Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian warship, go f**k yourself!

Options

Comments

russia. lies. all. the. time.

putrid bravely meeting his own bodyguards posing as injured soldiers in hospital, paranoia much vladi?

https://twitter.com/GlasnostGone/status/1529778219389444096?s=20&t=L_aJ7ho-gnTOPqWxlnIu1Q

Whether Burke said it or not it's true that “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Olaf Scholz.

https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1529372589382041605?s=20&t=rijYWimQJNAlCB2zRGJnGA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Can't see the EU staying together after this is all said and done, the Eastern European counties are now all in no doubt only for a nato backed America Russia would be let take back their borders to the USSR days and the Germans and French wouldn't lift a finger

If it get's rid of designations I wouldn't be against the end of the EU.

The US has correctly been described as the arsenal of democracy. The problem with a lot of other democracies is they are acting, thanks to the USA's gravitas, just like those other states (Ireland out front and centre) they accuse of being defense free riders. Without the US, the rest wouldn't have the stocks of defensive weapons to deter a russia or China.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The EU isn't in charge of security. That's what NATO is for. The EU can give guidance and guidelines, but each country is still sovereign and can go against it if they wish. The EU want more sanctions etc etc but the power of the veto is limiting it. Unless all countries agree to something, then no one agrees and it's each country free to make decisions for itself. The big boys who are doing diddly squat are interested in themselves and are very reluctant to do anything or agree to anything to harm themselves for a non member, albeit a neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I've seen this about David Goggins a while ago. And it struck me .

The eastern states of Europe have been to Hell and Back very recently.

Germany, France, Italy have been living in their fools paradise and cower with their Russian plants whispering in their ears. German military advisor even before the invasion this year was advising that going against Russia was pointless. Russia owns these countries. For all the talk of good v's evil, Macron v's Le Pen. Putin owns Macron.

Ireland is in a scary place now in the EU with the UK gone. We've some alike with the Netherlands but with Germany, France, Italy owned you'd be wondering what club this is anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Are Russia actually being stopped from doing anything? Inching forward to claim the territory in eastern Ukraine and have made **** of Ukraine so look like they are pretty much going to get what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yeah, their prize was obviously the whole of Ukraine, but at this stage they will take whatever territory they can, and at the moment they are up. So it's a "win" for Putin. It's likely many will die and the Russian economy will suffer, but I am sure Putin can handle that, he's the master of propaganda, in fact the powers the war have granted him have probably strengthened his position. As we've seen the average Russian is (rightly) too scared, too apathetic or too brainwashed to form coherent opposition to this.

You have to use what you have, Ukraine's strength is they've been mostly on the defense which causes great attrition to the attacking force. They also have land to trade for time, neither of this works in russia's favour. The Baltic states would be in a much more perilous state as they haven't the depth to trade.

russia was stopped from taking Kyiv, russia was stopped from taking Kharkiv, russia was stopped in the South. Their 3 day war is now into it's 90 something-th day. russia is now taking actively taking in people up to 50 years of age for their "special operation". russia is stopped from declaring war because then the russian population would expect a clear victory over Ukraine, which they can't achieve. russian missiles have been found out, less than 40% of those launched hit their targets. There's a long, long list all of which has been discussed in this thread of the things russia has been stopped doing.

Apparently chubby kadyrov now want's to invade Poland 🤣 I'd like to see that.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

If we take what's been posted on twitter as the truth they're the most incompetent army in history and all their equipment is shite or doesn't really work. Vs NATO intel, tactics and weapons with an army of varying levels of training but all of whom want to fight compared to Russian's with low morale who don't want to be there.

Yet they still can't stop Russia moving forward now since they reorganized themselves after the initial move towards Kiev.

Where's the great turning point going to come from for Ukraine? When Russia decides they've taken enough land?

• Advertisement

That's what having a mafia state get's you, corruption and promotion of incompetence.

russia is doing today what it should have done at the start of the war, focusing the weight of it's forces in one or two directions, instead of five or six random acts of violence. They are learning, but incredibly slowly. Quantity still has a quality all of it's own, russia always had superior numbers particularly in artillery, just not enough and without focus until recently, and **** logistics and planning.

3 months is not a long war, forget this sense of instant gratification, when, when, when. If a collapse is to come in either side it'll come. If not it's batter away at each other and the casualties will rise. russia has utterly failed thus far, they had Ukraine surrounded and made a balls of their war, as someone said it's lucky they're so stupid.

I feel the next big spanner in the works will be if russia can hold all the territory of Luhansk and Donetsk as well as keeping Ukrainian forces out of or away from Kherson they will offer a ceasefire. On no account should Ukraine accept this, they have the political momentum and need to keep it to keep Western supplies flowing into their armed forces. If the West would provide Ukraine with proper timely support, they will force russia out of Ukraine eventually.

In short, fcuk what russia wants.

Your more optimistic about their fighting power and military capabilities then their own rt Kremlin sponsored nightly talk show

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1529877619986006018

Remember, it's not a war, it's a special operation. He doesn't have war time powers, even in russia. It's what allows troops refuse to go, resign, without getting, officially at least, shot.

Seen a graph highlighting the kia stats for all the population centres and regions throughout Russia, and it was heavily comprised of the poorer Asian Russian regions and the likes of Dangestan, the likes of Moscow barely registered a handful of deaths per 100k of population, he hasn't the balls to fully mobilize as he knows to well how that went for the last Tsar that sent Russians of to war to be cannon fodder

Yeah, that's right, those regions are often dirt poor too so they don't have great options, plus they're not getting the truth of what's occurring on the battlefield either.

In other news, if Ukraine get's enough of these, they'll really ruin russia's special war. Modern Western artillery just presents so many good options for the Ukrainians, but again they need enough of them, plus ammo, plus fuel etc.

Iirc, Poland has indicated or actually ordered 500 HIMARS systems, chubby kadyrov might get himself in shape to invade Poland by the time they're delivered 😆 The TikTok videos will be short.

Only gives a very small bit of what was said but is it like the maker of stingers/javelins wanting the same sort of wartime laws to secure supply in America?

Seems like a more realistic view of what is happening on the Ukrainians side. Quite a bit different to their official propaganda...

Lazy generalisation. One of the largest militaries in the world is attacking a smaller military. The Russian military is losing equipment at the rate of 3 to 1, has been losing high-ranking officers at an incredible rate, has lost huge numbers of men, has severe logistics issues, still doesn't have air superiority - but it is still gaining ground in certain areas.

The above statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Russian and Ukrainian advances and losses are reported every day in the media and online. Posters who have a partisan loathing of "the West" are unable to see this conflict as anything but an opportunity to criticise their favourite target. It's why we see concern-trolling ghouls like Clare Daly paying lipservice to the people being blown to bits, then spending the rest of her speech ranting, as always, about "the West".

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

I think there is a big difference between winning territory and then trying to hold it. Russia has been very successful in the past 2 decades under Putin at land grabs as they have gone unchallenged by the west. This time he has over stepped the mark and unlike when he grabbed Crimea the last time, this time Ukraine has an armed force, Plus the west has not turned and looked the other way this time.

I think Russia aka Putin is in trouble as his resources are getting stretched. I can also see this going Nuclear as the Kremlin Rats begin to get cornered. A cornered rat is a very dangerous thing.

And I'll add that Ireland is in a very vulnerable position as a so called neutral state, Russia are cowardly an would not hit Nato, but they could very easily try a shot at the likes of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I remember watching a video online of Claire Daly and she opened her speech with something to the effect of "Hello fellow Comrades ". It was taken down since. I think it was the communist party of Ireland.

Have a look at this.

https://communistparty.ie/en/2021/07/statement-of-solidarity-with-clare-daly-and-mick-wallace-meps/

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

Also keep an eye on who is saying little or nothing.

Purely analytical facts and figures but for your average Russian with a lower level poor paying job food inflation that's occurred since the special operation began has to be stinging

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A Russian diplomat handed in his resignation to his UN consolate in Geneva over the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

He's been a diplomate for twenty years. But Boris Bondarev claims enough was enough and he couldn't work with the raping, killing, thieving, lying baxtards.

We don't know precise Ukrainian losses, likewise with Russia, but we have estimates. Likewise, we can use techniques (e.g. visual confirmation) to count how much equipment both sides are losing. Intelligence from various countries also gives us a good idea. There is strong international support for Ukraine, so there isn't much appetite for consume negative info, but it's still all out there

Why the inverted comma's around the word "acting" (president), what does that mean?

I see the Russia revenue streams being reported on constantly. I've posted several myself. March was very high for example. Keep in mind that Europe is also divesting itself of those resources, so while prices might be high, quantity is decreasing in many areas.

Economic effects from sanctions (as mentioned countless times) are likely to be increasingly felt by Russians over the medium term and long term.

As for Russian support for the war, sure, Putin is a master of propaganda and has a firm grip, little can be done about that.

It's not "all dandy", it's a war and a very critical situation. Zelensky was elected president, he's doing his best to try and save his country and people from annihilation, and from all accounts is doing a decent job of it, the Ukrainians overwhelmingly support him and he commands good international respect from almost every foreign leader. Do you have any actual tangible points to make or?

Comes across like Clare Daly style musings, and I'm addressing them, but not for your benefit

It's likely Russia could be in control of Donbas and it could be more, we can only hope it's not the case but we can't argue with reality. Germany will be off Russian coal by this summer (pretty much off it already), Russian oil should be by this Xmas (down from 35% to 12% on May 1st, so well on target). Gas is much tougher. To put it in perspective, BMW have just said that if there's a full gas embargo, production will stop. Hence Germany is reducing it in a phased process (if possible, Russia could turn around and cut it)

Putin's aim was to take all of Ukraine, Russian officers were booking tables at Kyiv restaurants, Yanukovych was wheeled out as one of the new potential puppets to lead the occupied country. Russia has now (been forced by failure and stiff Ukr resistance) to settle for whatever Ukrainian land they can take. World media is reporting on it, and any of this info is very easy to find and reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see can they mount a sustained attack, it will be a good indicator of the state of Russian forces weather our not they can stop them without having to pull units from the Donbas to shore up Kherson

Advertisement