Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That feels like a big result. Even better with Cork dropping points

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Things back on track but still long way to go. Wonder will they be given the job full time ?

Waterford soccer related huge congratulations to Villa on winning the FAI Junior Cup. Will they play in the senior one now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

They were already in it before yesterday's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Another solid performance..6 wins on the trot now.. Great win, Blues closing the gap #BLUES

Great win and getting closer to the top 2

Big big game away to Cork next weekend

Going to be a tough enough decision for the board to appoint a new manager that may disturb the flow that the 2 caretaker managers have created

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Advertisement

I'd be fairly tempted to leave things as they are alright for the time being. Whatever they have it seems to be working. First half was alright, well on top but creating very little, most excitement was actually the pitch invader! Second half ran them ragged though eventually and big shout out to Louis Britton for getting the all important breakthrough goal on the way to the 4-0.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

That game is in two weeks. No games next weekend as the internationals are on.

My mistake

Nice to see a bit of Waterford representation in both the Irish U21 and senior sqauds

Hopefully have Taylor back within the next two weeks, though Power did well when he came on I thought.

Pretty sure he's out of contract, but would hope there are moves to try keep him longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

On loan until the end of June, and Bristol are releasing him.

Fairly unlikely to be hanging around the LOI First Division too much longer if League One or Two teams are looking at him. Would be very fortunate to keep him until the end of the LOI season I'd say.

It's great for lads like him to get to play competitive football up to the end of June when UK clubs are starting pre-season in July and making signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

No guarantee that he'll be picked up by League 1 or League 2 clubs though. He's been on loan with a few National League clubs while he's been with Bristol City but doesn't seem to have gotten a regular gig with any of them. A decent wage with Waterford might be enough to keep him here until the end of the season when he can try his hand again back in England.

Yeah, and it would be tempting to stay in a place where you're doing well. It seems like he wasn't fit/strong enough for league football over there, which would add to your theory that he might be tempted to stay a while longer and get more minutes under his belt.

The end of season here in November is a bit awkward if you're hoping to pick up a club subsequently as a free agent though, so I think he'll be off at the end of June myself.

📝 Searle Appointed Head Coach

Waterford FC is excited to announce that Danny Searle has joined our management team as Head Coach this morning

Danny has a wealth of experience having previously worked at Chelsea, West Ham and Charlton at youth level and more recently as manager of Aldershot Town in the National League.

Danny said: “I’m delighted to be here and can’t wait to get on the grass with the players. I’ve met the staff and we are looking forward to building on the good work that’s already been put in place. Waterford are a big club and the mission is clear, we want to be back in the Premier Division!”

Chairman Mitch Cowling said: “I would like to thank Gary and David for stepping up and taking on more responsibility over the last six games working closely under Tobias and producing six wins out of six. The three of them have done a fantastic job and long may that continue with the help of Danny coming in.

"I am also looking forward to welcoming everyone back at the RSC next Friday (24th June) to give the second half of the season a real push together to get the club back to where it belongs.

“We also have a special offer for our game on the 24th June against Bray Wanderers. I would like to offer Under 10’s to the game for €1 per ticket. Under 10’s have to be accompanied by an adult and I also kindly ask for no more than 4 under 10’s per adult.”

Hopefully he gets off to a good start, with the caretakers having a run of 6 games and 6 wins it won't be long before knives come out if the momentum is thrown off track.

Great offer for the kids there too.

Taking on holders St Pats away in the cup

Villa got Maynooth University away

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Richard Forrest selling up after barely 12 months. What a complete cu*t. I mean what was the point in buying the club in the first place??

Nicely timed announcement once again, just as the new manager is facing his first game and as the team are hoping to continue the momentum built up before the international break. What timing this bozo has, just like the Bircham sacking. Unless there is some other angle to this which I would love to be enlightened on, by anyone on here in the know, I just think he is an out and out C U Next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

He says it was just a valuation. Makes sense when you are trying to formulate a plan and need access to finance.

Could also be total crap, in which case I agree with you. The sacking of Bircham before the relegation game has to be one of the most insane things I've seen in Soccer.

Did a family member get dropped again I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

always seemed like a weird guy that had no clue what he was getting into, begging for unreasonable attendance numbers all the time on his twitter was pretty funny and desperate. he's not tweeted about Waterford for a while so its obviously true.

• Advertisement

The comments here regarding Forrest are pathetic.

So called fans should put their money where their mouth is if they want to have a go at it. This chap has come over and probably lost money keeping your hobby going for another couple of years.

Would love to know how they arrived at that valuation in a club leasing a council ground and such low crowds.

You could be right or you could be wrong. Either way you don't know.

Anyone over here trying to make money is in the wrong place.

Another 3 pts.. Closing the gap..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

7 wins in a row now and Athlone away tomorrow night which should be another 3 points before a big one away to Galway next Friday night.

Comfortable, if drab game. They looked tired which I suppose was to be expected after 4 weeks off. Could have made some subs sooner is all I'd say.

The farce with the floodlights was all so LOI.

Manager seems to be a safety first one, hopefully he manages to find a balance because the lads really do look at their best when they are going at teams directly and attacking with intensity and purpose

Great win up in Athlone tonight ..massive game away on Friday to Galway..we're closing the gap...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Excellent win away from home 5-2, the good form continues,massive game away to Galway Friday, although corks form is a bit ominous, they're flying it too.

Probably a farewell goal for Louis Britton tonight, seems his loan deal is up this week and he looks like he may be headed back to England. He is in some form and I'd love to see him stay on, be some loss to us.

If Britton goes he will be missed massively, chap is almost a cult hero at this stage. In super form the last while, works hard and has a knack for getting a breakthrough. Would leave a big hole, I hope something can be down to keep him.

Britton's loan is over. Would be amazed if he signs on again unless it's a very short term deal.

A guy like him will probably going on trial with an EFL club during their upcoming pre season which will be starting in the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Patterson is tied down on a contract until the end of the season, so if he moves in this window it will be for a fee. I do agree though, he is quality and is far too good for first division level. We will likely struggle to hold onto him.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement