Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

She went as a mother. How about she goes as a daughter to make her peace with her sick father?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She could have at least dressed half appropriately. Looked like a down and out!

out and out attention seeker. No matter what the event/cause.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Do they not know by now that when they do stuff like that it comes across as a publicity stunt and crass.

The difference between this and Kate at the Sarah Everard vigil was that Kate has had over a decade of impeccable behaviour as a RF member, and many years as an unofficial member so it's because of that track record that she was able to chance attending something so close to a political movement in a personal capacity. And she got away with it because she did it very discreetly and privately - half her face was covered in a mask, and with only a plain clothes officer with her, many who were there probably just passed them off as a random couple.

Very different to turning up with a camera crew, wearing a mike and staging a play of sadness for the waiting paparazzi. A card to each of the families in her lovely handwriting would have been far more appropriate here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Also Kate visited a public memorial quietly and without fuss. It was an appropriate place to visit, where many many others did likewise, to pay their respects, without in any way shoving themselves into the faces of those who were and are mourning Sarah Everard, RIP.

This publicity grab means she basically invaded a grieving community who have had no time to even begin to comprehend the horror of what has happened. They don't need outsiders turning up using this horrific tragedy for their own ends. This is about as low as anyone could go, imo.

Her crew were reportedly told to **** off by a Texas Ranger. I hope that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just when you think she could not sink any lower. Flying in on a private jet to intrude in so many families immersed in such raw painful grief. Surrounded by cameras. Absolutely disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did she actually bring cameras or are those media cameras already there because of the tragedy?

I'm hoping they were not her own cameras because if they were then she's an absolutely disgusting piece of shlt and they should be completely shunned by the RF.

My blood is actually boiling here thinking about it if that's what she did.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

maybe she will, all though given he used the media to imotionally blackmail her and all else i can understand why that would still hurt her.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There are lots of cameras already there, yes. Some of the cameras focused on her are being described online as Netflix cameras - I don't know if that is correct or not.

It certainly looks like she placed the flowers, then stood up and someone with a camera is immediately in taking a photo of her flowers. 😡 And she appears to be looking over the shoulders of some of the photographers.

Bottom line is she should NOT be there, end of. Pushing her way into a community which is literally shattered. What she has done is so far beyond inappropriate, I cannot even find the words to describe it.

My heart goes out to those grieving this senseless loss of innocent lives. May all of those who died there so horribly, rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It really doesn't matter much. She could have bet cameras would be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

That's exactly it. She get's the benefit of the doubt in so far as there would obviously be press there in situ already given the tragedy that has happened. That's bad enough but not her fault but as mentioned she has no business there and the "as a mother" pulling at the heart strings guff is insulting. However, if there is even the remotest association of any photographer there to her personally, her team or her PR company then it ought to serve as a point of no return to even her most committed and ardent supporters that Meghan is a confirmed self-aggrandizing see you next tuesday exploiting a mass shooting of children for self-promotion purposes.

Her PR ought to be quitting if they have any hand in this considering the backlash.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

If she wanted it to be a private visit, I'm sure she could have asked her security to make sure no photos were taken.

Not a chance. Woman craves adulation and attention and limelight and drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Oh I agree, she totally craves any sort of attention. Even negative!

loyal, no, as i have no reason to be loyal to her.

Your clear disdain for Britain and RF is your reason to be loyal to her.

An enemy of my enemy it reads like with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Next week she will destroy the jubilee with her antics she should be un invited today ! Who cares if the kids meet the queen she the Queen has plenty of good grandchildren who are more aristocratic than any this woman can create ! Ban her from the UK & the idiot she married who is a shell of a beta man.

It's hard to believe after all that has went on and all that she has been up to, she/they still have the brass necks to attend the Jubilee

• Advertisement

Hard to believe that they want to stay in touch and visit such a racist family who wouldn't help them.

It’s May and at a garden party Kate wears a dress similar to the one she wore at the 2018 wedding which was also in May. This is obviously a subtle throwback and "sweet nod" to Harry and Meghan ahead of them coming over for the Jubilee. The desperation to retain any kind of sniff with or association to the Royals reeks from guff like this and of course the Express are happy to get money from publishing it. You have the Daily Mail making money from articles mocking them but rubbish like this is the other side of the coin i.e. PR paid clickbait puff pieces like this article.

Burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

my deepest thoughts to the victims, respect, and condolences to the relatives.

but couldn't help but laugh at the line there regarding MM's visit: 'have they not suffered enough'...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Surely even American audiences will balk at the gall of her turning up with Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We don't know for sure if the cameras are Netflix or news media already there.

If she wanted to.pay her respect as a mum, she could have lit a candle at home or in a local church or said a prayer with her husband.

She even beat Biden down there 🙄

To thine own self be true

If some those cameras are Netflix then this woman truly couldn’t stoop any lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Netflix cameras ? Could the long time owner of 13 coronation street explain what that’s meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

I think this woman would attend an execution in order to further her brand, she is incorrigible and so low class, no class!

• Advertisement

Agreed. A good description I read was that "You can take the actress out of the Z-list but you can't take the Z-list out of the actress"

Advertisement