Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you please just fix the bouncing

Options
  • 11-05-2022 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

OMG it’s really becoming sole destroying. Can’t use the site on mobile. Just posted there, not a huge one, but the thing must have bounced around 30 times on me resulting in links clicked, going back, my typing gone, re typing, and repeat!

If I wasn’t a boardsie for a long time, I’d be gone. Site is just such a pain to use now.

im using iPhone safari and no ad blocker or anything.

why is this well know issue not being addressed and fixed?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭DBK1

I’ll have to second this. It’s very infuriating. You only get 6 or 8 words typed and all of a sudden you’re out of the comment box and half way up the page clicking on advertisements as your fingers are still typing.

It’s going on for weeks now and should have been sorted long ago.

It’s the same when you’re reading posts, you end up back at the top of the page and by the time you scroll down and find where you were it’s already jumping back up again.

Just get it sorted please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Agreed, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I assumed my phone was acting up as it’s quite old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

It’s not a dream workaround, but if you keep your finger on the screen when scrolling through a thread, and jiggle it a bit every 10 seconds or so (well, under 15 seconds for me, but who has time for that kind of counting!) it does stop you getting zoomed back up the page.

What a time to be alive huh!

Interestingly, there was no bouncing while I wrote this post. Latest iOS using Chrome.

Ohhh. I think there was no bounce because I didn’t have a last read post.

Just tested it on a Dublin airport thread, which was also nice because it’s interesting

But now it’s bouncy mcbounceface trying to type this. Again, about every 15 seconds. It’s bringing me back to the original last read post when I accessed the thread.

Prob should type faster. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's just so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Boards are testing my patience this last 6 months. They’re not making it easy for users to want to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I thought I was the only one as I hadn’t seen this thread. It makes for a most unpleasant experience. The only time I don’t have it is if I read a new thread for the first time.

i really hope it’s possible to have it fixed soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This thread is a recent one. The issue itself was already reported sometime ago in the dedicated bugs thread. But even though this is in principle a redundant thread, I've left it open to further underscore the issues this is causing, and to let users vent a little over it, and to also avoid needless repetition of it being reported in the bugs thread. But the bugs thread is still the better place to check for such issues.

has anyone on boards staff bothered there arse to give us a reason why this is happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The site was unusable for me on the mobile, its the only place I use it.

I have an android phone, so was able to disable all ads on most websites in my settings.

Ive had no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Phone settings.

Settings > Network and Internet > Advanced > Private DNS. Choose the option Private DNS Provider Hostname, and enter “dns.adguard.com” then save.

Works for me, I can actually browse the site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Im done with this place. Going to log off and stay off.

Cant handle the bouncing anymore. Had to scroll down three time already just posting this.

How long does it take to fix this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

I've started using the Adblock browser on Android when visiting boards on my phone. I'm beyond caring about doing the right thing. The people who run boards don't give a toss about its users.

For me, as I mentioned above, the bouncing keeps happening when I have a previously read post on a page in a thread. Buuuuut, a better workaround than keeping your finger on the screen, is to go to a different page of the thread and then go back to the one you were reading.

Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

The fingering isn’t working any other solution?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I just switch to the desktop version of Boards on mobile safari. It’s not too dissimilar to the old touch site. The new mobile site is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

I have just deleted about 5 or 6 chatty, off topic posts. If you see your post count has fallen once or twice, now you know why!

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm wondering if using a different browser might make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

whats the craic with this?

The problem has been around for weeks, does anyone know why this is happening?

can it be fixed? i presume it cant be too hard to fix it?

You’d also think a simple site like old boards wouldn’t be easy to **** up but they mastered it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Seems to be an iOS thing. Have the jumping issue in my iPhone either Safari or Chrome but no issues on Android phone

We are all not in a position to own a iPhone and android phone.

There is a recession on the way you know.

Would anyone in boards like to comment? This service is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That’s nearly more annoying than the bouncing!

• Advertisement

Advertisement