Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think about this ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

So if there's no stated goal, are we not going to see a dystopian society ?

Do you think we'll have the same freedoms we had for the last 30 year's.

Poor Bill Gates, come on man.

This is Bill Gates

https://youtu.be/jgm455M-N3Y

Do you trust this man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

We should come up with a blog piece about how we'll be living on Mars in the future, owning nothing, eating insects, with a social credit system AND we'll all be chipped

Send it to the WEF, see if some clerk in there absentmindedly retweets it and watch the online Armageddon unfold.

I mean that's how the whole Qanon thing started, surely it's worth a shot..

And then we will have people on this forum asking such gems as "Would you be happy owning nothing on Mars?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Bill Gates' own wife divorced him because, she said, of his relationship with a procurer of young girls.

Why do you still defend him and feel sympathy for him? Even in the mainstream and among people who know him personally his reputation is permanently trashed for, on the most innocent interpretation, terrible errors of judgement (or possibly much worse).

you certainly implied it

Do you think we'll have the same freedoms we had for the last 30 year's.

I'm talking about the microchips in the vaccines, tracking humans with barcodes, depopulating the planet, that stuff

Not the private lives of people like Trump or Gates who've had affairs or a relationship with Epstein ;)

• Advertisement

Elite paedophilia was a David Icke conspiracy theory a decade ago. Now it's just a mundane fact.

Why would mass tracking or depopulating be beyond the ken of someone who rapes young girls in their "private life"? (Or is 'only' close friends with someone who does.)

The facade that Gates is a friendly, well-meaning nerd with business sense - which held good until very recently - is now totally exploded, never to be put back together again.

It isn't a vindication of every madcap conspiracy attributed to Gates but it shows that he is a *completely untrustworthy* person who deserves no benefit of the doubt of any kind, from anyone. He should be universally shunned.

You're claiming that it's a goal... You should be able to point to some non autocratic governments that are aiming to achieve anything of the sort.

Absolutely no idea in relation to "freedoms" which is a vague term. Eg the introduction of minimum wages could be interpreted as a loss of a freedom. If we're to put a metric on it, freedoms have grown in Ireland in terms of being a more equitable society.

Meanwhile the politicians that tend to push Soros conspiracies etc tend to be the more autocratic politicians. Trump and Orban are coming to mind. Orban actively spent time targeting Soros. Press freedom under Orban went down. We never hear the conspiracy theorists calling out regimes like that...

There's no relation between David Icke and reality.

Paedophiles have been around since the year dot, however it's only really in recent decades, through changes in society and other factors that the issue has come more to the forefront, leading to larger investigations and uncovering abuses, e.g. the Catholic church

Conspiracy theorists have utterly nothing to do with that. However they screech endlessly that everyone in power is a paedophile (except for the serial adulterers they like) so when someone actually turns out to be a paedophile they say "we did that". No they didn't.

Absolutely, without a doubt, these people have been on about how to reset everything for years, the variables will never fullfil their dream.

I'd convert to Shia Islam and go to Iran before I'd live in a dystopian western world.

Maybe it would be a more interesting world if our local TDs woke up in the morning gripped by Dr Evil notions of a 1984 style dystopia, hell-bent on "controlling" and "tracking" the populace, all part of a perfect hivemind of other officials all working towards the same nefarious end-goal.

Sadly, I don't think they do. Still, conspiracy theorists keep the dream alive. Any day now.

Well it's not going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if some TD's would go along with it if it was a proposal.

I remember an old guy who fought in the Irish civil war told me as long as sinn feinn are kept from running the country we'll be ok

He reckoned there would be curfews road blocks and if someone think who's running it now is bad. Well not as one tenth as bad if the shinners got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol. Why is it impossible for you to explain what you did to verify something?

it's only impossible if you didn't actually verify it.

And no, I wouldn't be happy owning nothing. I wouldn't be happy owning a lot of stuff. My happiness isn't dependant on owning stuff.

It's not a relevant question because the WEF is not trying remove the concept of ownership.

Humble bragging now about being happy with your lot lol . I like nice things that are well made and of quality. You're probably similar yourself.

I bet you wouldn't buy rubbish though.

I couldn't picture you in cheap hiking boots or wearing synthetic t-shirt s in hot weather.

I told you I heard Shwab talking about everyone owning nothing and they'll be happy.

I didn't get too deep into it, but I don't like him. He reminds me of emperor palpatine in starwars....

Ok. You claim to have heard him talk about it.

Where? When?

I think you are lying. I don't think he has actually said any such thing.

I know where the quote comes from and the context it was said in. It didn't come from Klaus Schwab and you're the first person to claim he said it.

So cool. Post the youtube link. Point to where he said it.

But lemme guess, you're going to make some excuse as to why you're not going to find it, right? Going to claim that it was deleted off youtube or something? Anything and everything accept admit that you were wrong because you were too lazy and dishonest to actually check into something?

You're a dab hand at Twitter, there's hundreds of clips about the own nothing and be happy, search for it yourself....

Why ask me when it's at a few taps of the key board.

The dogs on the street know about it...

You're some idiot if you can't use YouTube...

I'm not posting you a link...go find it for yourself you lazy so and so...

• Advertisement

You're not posting the link because it doesn't exist. You lied. You didn't see it on twitter.

You did nothing to actually verify the statement. You just swallowed the claim whole from some grifter.

And now weirdly, rather than just admit to this, you lied.

Why man? Why do you have to lie to support your position?

Why do you believe your position when you have to lie?

You need everyone to hold you by the hand. You don't read or watch people's links because they're all lies.Sure go search yourself.

Says Pinocchio :)

I do read conspiracy theorists links. It's usually a good way to explain why they're misrepresenting them.

And I have searched. You're lying.

You know you're lying.

Please explain why. I genuinely don't get it.

You aren't preserving any illusion of credibility. No one is being fooled by your lie.

Are you lying on reflex? Do you think that if you try really really hard your lie will become truth?

Why do you not look into the stuff you believe? Are you afraid that you might start to question them?

I don't think you are familiar with what happened, to recap.

A (nice) Danish politician sat down and wrote a hypothetical wishywashy piece about what they thought the world would look like in 2030. The WEF site retweeted it or published it on their site. Here it is.

Unfortunately, someone in the conspiracy community discovered this. And the community did what they do best, they went into Full. Batshiat. Mode. A screeching hysterical fit over the equivalent of a school essay.

99% of all hits you see online will be part of that adult meltdown. Like Qanon it got so blown out of proportion that actual fact-checks had to be written.

We had the insane asylum in here banging on about it for at least a year. In the end most of them couldn't figure out what the conspiracy was (as usual), got bored and have generally piped down, waiting for the next big thing to go nuts about.

It was published on the site first, with disclaimers stating that it didn't actually reflect any of their WEFs goals or wants. The context of the article makes it very clear. But of course, no conspiracy theorists actually read the article. (The article doesn't even say that no one will own anything.)

It was later included in some twitter video or something where the "you'll own nothing" quote was used in a list of other statements. This is what the majority of conspiracy theorists are screaming about.

A twitter video. Not an article. Not a statement. Not an actual goal.

None of them, bad2thebone included looked any deeper than the conspiracy grifter bleating that quote at them.

They just believed what they were told like good little sheep. And then, they lie about it to preserve that belief from mean and upsetting questions.

Again, why are we debunking this stuff and not making a mint off these people

How do you know she is "nice"?

Obviously a national-level politician should not be writing dystopian fiction and a prominent think-tank should not be publishing it. She isn't George Orwell, she's a legislator with an obligation to protect people's rights so "imagining" these rights might disappear causes scandal.

Even if no one had got "the wrong end of the stick" it shows incredibly poor judgement on the part of several people.

• Advertisement

Advertisement