Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Eurobilltracker's still around?

Options
  • 17-05-2022 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

It's a hobby I got into years ago and still enjoy doing it and that's Eurobilltracking. It's big in Europe and was popular for a while when I lived in Dublin. Aware it got a bit quieter during the pandemic!!!!

Wonder if anyone else is into it or has any weird and wonderful hobbies?

For anyone wishing to join or check out the site It's www.eurobilltracker.com.

Be great to kick off the social group again and now Covid restrictions are easing meet up for a social event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Facthunt

It's a site for tracking Euro notes travelling around the world. Back in Uni a few of us used do it .... and used meet in Dublin periodically!!

There used be one similar for teacking the American Dollar!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I don't know what a ...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think the cool answer around here is..."I haven't used cash in over ten years! It's primitive and filthy".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

eurobill tracking???? but we only have one type of bill...the euro

or am i missing something??

• Advertisement

Each note is unique in that they all have separate printer code and serial number.

As I say I used to track notes as a hobby, still do now and then, and was wondering if anyone else does. It was reasonably popular in the 2000's!!

So if you are of a younger generation it may not have appeared as much!

As one user said .... a lot more seem to be using card more than cash so chances are a few old eurobilltracker's may not be tracking notes anymore.

www.eurobilltracker.com should you want to see what I am talking about anyway!! Enjoy 🙂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I still do it. when I remember.

Interesting hits: 17

Notes entered: 16 703

Hit ratio: 1 : 982.53

DublinIreland

Last Note Entered: 2022-05-16 22:28:41

International rank: 1 569

National rank: 10

City rank: 2

Value of notes entered: 417 740 €

Average denomination of notes entered: 25.01 €

Distribution of note values5 €   3 240   16 200 €10 €   3 346   33 460 €20 €   4 604   92 080 €50 €   5 506   275 300 €100 €   7   700 €

Amazed 400k has been though my sweaty hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Interesting hits: 17

Are 'interesting hits' notes that you have entered that somebody else has also entered, or is there something extra of interest about them?

I have an account (and just remembered my login) but have entered a grand total of 15 notes over 3 dates many years ago. Not a threat to your 16,703 tally. 😉

Fair play ..... What's your username? Keep up the good work .... don't sit back on it 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Interesting just means someone else entered the note.

For the number of notes I have entered, I have a very low hit ratio and also awful long periods of time without a hit at all.

Some people cheat and do things like writing the URL on notes, which of course means someone at some stage will enter the note again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I used to do this years ago but haven't visited the site in a long time. I doubt I'd even remember my username.

It was/is an interesting enough site but I don't think I ever had an 'Interesting hit'. I imagine contactless card and phone payments have seen site traffic dwindle considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Be interesting to enter the serial number of a forged note to see how many hits you get!

Not your ornery onager

The mods are on top of that .... especially as some notes get printed in magazines and all of a sudden its been a hit amoung several countries very quickly.

What was your user name?

I agree with you regarding contactless etc ..... even some die hard trackers have reduced the number of notes they enter! Still it's worth entering a few notes at least ..... more the merrier and it increases everyone's possibility of an "interesting hit"!!

I used to see you put in a lot of notes. Are you based in Dublin?

Japh based in Dalkey still enters lots of notes in Dublin.

Also Jon_tx in Galway!

You need to keep entering. The more that join and enter notes the great chance of an "interesting hit".

I have 9 hits over the years!

Yes I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

400k in cash? Is that all?

Would you not be worried at all that the taxman might use that site to identify you and find out about all those cash-in-hand grinds on the side though?

400k in 20 years. I'm sure the bank would back up cash withdrawals.

Thankfully, I have never in my life given grinds.

• Advertisement

£400k over 20 years isn't much. If you had a €50 note spent €5 you get €45 change so that's new notes to enter again. So even though the €50 was yours in that example you are entering €95 in notes!!

And I tend to pay for small items with big notes just to get notes to enter.

Once you start doing it it gets interesting. Worth having a look at the website and feeding back here. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea!!!!

Congrats @spurious ..... An interesting hit with Galway 🤑

See it on the Eurobilltracker website earlier.

Yes that was out of the blue. I hadn't had a hit in ages.

It's often when you least expect them you get them.

I've often swapped over a bunch of notes at the airport outside of Ireland so I can get a hit ..... It increases the chances of an international hit! There seem to be a lot more trackers still abroad!

Just checking in on the Eurobilltrackers! Anyone registered notes in any places of interest? Apart from Ireland only France and the Netherlands over the last few months.

Did leave a lot of notes off in France for the World Cup too so hopefully someone will find them 😀

All very quiet recently.

Not many popping up in Ireland. However there are loads of new users in France!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ha I've forgotten all about this! I hardly deal with cash anymore, perhaps a €10 or €20 on the occasional time.

• Advertisement

Advertisement