Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike hire - Gorey area

Options
  • 27-05-2022 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I will shortly be staying in Gorey for a week and I’m trying to hire a road bike for a day or two. Not fussy in terms of spec, just something I can get out on for a few mornings before the family is up. Google has provided a few misleading results, so I would appreciate if anyone knows of anywhere they could help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of ANY road bike hire facility ANYwhere in Ireland. It's just not a thing. I'd also presume any enquiries into the "why" to very quickly lead you to an "insurance" brick wall explanation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Roadbikehire.ie has been going for a while now. He's in south Dublin, don't know if he'll deliver to Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Borrow a bike? Or does the challenge lie in the transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

@fat bloke, perhaps it’s a little niche, but it’s definitely a thing. I hired one without issue in Cork last year.

Weepsie- thanks will check them out.

mojomaker- bike isn’t the issue, just transport on this occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

biking.ie do in both Ballinastoe and Ticknock. I assume they don't deliver/ collect though.

• Advertisement

Welcome to borrow a towbar-mounted bike rack (if you have a towbar of course) Chartsengrafs. I think you're near me - or at least used to be.

If that helps the transport issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

That’s incredibly generous of you, MojoMaker, thanks. My brother-in-law unexpectedly produced a rack from somewhere this evening and it fits our slightly awkward car. So I’m all sorted. Thanks all.

Nice result!

Advertisement