Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Has Larmour travelled with the squad does anyone know, in case Lowe doesn't make it?

Any sign of the La Rochelle team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Bookies have Leinster as 12 point favourites, are they that wrong?

If you think it’s 50/50 then you should be putting your house on LAR with a spread like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chief_sim

He's seen in one of the videos on Leinster's twitter landing in Marseille, as well as few others like Josh Murphy, Ed Byrne and Cronin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd guess that Leinster have a fairly robust travelling squad to cover most positions. Probably see some as waterboys on the day.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

For Finals they usually bring most of the extended squad anyway , but there will be at least 6-8 guys extra guys on the team bus and doing warm-ups etc. in case someone breaks down last minute..

Skelton starting!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster more "full bore" than LAR.

Leinster by more than the spread for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I don't take anything for granted and yes, I think this one will be close. An injury to Sexton, a red card... anything can happen.

I think we overlooked LAR last season, to our detriment and downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'd have thought he'd be more useful coming off the bench in the last 20 minutes.

Him against tired legs in ~30c heat wasn't a great thought, but him starting they'll get 50 minutes out of him at most.

Perhaps he's starting to try and prevent the Leinster fast start we've seen in the last few games - Both the QF and SF were largely won after the 1st 20/25 minutes..

I think the Weather forecast could be a bit of a leveller , it's due to be 30/31 degrees tomorrow. That's going to be very very tough.

Leinster will be the fitter team , but still.

Leinster still to win for me , but will be closer to a one score game.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I can see this being a 33 - 14 type game with leinster scoring twice in the last twenty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

On what basis do you think it’s 50/50? Genuinely interested.

I think everything we’ve seen from Leinster this season makes them pretty strong favourites. Throw in the injuries, and they’re even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I would hope Larmour is part of the travelling squad

But based on previous finals the entire squad was at the games anyway, even if not in extended squad

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

not everyone is there.

maybe some of the non-playing squad will arrive today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Gonna be flying into Standsted airport en route home to Dublin at 16:45 - from what I can see online Standsted rather unbelievably hasn’t got a single place in the airport where sports are shown.

Thought about getting a now tv day pass to watch on my phone but when I go to get it it only mentions Sky sports…

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The Sports Extra subscription on NowTV has BT sports. It might be on FTA though as well, Channel 4 potentially?

its on channel 4, so 4od maybe?

Yeah channel 4 would probably be best option although I can’t download the app while my geolocation is outside UK & Ire (in Italy atm)…may just suck it up and spring for the Now day pass rather than arriving at the airport and having to fiddle around trying to get subscribed to Channel 4 app etc

Turns out I can’t subscribe to NowTv currently for the same reason…**** sake that is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just as a change of pace, Off the Ball have published their best ever Leinster 15. The only qualifier is that it has to be in a Heineken Cup/Champions Cup winning season. They're ranking the best single season a Leinster player has had in their opinion.

The only gripe I have is that they've unnecessarily limited themselves wet the qualifier of Heineken Cup wins. As much as I love Shaggy, James Lowe is a better player and as much of a legend already as any of the below players.

Healy

Kelleher

Furlong

Leo (They broke their rules by qualifying that although Ryan is a better player, Leo is a better leader)

Thorn

Rocky

SoB

Heaslip

Reddan

Sexton

D'Arcy (I would've went Henshaw)

BOD

Nacewa

Horgan

Kearney

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah I have this problem - can't bloody download iPlayer etc even when in the UK. You might be able to get around it by just watching through the browser on your phone. or obviously a laptop would work grand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

France 2 is showing it FTA if you can set up a VPN

Yeah unfortunately no laptop just the phone…sure I’ll try my best and hopefully will get it somewhere!

Still can’t believe an international airport like Stansted has nowhere at all for sport…baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Shehal

That's just nostalgia kicking in and giving the benefit of the doubt to the player who played in the past which is so typical in Irish sport. Anyone who seriously thinks Leo should be in ahead of Ryan seriously needs to have their head checked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Thorn does not deserve to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,294 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

There are apps like which allow you to download apps from other locations.

I genuinely don't know about the legalities. The apps are genuine though. So you could download the 4OD app and set it up in advance of arriving in the UK.

It was based on them at their peak not their leinster career.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ngatai has a huge boot

Advertisement