Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I'm gutted.

Had no internet this morning so no ticket for me.

Had accommodation booked Monday when it was announced he's coming. So peed off.

In desperate need for 2 tix so please keep me in mind anyone who might sell!! Not going to cancel accommodation yet as I still have a bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

You've twelve months to pick up a ticket, there'll be no problem picking one up. I've to sort out out Night 1, it'll work out, don't be worrying. The main thing is that you've got accomodation sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the RDS redevelopment cancelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I know but the price who ever is selling them will probably double

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Got 4 seated for the Friday with no issues using the ticketmaster app, logged in 8am and it put me at about 11,000 in queue, took 15 mins or so to get to purchase point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,222 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

What are the legitimate ways to find an extra ticket for the gig ?

Can people refund tickets back to ticketmaster to sell on.

Keep an eye on places like toutless and Facebook market places etc

The Bruce fan site 'Backstreets' is pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I know it's a good stand for Rugby etc but the Angelesa Stand is a wreck. The sooner its redeveloped the better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

The more I see on Twitter etc the more my lucky stars were shining. Got tickets for all three gigs, and I even used BOI with no app crashes! Now to buy nothing for the next 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ticketmaster really can create a frenzy cant they. I wonder how many people got tickets this morning that werent planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep. I'll be refunding two of mine so they'll likely pop up along with others refunded whenever ticketmaster upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Got one each for Sunday and Tuesday. Had a cold of scares when Ticketmaster said there were problems but got there. Accommodation will be the big problem.

The Arlington Hotel is €899 for 1 night for Sunday 7th May

Jesus christ

This day 6 years ago, great night it was. Jesus that que going into down St James Avenue was crazy

A friend just nabbed two standingfor Tuesday, about a minute ago, so still a few left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

I booked the Lansdowne for 3 nights, €549 free cancellation if I get somewhere else. Lansdowne is very handy for RDS anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Me!....I won't lie, the price is nuts but as someone else pointed out, this guy always delivers the goods, every single time. He's the only artist on earth (maybe even in heaven...or hell!) who could get me to a stadium gig.

I do think there's an interesting discussion to be had on how he sold out 3 big gigs in minutes at these prices when there's so much doom and gloom in the air regarding the economy/ cost of living etc...theres obviously still bobs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Well done to everyone who got tickets. It sounds like the Ticketmaster process was painful! Reading about the hike in hotel prices is sickening too! I'll be voting with my feet on this one. I am a huge Bruce fan, but the ticket prices and the RDS has turned me off. It's not a great venue.

They should be incredible gig(s) all the same! Pending the elements behave and the sound engineers know what they are doing! I hope there are a few first timers going too, very exciting going to see Bruce and the E Street for the first time!

Anyone who hasn't got a ticket yet, please don't panic and pay touts (including Ticketmaster) over the odds! More tickets will be released in time. On the week of the gig there will be plenty of tickets going around too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,222 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Croke Park sells out 2 All Irelands at 90e a pop and following a season of rugby will set you back a lot more than 130 so it's not really that big a conversation.

130 isn't that steep for a guy that doesn't come round every year and won't be round forever when compared to those events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

130 ain't bad, he does play for a few hours and has the e street band with him FFS ! Hopefully sound is good and the sun is out. Saw him one and only time in the RDS in 1993, which is 30 years before next year's concert. 😞 I'm old. Not going this time, but for those that are ... Enjoy !

Peter Aiken comments on Springsteen ticket prices:

I actually do not buy this, at all. We all known, prices have gone up, but it does not explain this:

Aikens have 5 Garth Brooks gigs later this year, as far as i recall, these were priced exactly the same as the previously cancelled gigs from 8 years ago.

Similarly, Aikens had multiple Ed Sheeran gigs in 2018 & in 2022, as far as i recall, these were also priced exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes its bull.

65k , thats less than 2 euro a ticket, its a tiny factor.

Aiken is price gouging and so is Bruce, tis hard to make a living as a farmer the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You've hit the nail on the head which is that everyone involved is responsible for the prices. So easy to blame the promoters but the artist is equally responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

38,000 capacity x 3 nights x e140 per ticket = €15,960,000

Just shy of 16 million, and with that revenue generated, the thing Peter Aiken could best single out as an extreme expense on the promoter to try justify exorbitant ticket prices is €65,000 for insurance!

Either way you boil the piss off of it, it comes down to greed. People here need to stop equating these crazy charges to Bruce and the E Street Band. Bruce is a treasure we are lucky to see live, we all know how good the band are and how they will put everything into their shows and play for around 3 hours. No more than they did on the Magic tour in 2008, with tickets at €81 a pop. I don't recall Ticketmaster fees back then been 10 to 15 euros per ticket either. But getting fleeced with tickets at 140 to 156 euros each is bonkers!

You would imagine hotels here would welcome the business and be pleased to be full due to the gig and Bruce's worldwide appeal bringing people to Dublin from overseas, but instead they decide to double and triple their prices to fleece people again. There is no justifying it that I can see. Just pure greed again!

To those of you going, I genuinely hope you have a great night, and Bruce and E Street play a blinder. But for me, it's time to draw the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

All this talk of 130 E a ticket, I paid 96E each for 2 stand tickets. Less than 30E per hour for what I know is going to be a great show, and probably my last chance to see Bruce and the E play an arena like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Where are the €96 tickets located ?

Got Grandstand Block L myself which was €156

Advertisement