Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

just as aside - off topic , but on topic if you know what I mean , how did people used to manage to watch Brookside in the 80's ? ... intrigued to find out if RTE broadcasted it or if people just pointed their TV aerials to Norn Ireland to get Channel 4 ?

But yes he was good in that. in the first episodes they didnt hit off with viewers because the scouse accent was very heavy and people could understand him /them but it ended up a great programme, never missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

I lived in London for most of the 80's and 90's so watched Brookside. It was brilliant.

oh right , of course I never tied that one into the equation 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Channel 4 was one of 6 channels you got on aerial. RTE1, RTE2, BBC1, BBC2, UTV and C4.

ah yes now I think of it I can recall moving over in 1991 and getting RTE1 and RTE2 on a VHF aerial and then getting the others from brougher mountains in Enniskillen with a 21 element high gain UHF aerial where I am .. then i think there was Chorus maybe a cable dish / microwave service

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The actress who plays Amy has improved in leaps and bounds, it's as if as her confidence has grown with age, she has let loose, even channelling TracyLuv on a number of occasions. She acts new head fake Summer off the screen - I wonder why the real Summer left. Fake head Summer and her personality transplant annoys me.

Aadi - bless - he's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yes Aadi is lovely, I'd like him to have a good story soon, not one that changes his personality, something that shows his kindness

Love the Amy/Steve scenes, she is more than able to wrap her dad around her little finger, and yet idolises him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The young actors in Coronation Street are fairly good now much prefer them to a lot of the ones in Emmerdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

In all fairness Abi had loads of time to hide the passports. She may as well have waved them in Imram’s face and shouted “look at what I’ve got here”. Toyah is so concerned about the environment that she won’t use disposable nappies but is content to drive around in a VW Touareg. There is no way Toyah’s character would be driving that.

• Advertisement

The intro confused me a little, I thought I missed an episode, but it was a view into the future, probably because the story has been leaked. Kinda not interested in the whole Alfie story now. He is a gorgeous baby though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubKildare

You'll find lots of Brookside episodes on Youtube. During Lockdown I started on episodes from, I think 1982 and worked my way up through the years 😀.

My daughter became completely hooked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

absolutly ridiculous the way he 'found' those fake documents. Abi had no problem hiding her drugs over the years. Why can't soap characters put these documents away somewhere out of sight.

First is was Kevin finding Alfie's birth cert, now the fake passwords. Scriptwriters need to do a bit better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭phormium

But in fairness she wasn't expecting it to be Imran at the door, sure she was practically ready to go, wasn't Kevin just gone to get the car or something or other and it was him she thought would be coming through the door so didn't check!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trust Toyah to make everything worse again.

are we to guess then how they crashed into a building with scaffolding then or will we get a flashback of moments before the crash?

Also Toya gets a taxi to the police station and he gets in his car to drive to the police station and yet in other episodes of Corrie we get to see that the weatherfield police station is in walking distance virtually around the corner of the street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So Imrans lies die with him at the Battersby's shriek Abbi and Kev into trouble.

Did he take the car without it being finished?

well , that 'part' that Kevin held up and smiled when he attempted to stop them starting the car was just a relay. More than likely a relay under the bonnet for the starter motor or fuel pump ... and would have nothing to do whatsoever with brakes

I don't think Kevin was to blame. Unless he replaced the start motor wrong and the car died resulting in the steering and brakes locking .

However I'd say the pair were fighting and they crashed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

But the policeman said that there were no skid marks on the road and it is assumed that no attempt was made to brake. I don't drive so I don't know, but are you not supposed to slow down coming to blind corner?

he didnt remove the starter motor - didnt even touch the starter motor. a remove of that relay in his hand would stop the car from starting up

if arguing and taking eyes off road for a second and not concentrating then realise the bend until too late .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RetroKing

He took it out! When Toyah and Leanne went to drive to their cousins the car wouldn't start because of this. Kevin came along and offered to fix it. He had put it back when Imran came along to the garage and took the car back.

he took the relay out of the under bonnet fuse box .... not the starter motor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is a shame they killed Imran, I do not want Abi to get the baby, she is a bad mother period, send Alfie to another family, even what about Imran's parents who were against gay Rana or a new family

good that they (the writers) made Imran 'nice' in the end and with a conscience .

I am getting vibes that Kelly might end up going out with your detective bloke that Imran took on??? - or not you reckon?

Craig was the only police officer on the scene and.... since when did Craig get elevated to Tony Stamp from The Bill as a driver?

I didn't realise they were going to kill off Imran.

I knew Imran was leaving.

It would have being great of some of scaffolding fell on Craig killing him also.

• Advertisement

Yep I knew he was leaving but didn't think they'd kill him off, I thought he'd just leave in a taxi as they all do. Cardiac arrest was a feeble death, be better if he was skulled by falling scaffolding!

Advertisement