Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think about this ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Isn’t this conspiracy normally tied in with the advances in technology and automation, to the point that pretty much all manual jobs will be performed by ai and robots rendering us obsolete.

Then we get a living wage and pretty much live out our lives doing sweet feck all. Some new form of futuristic communism but without the murder hopefully. Too good to be true really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

living on lab meat and dried insects and getting forced medical treatment as well as being restricted on where you can travel, sounds exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Absolutely, it'll never happen, there's nothing for free.

Year's ago you'd read about that on focus magazine and see it on the discovery channel, and tomorrow's world.

There's a time when scientist's said in the future we could live on vitamin pills alone, FFS but that was disbanded.

No they won't get their utopia off the ground, it's just more lies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's an economic forum, it has no legislative power.

Elected leaders go because it's an economic forum.

They stand for sustainability, economic recovery, promoting growth and cooperation, safeguarding the climate, food supply and nature. Terrible I know.

• Advertisement

I've noticed you make bizarre drive-by comments stocked with conspiracy innuendo but never actually say anything

Is there a "one world government" conspiracy going on according to you, if yes, what is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have absolutely no idea what the topic of this thread is. A bunch of conspiracy theorists just appear to be writing random strings of words together into things which vaguely resemble sentences, but it's impossible to derive the meaning of any of it.

They all seem to be happy "discussing" something, but not even clear if they are talking about the same things. Is this an example of the conspiracy theorist thread/forum utopia that they have asked for previously where they are free to discuss the conspiracies?

How they can claim to be discussing anything in this thread is beyond me as none of their posts make the slightest bit of sense.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Have you been asleep for the last two years ?

The conspiracy theorists were saying that the WEF and Co were trying to bring in a new world order and the sheeple, the people were laughing at them and saying it'll never happen. But looking at the latest development they're quite open about infiltrating our governments and getting their world view to fruition.

The same people who are suggesting you live on insect's and artificial meat and they're eating the best of food at Davos themselves. Flying in on private jet's clocking up imaginary carbon footprints.

If you are limited to 5k you won't be able to buy anything beyond that point. Your credit card won't work beyond your zone. I thought it was a load of baloney but it's on the card's.

You'll own nothing and be happy is their party line.

Is this the world you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But it isn't their party line.

That's a conspiracy theory factoid that you've swallowed whole and never looked into.

And have you been asleep for the last 20 years? Conspiracy theorists have been claiming one group or another has been on the brink of taking over the world for those last 20 years.

Before the WEF was the hot new boogeyman, it was the Bilderburg Group. Before that it was Agenda 2021. Before that the Bohemian Grove guys. Before that it was the Illuminati or whatever.

I'm sure this time you guys are right though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

So why are you here?

What was the point of that post?

It paints an impression of a baby throwing a tantrum but not quite sure what it's meant to be frustrated about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Nobody said they were on the brink they said it was being planned, stop making up stuff to suit your argument.

It won't happen, they'll fade away into obscurity, a bunch of old men at the end of their game ranting and raving.

Do you honestly think Schwab s ideas are going to fruition. I don't.

Carbon footprint taxation, a load of bollocks.

Maybe they're trolling the conspiracy theorists. Maybe people are giving them at Davos too much attention.

Most people will get on with it, we'll still be driving around and have freedom.

Gates, Schwab, Soros and Co have no power over people.

The conspiracy theorists did say it's a plan by the nwo or whatever..... but I don't think it's going too well.

Nobody wants a utopian 1984 type of society.

Lol. Then conspiracy theorists have been claiming that these secret plans have been ongoing for 20 years. The distinction doesn't really alter my argument.

Also, in previous threads conspiracy theorists have been claiming that the WEF will be enacting their plan by 2030. Ie in 8 years. I would call that on the brink.

When do you believe their plans will come together?

lol Waffling.

You claimed that was their party line. Why do you think that? What did you personally do to actually see if that was true? Be honest now.

And remember all of the above is actually true. A Danish MP really did write a blog about some future scenario where she envisioned people owning nothing and being happy, and this one woman has more power than you can imagine. Despite all her disclaimers (to paraphrase) "yo mental people this was just a blog", we know this is the new global blueprint. That the economic forum which has been held every year for donkeys is actually a secret totalitarian party with unparalleled powers. That all this is being implemented as we speak. The rations of insects are being stockpiled. The world is already being mapped into zones. The "no ownership of anything allowed" signs are being printed.

And I don't mind so much, I am sure I can be useful in rounding up others to work in their underground artificial meat caves..

There you go you're getting into the spirit of mocking these dinosaurs

They are just living in a fantasy of their land of make believe.

Justin Trudeau is a big fan of this kind of culture. He's another Gimp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

In general the WEF dump alarming and controversial material into the public sphere and they can see that it generates a very bad reaction amongst the general public and they have to row back. Then they do it again, more than once. So a forum of world leaders has no Public Relations strategy? Very odd.

Even on the most innocent interpretation it is a big mistake for a legislator to be spitballing dystopian scenarios.

Apart from anything else the passivity with which this is presented ("hey wouldn't it be bad if people had no property rights?") ignores the fact that such a thing can only come about via legislation. In other words, only the likes of Danish MPs can safeguard or destroy such rights vis a vis Danish citizens. So for a Danish MP to be openly "daydreaming" about this should not receive a sanguine response. It shouldn't be tolerated as it's beyond inappropriate, and obviously it erodes trust.

I'm sure you realise this yourself despite what you say.

That's a trick question, I know what angle you're coming in at now. You'll suggest I seen it on Twitter.

But sadly no, it's not a Twitter thing.

Answer me this please.

Would you be happy by 2030 if you weren't able to own nothing ? And you'll be happy :)

Similar to the average person being called useless eaters, or with the help of vaccines etc we can decrease the population....

Idiot's, no wonder the conspiracy theorists are up in arms, and have a point.

It's not a trick question. You did see it on twitter or some such and then didn't bother to look into it beyond that.

You can't admit that because like all conspiracy theorists, you aren't very honest.

So again, prove me wrong. Tell us what you did to actually see if that was true. How did you look into it?

If you can't or won't say, then I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

In general I would say that as soon as someone starts making disturbing statements the onus isn't on me to "prove" they aren't joking and that they really mean it, I simply cease to trust that person.

There is no obligation to trust or believe anyone. Trust is earned.

If someone is starting from a position of "I will trust this prominent media-promoted billionaire/politician/celebrity until someone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are actively motivated to do harm" that's a personal choice they've made to be open to strangers and to accept appearances. Perfectly reasonable in a way but as I said there is no obligation to do this. None at all.

So it's about you being right, I suppose we're heading down that route again.

YouTube , I seen it on YouTube.

He did say you'll own nothing and be happy.

You never answered my question.

Would you be happy if you own nothing, and your salary the exact same as someone doing sweet f all.

The middle classes on the same financial security or insecurities as the people on welfare....

One class still has to work, the others have a leisurely lifestyle.

Lol. Nope. That's not where the quote comes from man.

And notice how you didn't actually answer the question.

You saw some youtube video by some conspiracy nut, decided you liked it and accepted what you were told without question.

You never answered my question about owning nothing, there you go again, asking people to do the impossible. No answer is appropriate enough.

Would you be happy owning nothing ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-wef-idUSKBN2AP2T0

The question is pretty irrelevant though. There was no stated goal of any such thing by the WEF. It was a video dealing in hypotheticals. Man, thought experiments etc must blow your mind entirely....

• Advertisement

No they don't really. It's usually generic stuff about economics, sustainability and so on.

On the other hand conspiracy theorists, cranks, loons, paranoid people and assorted fringes do dump all sorts of nonsense and distortions on internet. On a very regular basis. You only have to look at this forum.

So for example, when some Danish MP had to write some blog about the future, she wrote a little piece about people not owning anything. And that was that. Until the loons found it, and decided it was some blueprint for the future, you can imagine the rest.

Likewise whenever poor Bill Gates does something, anything, there's an entire army of internet fruitcakes who are more than happy to seize on it, distort it, shriek about their creation, and then move onto the next bit of nonsense.

The problem, as always, is not the WEF, or 5G, or Democrats eating pizzas - it's the "enlightened" blob of excitable paranoid people who believe all their own creative writing a little too much.

Advertisement