Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

Watching rugby here and flicked over to see the score at half time.

Both games total non events as expected.

Looking forward to watching the competitive provincials tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh shut up Spat Spillane.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If only that Mescal lad had stuck to the football...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭munster87

What was the black card for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Your lads are moving the ball at a lovely pace. Mixing up their passing as well. They look good to me.

• Advertisement

Kildare do looked to have bulked up a little and seem to be physically strong.Fair play to them for sticking at it this half

That score there for the dubs 15th point looked wide on the replay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dubs have dropped the pace a mile. Game was done at half time.

Why is the ref blowing from an uncalled mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Con has been unmarkable all day long. Has destroyed everything kildare threw at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

RTE said for arguing a decision. Bizarre if you get a black for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The Munster final a total mismatch as expected. Not surprised by Dublin won so easy, they clearly had found their mojo again by the way their bet Wexford,Meath. Kildare are so poor defensively, conceded 2-15 v Westmeath and 2-20 v Mayo coming into this game, Dublin was ruthless and put the game to bed in the 1st quarter.

At least the two provincial finals tomorrow should be competitive contests between well matched teams.

In the B All Ireland, good home win for Leitrim against Antrim. Cavan ended what was a truly woeful year for Down. Sligo leading London by 2 points at half time and Longford v Fermanagh is level with 10 mins to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Denny61

As a sports lover.. football is tough to watch. I was watching the rugby .what excitement and tg the soccer on later...to watch or listen to the munster final and leinster final was torture.to Me and most people..football is dead ..tg for hurling..even the relagation and promotion matches between antrim kerry and carlow and offaly were 100 times betrr for excitement. No one will attend most of football matches from now on..only the real die hard fan .the death knell surely sounding for this tripe ..and not before time. Public will not spend hard earned money going to witness crap ...rip to football

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Well it all depends on what terminology he used while arguing the decision.

Abusive language is a black card offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Treble double

🤣🤣

Have a look at viewing figures for the respective All Ireland finals in the two codes and come back and tell me which the most popular code is among TV viewers

Firstly you can't compare today's football games with the rugby and soccer games as the latter are two big finals.

Anyone would have known that the first game today was always going to be a total mismatch, and even though people thought Kildare would offer more it was no surprise either that Dublin blitzed them.

Where were you with your "no one will watch football" stichk after both last year's semi finals?

Or after Derry v Tyrone, Derry v Monaghan, or even Mayo v Galway?

Football maybe reduced to three very consistent teams that are joined by some others from time to time, but it's still in very good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This is 3 rounds into the football and none of the top teams have met yet. You are comparing it to the finals of 2 tournaments.

The dead football championship will have more at the final than the rugby did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Sligo really lucky to beat London by two in extra time. Was near 20 points between the two in the league encounter.

No comparison..yes maybe more at the final. But that's about it. Only a few thousand at any game Only up to semi finals .doesn't come close to rugby match attendances all through....you probably stuck in rte two channels land...you need to get out more lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Leinster is a shambles, one county winning twelve in a row is disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

What type of rugby matches are you comparing the attendances to?

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

If you are here to try and argue that rugby attendance is bigger than GAA attendance then you are a hiding to nowhere.

The big rugby internationals and European cup games get big attendances, but once you go down the levely they get very small very quickly.

AIL games are one man and his dog territory.

Where as with GAA you have thousands attending all levels of local club games all over the country every weekend far removed from the high profile inter county championship scene

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

Cop on. I meant what level of rugby....you.....clown

Oh definitely far removed...shur only a few hundred if that.attend club matches... you look at all county matches...a few hundred at best when you leave out handful at the top...look at the last all ireland finals. How many counties have been involved in the finals in past 10 years...I think you can safely say .same usual suspects..about 5 ..out of 32 counties..so your only fooling yourself...get your facts right .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

And is it 17/18,a fuckin shambles is right.

Thing is, whatever about not winning Leinster, the other teams, woth massive populations, eg Meath, Kildare, and even smaller counties like Laois and Offaly, do little or nothing in the leagues or in the qualifiers. Being in Dublins shadow doesn't excuse that, I think every team bar one relegated in this years NFL was a Leinster team.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Is that so? Football in Leinster is finished. Permanently. I gave up watching years ago and going by today's attendance I'm not the only one.

Do the dubs with season tickets have to attend Leinster championship games or risk eligibility for AI final tickets? That's a form of torture. Me with my feet up today enjoying a BBQ at a friend's. Life outside the old big ball ain't so bad. Any dubs still torturing themselves I recommend trying it. The sport is a farce in Leinster anyway.

We're 2 years away from Dublin winning 19/20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

It is an excuse. Lads don't want to commit. And let's be honest if Meath, Kildare of or whoever we're at their absolute peak will usually lose to Dublin. Look at Meath ladies today. Our best team ever but still lost to the Dublin ladies who are not at their peak.

Looking at Meath v Dublin matches between 2005 and 2012 when things we're close. More often then not Dublin we're getting dodgy referee decisions which ultimately led to narrow Dublin wins. This at a time when the GAA we're proudly announcing how they needed Dublin to win. But at least we we're losing close exciting matches.

Then the unbalanced GAA funding kicked in and we we're all getting hammered every year. You can't expect other counties to give it everything in the current situation. Not after so many drubbings.

The only positive is club football in Kildare and Meath is becoming more popular as people get their enjoyment there instead.

The solution is simple. Reduce Dublin funding, increase other counties funding in Leinster tenfold. It would also be nice to play Dublin outside of Dublin on our home turf.

Bonus: the GAA to publicly proclaim they need other Leinster counties to beat Dublin just to remind the ref's what way to swing.

The hilarious thing though is that even if all of the above happened Dublin might still keep winning Leinster. This is what happens when you give a county as big as Dublin insane preferential treatment. You kill the spectacle.

IMO we need a division 2 Leinster championship which involves everyone except Dublin. Just give them the Delaney cup by default. Nobody will care like nobody cares already.

Advertisement