Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't stand that cretin of a woman but I'm hoping that theory is wrong because it's just disgusting.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

She had absolutely no right to be there, none whatsoever.

Whether she brought cameras or not, she knew there would be cameras aplenty there. And she was certainly co-operating with the photographers, as her bodyguard was obviously unconcerned by how close they were to her. 🙄

To borrow a phrase I saw elsewhere in relation to her behaviour, it's next level disgusting. Is there any lower she can go than to make a horrific and senseless tragedy into a photo opportunity? 😡

Yea you're right, Hilda.

I can't understand why the "grey suits" at Buckingham haven't found a way to keep them away from the Jubilee.

Wonder what stories she will have from this time in the UK when she gives another explosive interview? Who will be mean to her? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

How did she get there? As mentioned already, must have been in a private jet, can't imagine she got on a public plane, train or even bus....😀

And equally interesting: where is she getting that plane from? Is she lending it for thousands of Dollars herself or which company or friend is lending it to her for such a disgusting stunt...? Let alone climate awareness she's the choosen one to lecture others about it but acting responsible is for the others, not for her.

I said it a few weeks before here already, can't remember what cringy stuff happened there again, that the Queen should ban them from attending the jubilee altogether. Everybody would understand at this stage.

Regarding this latest 'photo shoot', which was said multiple times can't get any more disgusting and lower, I think she must be completely delusional at this stage. Because: if all this low level behaviour would lead to something, but fmpov it's not! What can you make of this? Who wants to see it or is interested in a documentary or whatever should come out of it about this things she's doing?? Nobody. So she's embarrassing herself and digger the hole deeper and deeper instead of the supposed goal raking the money in. Incomprehensible person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

She did fly by private plane. Great for the environment!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

She'll probably have Ovid Scobie bitching that nobody came to the kids 1st birthday, you know, the one on the Jubilee weekend where everybody is fully booked and crazy busy and doesn't have the time. It's a win win for them whatever happens. If they get booed then they'll use it as ammunition to say everyone was always racist and against them. If they don't then they still have some content for Netflix.

and do you know from whom she got it? I actually can't imagine they own a private jet themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

I assume they rented it. They have a few avenues for billing the circa 25K cost, netflix production money if they gathered content during the trip, or Archewell money from donations if the blood clinic photos make it to the Archewell website. Ditto any other expenses incurred, photographers etc...

I think somebody lend it to her, be it a 'friend' or even that company with the big N at the beginning (although I doubt that) gave it for a special prize or a completely different company we don't know of. they exactly don't have the money flying around anymore you mentioned there...somebody posted an article here not long ago how little donation money Archewell made...was veeery little...

• Advertisement

If it turns out that this trip is part of their Netflix show, then I imagine Netflix would have paid for the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

But why would anyone think that it’s okay to fly to Texas just to get content for a Netflix show in the wake of a school shooting ?

I mean even by the most tone deaf modern celebrities flying to Texas just to get footage of yourself at a memorial is low.

maybe, but I doubt it and if, they would have done it untracable because if this comes out, it would leave such a bad reputation on them.

but then I actually thought we are speaking here all from our point of view and from the strong H&M 'european disliking party'😀 It would be interesting how the majority of the americans see this, whether they regard it also an absolute inapprobriate thing she's done.

And then, the majority probably don't give a sh* about this person..😂🤣

And if it was for Netflix content, they had 48 hours to come up with that plan and get down there which by any standard's would be pretty ruthless that anyone would be even thinking that way in the aftermath of that unspeakable tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

My guess would be NetJets? You can get fractional ownership for private jets or perhaps a favor from someone with that set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Netflix or not, she was there knowing she’d get well snapped/covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

The money spent on PR is wasted unless they are trying to finish her this was a very bad thing to do to capitalize on a community mourning the deaths of children, like i said she would attend an execution if it lifted her profile she has no social markers and seems to be devoid of real empathy. harry sure picked a bad one and he had the choice of the world......... he married a bad version of his mad mother.

haha..NetJets...by all names, what a coincidence..😂 that name of the charter jet company could lead to some misunderstandings...

She doesn't even have any links to the shooting.

What I mean is..if she had been Hispanic or from Texas then she could have justified her visit as being shoulder to shoulder with "her people". Like keeping a link for the parents, even though nothing could alleviate their pain, it might be some connection.

She's literally a nobody to those poor people.

She's not a politician so she can't claim she's there to highlight gun laws and pledge support to lobby for change

She's not royalty either, even though I doubt bereaved and traumatised parents from Texas need British royalty there.

She's essentially an ex Z list actress married to a member of a foreign royal family.

There was literally nothing to be gained by anyone only herself by going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, I saw Matthew McConaughey visted but it's his hometown and his mother was a teacher there. Also, his visit doesnt seem to be just a publicity stunt and there were no prearranged press photo ops. He's not just some randomer with no connection to the place and so he is not getting any **** about going there

• Advertisement

Not forgetting she once complained that no-one asked her if she was OK while on tour in a deprived area of South Africa. I reckon she does things she wants to do and worry about the consequences later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Where is "End of the road" when Megs needs him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

right here, and not a chance in hell does she need me at all quite frankly, and most people don't actually care about her and harry.

like i said before, it's just a small few individuals posting on this thread offended on behalf of a foreign institution who hasn't actually been slighted really, and people in the daily mail comments section who are outraged over her.

the world has moved on, they are both happy and will not be returning as working members of the rf, they will attend the jubbly and the queen will see her great grand children which is the most important thing, she no doubt would have saw them earlier but for covid.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Offended on behalf of a foreign institution

Who exactly is defending the British monarchy in this thread ? Nobody that I’ve seen. Go back and look EOTR. I and I’m sure many were in favour of them leaving because let’s be honest it’s a daft life to live. They then tried to have the best of both worlds despite saying they wanted to leave, and when they were told that wouldn’t fly they weren’t happy. Covid did throw a spanner in the works but do you honestly think that Oprah interview would’ve happened if they’d still have been supporting financially ? Because I don’t.

And there was the claims of racist claims which they couldn’t even agree on the basic facts of that. If they were that sure they should’ve named the person, and not left if hanging out there that over adult member of the royal family was a potential racist. Maybe it’s just me but if you’re making claims of racism(which is a very serious charge to make btw), them you need to bring the receipts.

There was the claims about Archie not getting a title because of skin colour which is complete rubbish. He’s the great grand son of the reigning monarch so he’s not entitled to one at birth.

There was the wedding in the days before their actual wedding and then they roped the Archbishop of Canterbury into that lie, when they should’ve known(well Harry should’ve) that the archbishop only answers to the queen and not to anyone other. And he rightly showed them up.

So again EOTR I am not defending the royal family because as I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, I don’t agree with monarchy but neither do I like dishonesty in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good lord, I'm in knots at their Mickey mouse remembrance day in LA, Harry with his medals and a professional photographer brought along. 🤣🤣🤣

That article is correct, they will look even more callous if there's footage of her visiting that school in their Netflix 'docuseries'. I suggest The Sussahians for a name.

come on, it's blatently obvious there are a couple of posters so outraged over her that it's very clear that they are offended on behalf of the firm, i didn't say you were one of them.

anyway, a lot of what was said in that interview was misinterpreted slightly, it's obvious what they meant in relation to the so-called wedding a few days before the official one, it was a practice session or a blessing that meant more to them then the actual thing, were probably told to ham things up a tad i would imagine but who knows and certainly i am not really that bothered either way.

if they had named the individual who was racist, lets be honest unless it was andrew i can guarantee there would have been people outraged that they dared to name the individual involved and bring shame upon the monarky or something.

damned if they named and damned when they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

As far as I am concerned, I have already said it and I will say it again: they offend only my intelligence with all their circus. I couldn't care less about RF.

They obviously don't offend yours as you are glad with it and keep buying it...

I’m not outraged nor offended on anyones behalf. I just call bullcrap when I see it and she’s full of it. Poor Harry doesn’t know what hit him. He’s in love. And love is blind.

• Advertisement

they don't as it's a case of zelebrity does zelebrity.

i buy what makes sense on the actual available proven evidence, or where not, what makes sense based on what is genuinely known about them.

Advertisement