticking with young players. It's great that Lynch has become that forward but there were plenty of people querying whether he would make it earlier in the league- look at him now. We now need the likes of Cormac Reilly and Cian Madden to start stepping up as well- i am sure they will. It might take time

I think everyone in the county feels Conor Smith COULD be one of those forwards IF he could stay fit, but sadly he hasn't managed to do that yet. I think he played for Kilygarry last week so that most likely means he won't be in the panel for Saturday. Wonder if the Holla, Oisin Kiernan and Martin Reilly are fit to start.

I don't think Cian Madden or Cormac O'Reilly would be as free scoring in club football as Lynch is though. Caoimhin O'Reilly doesn't appear to be in favour and may miss most of the Tailteann Cup with the injury he has. Conor Madden is probably your next option if available. I'd forgotten how well he had played against Monaghan in 2019. I watched some highlights of it on Youtube the other day.

Is there any news re Caoimhin McGovern's status and when he can return to football? I thought he had played some club games as a sub last year.

There's not many as free-scoring at club level as Lynch in fairness!

I'm still convinced that Conor Madden has all the attributes to be a top inter county footballer even though with each passing season that is less likely.

I thought McGovern had come off the bench in a few games this season, definitely was mentioned by WAC as having made an appearance. Your boards.ie sparring partner is the best person to give us an accurate update.

It's never too late for Madden. I think he's around the same age as Gerry Smith or Padraig Faulkner so is around 28 now. Darren McCurry is 29 this year and only came to the fore consistently for Tyrone last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Can a ticket for Saturdays game be purchased at entry ahead of throw in on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

No tickets for sale at the ground afaik, they’re on sale on GAA.ie, ticketmaster and Centra and SuperValu stores i think.

We Are Cavan podcast confirmed Caoimhin out and appears he will miss most, if not all, of the Tailteann Cup. Niall Murray also out and Paddy Lynch mentioned as a doubt due to his collision with Murphy that time.

I was also told that Fionntain O'Reilly is out as you appear to have heard above, due to a shoulder injury that he was carrying through the U20s.

The podcast unsure of the availability of Conor Madden as it was mentioned he hasn't played for Gowna and surely needs playing time.

I had it from a very good source that Fionntain dislocated his shoulder a few days before the u20 final. He was very subdued by his standards that night. You would assume a dislocated shoulder would be okay by now though. Shame for Niall Murray, he's been so unlucky with injuries. From the level he had gotten to in 2019 (after McVeety he was our best forward that year), he would be a starter for us for years and in reality he's had minutes here and there due to that horrific injury in 2020. Disappointing for Caoimhin. I was delighted he was back in the panel and he has all the tools to be an intercounty forward. Hope he sticks with it and nails down a corner forward position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

I don't think Graham wants the type of player Caoimhin is on his team, definitely not as a starter anyway. You can see what Graham expects from his corner forwards and he isn't that type of player. It's a pity because he knows where the posts are and has an eye for goal.

• Advertisement

Martin Reilly & Oisin Kiernan named to start tomorrow. Cian Madden dropped to the bench and no sigh of Conor Moynagh. Some surprise inclusions in the 26 like Jack McKenna & Niall Carolan. Oisin Brady back into the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blue47

Very strong team, Lynch is there, no Conor Madden either, must be injured, was hoping to see Conor Smith on bench too

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mogue77

Good to see the panel getting stronger, no Cian reilly either I thought he would have started today, is Conor Moynagh injured.

I know we’ve had two games in the trot with no dummy teams or dummy squads, but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see some changes to that 26.

If not, and we’re going well, I would like to see TED get some decent game time. Assuming he’s been to Lidl to do his messages.

Looking forward to this. Decent weather, and I’m going for Cavan plus 6.

theres also a special fast track queue for anyone who magically manages to add their ticket to the wallet on their iPhone via the GAA tickets website.

Down were disappointing. Their shooting was atrocious - they looked explosive at times on the break but no end product.

We needed the goal to wake us up. Ran the bench and won comfortably which was good. Would have been nice to rattle in a couple of goals and break the 25 point mark but a 9 point win against a team that started the year in Division 2 can’t be sniffed at.

Lovely sunny day; loads of very high quality scores and win by 9 pulling up. Can’t fault that.

i actually was a bit worried with our opening few minutes- we were asleep- but once we found our groove, we had we’re far superior. Some game from Ray, he was absolutely on fire today. Whilst we won at a canter, those two penalty saves were crucial. Down score that and it’s back to 4 points, we’re a man down (no pun intended) and despite absolutely dominated they would have been back in it. Would have been nice to have taken one of numerous goal scoring opportunities but that’s something to work on.

please let Wicklow beat Offaly. I want us to get them next and really go to town on them and settle a score from 2021.

We can’t get Wicklow for another round due to the geographic split:

Important items to note around the Tailteann Cup:

• The Championship will be played on a knock-out basis, and organised geographically in Northern and Southern sections, up until the semi-final stage.

• There will be a draw made for each Round.

• New York will enter the Competition at the quarter-final stage.

• Dates:

o Preliminary Round (If required) | 21-22.05.2022 (Sat/Sun) 

o Round 1 | 28-29.05.2022 (Sat/Sun)

o Quarter-Finals | 04-05.06.2022 (Sat/Sun)

o Semi-Finals | 19.06.2022 (Sun)

o Final | 09.07.2022 (Sat)

• Home Venues shall be used for the Preliminary Round, Round 1 and Quarter-Final games, with the first team drawn having Home Advantage. The Semi-Finals & Final will be played in Croke Park. 

• All games Winner on the Day.

Ah here, I either missed that or ignored it. That’s a load of cod.

Yep so we can only get Leitrim, Fermanagh/Longford or Sligo/London.

• Advertisement

Sligo & London went to extra time. Sligo up by three now, London missed a pen and now down to 14 men.

Fermanagh won.

Happy enough with that performance, I hope falkners ok seemed to land awkwardly, what can you say about Raymond galligan but brilliant kicking

Paddy Lynch looked to be struggling at times towards the end of the first half before he got the black card. I was surprised they left him on for the full game.

Didn’t think so myself, and he was showing a nice level of ruthlessness in that he wanted to get a few more scores.

was Faulkner hobbling from that jump under the stand in the first half?

Yep Faulkner didn’t seem right after he landed wrong that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

When is the draw for the next round? Who are we hoping for?

Leitrim in breffni would be nice

I’m hoping for either Leitrim, Sligo or Fermanagh. 😀

Home draw would be great, especially for a bank holiday weekend. They’re all “away” games for me but handier to arrange a weekend home!

Tomorrow morning at 8.35 on Morning Ireland. I fully expect that we’ll get Fermanagh and Leitrim will get Sligo to keep a uniform provincial split. If I was to pick opposition, I’d prefer to avoid Fermanagh.

• Advertisement

Stunned that Carlow beat Tipp, who I would have felt would have been one of the teams who could win this.

Advertisement