Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

wtf,

comical

Clear deflection, so has to be off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ridiculous that it took so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

What a let off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Xander10

lucky

Need to get in and their heads back in the game for the second half.

Hopefully that was a wake up call to make their chances count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Been all Liverpool but longer it goes on without scoring the more you feel like they’ll end up getting mugged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thought that shold have been given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So far offside on that first cross I could have stuck the leg out, and I'm on fcuking Bolton Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

The front three need to get the finger out, no end product from loads of possession is asking for trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Lucky there we seem to have had a brainfart for last few minutes of 1st half,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Konate is prone to these clumsy, nervous, brainfarts. We got away with one there. Was keystone cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is **** stressful

It rolled to Konate, and all he had to do was step up and take control and clear it , but he kind of just let ball hit him and roll to Alisson, this is his young age playin a part in his decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He is 22 and that was on VVD for losing Benzema in the first place not Konate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Apart from the offside goal it's all Liverpool, playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had to be allowed, can't see any way that went against Real. We absolutely got away with it. Hopefully it sparks us back into life. We've been well on top but the final ball is killing us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

"Liverpool have had as many shots on target in the opening 38 minutes of this game (five) as in their previous two Champions League finals combined."

What a woeful stat. We really need to score these opportunities when they come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Salah having a shocker.

They have done their homework how to contain our attack, we have very little guile when teams get men behind the ball and keep their shape.

I'd be very worried they will pick us off when we try and go for it by committing bodies forward.

Well there odesn't seem to be an issue with Thaigo anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Bossed the half but lucky to not be a goal down. Longer this games goes on level the more this Madrid fellas will boss the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Both sides primarily second half teams - i’d say we’ve a manic 45 to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ropey end to a good forst half performance.

Reals defence has been superb, really on it and holding the front 3 well.

I thi k the 30 minute break actually effected the pitch, it's very slow. Normally those pitches are watered to within an inch of their lives, and with the delay and the concert there was well over an hour before KO after the last shot of the sprinklers. I expect it'll play better after the break, and our passing will improve.

Wouldn't be making any quick changes, Diaz will probably be the first to go for Jota unless there is an injury, but I wouldn't look past Bobby TBH, go back to the regular top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need a lot more from Salah....he keeps trying to recreate the goal he got against City and it's not happening.

Mane and Diaz not exactly on fire either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Every so often he seems to sh!t himself, that wasn't even his only one that half. A nervous brainfart by 22 yr old or a 32 yr old is the same thing.

Klopp will sort it at half time, he'll make them more innovative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can’t believe we got away with that goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I can’t understand why that goal was disallowed. A lucky break for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Salah hasn't had a great half..

I'd like him to try take Mendy on

If we can get a goal I'd like to see us sit and hit them on the break. They are giving us no space to operate in and around the box..

Christ my nerves, this can't be good for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Far the better team but blessed that goal didn’t count. Definitely Fabinho tackle put it through to Benzema.

Their goal was offside. Good decision.

We are watching different games then as he has been the best defender in the Liverpoool side in that half for me.

Madrid are crowding the box making the final pass difficult.

Our attackers are faster and should run in to the box full speed with the ball and draw contact

• Advertisement

Think we needed to score early. Anyone who watches Madrid this season will know they are much stronger in 2nd half of games.

Expect to see Camavinga for Kroos on around 60mins and a noticeable shift in tempo.

Followed by Rodrygo for either Casemiro or Modric with Valverde moved back into middle three.

This is going to be a very difficult half against a very street wise opponent.

Madrid will be very happy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Would like Bobby or Jota on after 10mins in 2nd half for Salah with mane going wide if Salah doesn't immediately improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I dunno how the goal wasn’t given as it came off a Liverpool player but will take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We are also much stronger in the second half. I hope Carlo Ancelotti is as unaware of that as so many people seem to be tonight, but that’s unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We've most of the ball, but we're not making it count. Front three need to be doing more, finding space, linking play up better.

• Advertisement

He has been excellent overall. I never said he wasn't, that was brilliant when he used his strength out the wing against Vinicius I think. All I said is he is sh!ts himself every so often. Twice in that half and it has happened before too.

Salah has been brutal, hook him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

We seem to be very slow and ponderous with the ball, especially in midfield.

The biggest brianfart didn't come from him though it came from VVD losing Benzema.

Not hugely optimistic of either Bobby or Jota making the desired impact needed.

Rather Keitas bursts through the middle sliding mane or Diaz through are our best bet.

Bobby will turn over too much possession, too rusty for a game like this.

Hard to know what we will do, I'd keep it tight and hope Madrid cough up a chance, pouring it on them leaves us vulnerable to the counter.

I think Benzema was off for the first pass, it really could be that simply . He looked off ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

0-0 with Liverpool to win on penalties.

Just like every other final this year.

Gerrard

'' Ben ......................Zema ''

😋

The ball was played forward off of the Madrid player just before Fab and Konate got a touch, he was offside the split second the Madrid player touched the ball forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I literally and actually can't believe that VAR didn't give that goal... hopefully it's a wake up call

• Advertisement
Advertisement