Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well that was a deflating end to the season. Should have scored when we were completely on top in the first half. Of course Courtois decided to have the game of his life tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

That has to be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

And he’ll get away without the usual hammering almost any other player would get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭murtyd17

That's a load of sack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Just one of those nights I'm afraid there keeper will never play aswell again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Madrid can kick the ball away and stop us taking our free kick and get rewarded with the final whistle?

Thats vintage Real Madrid.

A tough loss to take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How can you give a free kick, then have a Real player boot the ball the length of the pitch, and then while we go to get it blow the dam whistle.

WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ridiculous, gives a free kick. They boot the ball away, no card given and then he blows it up before allowing it be taken. Not exactly fair.

Not that it'd matter. We were woeful up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sad end but now to regroup and built for next year. Wonder who Kloop has lined up for Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Xander10

failed to score in 3 cup finals from play. A strange stat given the attacking options. Salah off the boil the last 6 weeks or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ah well. On to next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Last weekend and now this will be a tough tough break for this squad to recover from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Courtois won them that, them are the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RedCardKid

If you dont take your chances then you dont win games. Well done RM ..... time for us to have a good break, get some fresh blood in and regroup for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭This is it

What!? Diaz has been unbelievable since signing.

Anyway, poor from Liverpool. All well and good putting the pressure on throughout the match but poor finishing and a fantastic Courtois has cost them.

Real blushing with embarrassment when they beat Chelsea, and City, and again here. They are a charmed side .

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Where are all the liverpool fans going? We commented on chelsea fans leaving immediately after the cup final..

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Man the end of this season has been a massive kick in the balls. Suffering such disappointment in both big trophies.

I guess we can hold on to the fact that we got there but it doesn’t take the edge off much.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Not good enough lads, we are kinda toothless against good sides.

Sad thing is that's a poor Real Madrid team.

City were a tougher foe for Madrid than we were unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Needed to score in the first half when dominating, not scoring was asking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Courtois saved it. But Salah missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

So, so poor.........usual keeper man of the match aside, the lads can look in the mirror and question themselves big-time, I suspect.

So flat in that second half, unable to beat a man, slow and ponderous etc etc carrying more than a couple of passengers.

A second half performance very much of that worrying type that seeped into us in the second half of the season.

Ah well...well done Real

Something at that competition as after that was seriously off the boil. Was lucky to get joint top scorer in premership also

Instant reaction is that it doesn’t sting nearly as much as 2018. We’ve already won one of these under Klopp and nobody gifted anything to Madrid tonight (although Trent was poor for their goal).

We’ll be competing for this title again next season, I’m sure of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm not normally one to think about conspiracies as such but the whole shambles of f*cking with the Liverpool supporters whist letting the Madrid fans in no issues and then the ref to blow it up after a cynical foul that should've resulted in a yellow card.

Not a good game and we were fairly poor so all you can say is..... Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

The main thing for me is I always feel I can see things others can't see,” Alexander-Arnold told The Guardian

The irony of it. I knew that quote would come back to haunt him.

No complaints here. Didn't take our chances when presented and they are always clinical. 1 shot on target 1 goal, compared to Liverpool's 9 shots on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Few lads there need a long time off. Salah in particular. His general play has been awful for weeks now. But barring a superb stop from courtois he would have had the equaliser. You'd imagine they'll have to freshen up the front three a bit. Mane and Salah maybe moving on

He has been a good keeper for them when it mattered this season apart from first City/Chelsea game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Not scoring in 3 cup finals is not good and also a strange stat for a team with such attacking options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Supporters that made it into the ground get a massive thumbs up.

I thought he might have been hooked ahead of Diaz, but I suppose that was never gonna happen in a CL Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

One of those keeper has a world class performances against Liverpool but again like the other cup finals early possession and no end product.

It looks like they have completely run out of steam.

The midfield needs a massive upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

A disappointing end to the journey, but what a ride! 2 cups, Konate being a beast (lost his first game for us), the Greek winning the FA Cup, Diaz bursting on the scene. Klopp being Klopp and him re-signing...

Sad and bitter feeling to lose that one, but we'll regroup and go again next season. What a year though!

Lots of chances for us, but only on paper, we didn't miss any sitters, we never really had a clear cut chance, Salahs was the best, and that was difficult, but he got shot away with power only for it to be saved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Disappointing end to the season it just wasn't to be. They gave it their all and after that you can't ask for any more. Madrids shithousery has to be admired nobody does it better. Thought bobby was decent when he came on and Keita seemed to make us play a bit faster too. I am looking forward to next year already. A great season with a great team. Keep the heads up lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Far from a poor Real team. They did a job on us, to a tee. They were brilliant as a back 4 and keeper. The midfield 3 were disciplined and they took their chance when they got it and we got away with the first half one.

Onward to next season and hopefully a couple of new recruits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That wasn't great from us attacking wise. Some sloppy stuff, every pass under hit or over hit. Poor crosses and set pieces too.

Didn't like our subs either.

Blah, a tough end to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Great season just too many games especially when Afcon is taken into account. Mo wanted to play every game but needed to be rested more, didn't have the legs to beat players the way he does when rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not gonna lie that hurts a little, but Klopp re-signed and i've no doubt we'll have another couple of finals before he leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

No complaints from me TBH.

We played OK in the main, but they were ruthless and we weren't. Not much between the sides, we struggled to break them down really, something we've struggled to do against ancelloti coached teams (eg Napoli) in recent years. Created more chances, Cortois was good, most of his saves were routine enough really, but that one save from Mo was amazing, and I kinda knew at that stage it wasn't really gonna happen. We defended well in the main, but just kinda dozed for their goal, and a huge word for Ibra who was amazing tonight I thought.

Disappointed alright, but this team has given us a hell of a ride this season, it's a great time to follow this club, and they will rise again. No point worrying about transfers or contracts or stuff for a while, we all need a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

That's an awful kick in the balls. We were the better team overall but Courtois was brilliant.

Really need some fresh blood though for next season. We haven't really played that well since the Utd 4-0 beating, even though results would suggest otherwise.

When the chips are down we maybe need an actual No9 like Benzema.

If there’s one big thing that Klopp and his coaching staff need to work on this summer, it’s a plan for beating the top teams in England Europe. We’ve struggled in that area this season and it’s cost us the two biggest trophies.

That, and investment in a couple of quality players (nothing crazy) are required to be on the right end of these results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Load of old Piss. Not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Time for fresh blood / upgrades for this team. I'd be looking at Mane, Salah and Henderson's positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

If there was a conspiracy surely they would have given the var goal. Lets not go the blue moon route

Smirk on the ref, and all the winks and nods from everyone Real related, never seen such a thing before. Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Trent off with the runners up medal

Really annoys me that. Cop on lad

• Advertisement
Advertisement