Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brawl breaks out at Dublin Airport

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Grimstead?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

They had just apprehended a passenger returning from Lanzarote with an extra sleeve of cigarettes and were doing a photo-shoot & press conference highlighting the potential loss to Revenue.......

Always irritating when a wannabe smartass tries to be witty. For the record, certain Customs Officers have power of arrest and don't need the assistance of either the gardai or Airport Security. And the loss isn't to Revenue, it's to the exchequer, i.e. you and me (assuming that you're Irish).

https://www.boards.ie/profile/Hotblack%20Desiato

I blame predictive text - for Grimstead, read Stansted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Firstly, welcome to Boards.ie..😉

So tell us, why didn't these "certain Customs Officers" arrest these vermin.? Were they "busy" too.?

Or simply afraid to be labelled Racists...!!!

Is the famous "Bruce Almighty" still working at the airport. Probably the most ignorant and inept person ever to set foot inside the airport doors. No wonder the DAA is a laughing stock around the World.

• Advertisement

I realised later that was what you meant - thought it was just a nickname!

Seems appropriate anyway 😁

Because they work in Arrivals. Duh. 🙄

Bruce is or was an employee of Revenue. Nothing to do with the DAA, it's just one of the places they work.

Lots of drink talk etc on this matter.

Being on a flight with drunken ejits is a pain.

But imagine the bar in the airport refused them.

We would have the discriminatory card played.

Cant win.

Unless we call people on what they are we will never win.

Pretending they are normal is clearly not working

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Court system is one part of the reason I decided to quit in the end. It is a joke. And I agree, leave if it's no longer for you. But in me leaving, it was just me, no one else affected, had to sell the house, negative equity, credit history in tatters, living with my parents at 39 now. Not everyone can do that. Some are "trapped" in the job, can't get anything outside of it that pays similar, has bills to pay, families, etc... So I can understand some who trudge on, but it wasn't for me.

And they're no different than literally every other job which has people doing the exact same, barely doing the minimum and getting away with it. My current job praised the most useless fecker on the team last week because he did 1 thing right for 1 customer. No worry given that he basically does nothing on every other case.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Christ, people getting all worked up over a little fist fight.

Pack of bloody snowflakes.

Then some saying "what will the tourist's think" - they won't give a sh1te as it affected no-one except the skanks fighting.

If you want an example of police ineptness just look at Texas with a dozen cops outside the door of a school whilst a deranged gun toting scumbag shot children at point blank range.

Puts a little skirmish in Dublin into perspective

• Advertisement

Why would we care about crazy yee-haw 'Mericans shooting up a school? We have our own scum to worry about here, such as this fight in a public airport by our national treasures. It's not even the fight was the issue, it's the who involved and them thinking it's ok to do this wherever they want, and get away with it because they're untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Ah stop now.

I hope you showed up to support these poor misunderstood victims of oppression.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0530/1302108-traveller-protest/.

I turned the TV off as soon as I saw it starting. Christ on a bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

99.9% of people did the same

sort your own community out we have done enough for them and are sick of it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What do they want at this stage? They're already spoiled by the rest of us. This is from someone at their "protest" yesterday

"“As a Traveller man, I have to die 15 years earlier than a settled man. Why is that, and who is accountable?

Who’s accountable when it comes to the mental health issues that we’re facing as a community?"

Your sicko horrible backwards community is responsible, stop trying to blame everyone else.

He doesn't have to die 15 years earlier than anyone

Making bad choices like drink, drugs, imprisonment, dangerous driving, fighting etc etc cause the 15 years, don't make those choices then it doesn't apply to you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Good job these idiots were not there on Sunday last they may have missed their flight!

Crazy more than one was involved in a brawl - they should have been carted off and detained - drunktank at least

Advertisement