Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Senator not guilty of assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Just look at the monk he allegedly robbed banks and was able to legitimise the money hes supposed to have robbed by paying CAB some tax.

They never did him for the bank robberies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

If it was just a mistake on tax return then its revenue not CAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I was commenting on how any strife associated with FG is ignored, while similar in other parties get their own threads

Maybe the same gusto for the women bullied out of FG that others got for instance? If he'd lost would you have started a thread on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

No expert, but I'm not sure about that.

Say someone goes "legit", they're making decent money without laundering. Bit naughty with tax returns (getting into conspiracy theories I am)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Strange post.

Feel free to start another thread on the alleged bullying you have mentioned if you feel so strongly about it.

The second point ‘if he’d lost’ is probably one for an alternate universe.

You keep drilling. Just trying to be polite.

It was raised in the government thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

" the women bullied out of FG"

Are you sure you are posting in the correct thread?

No idea what this post means. This thread is about this case and the defendant and plaintiff.

You have to remember what type of person you are dealing with. Example of one of these so called “republicans”, kills a Garda, put in jail. Has a political party give him a standing ovation while in jail for killing a Garda. Yes a standing ovation from a Irish political party

Political pressure applied and he is released early to be met by representatives of the political party as they rejoice. Guy goes on to stab his wife. Just an example, plenty more

No such thing as going “legit”, legit will mean they disappear and never are seen again. Bullet in back of head in some random beach that maybe 20-30 years later they might tell the family about

Please note these people are not republicans. They are just criminals who use the word Republican to try and legitimise the illegal activities

• Advertisement

I don't believe FG have engaged in such activities in recent years. That we know of.

@brokenangel I was talking more about my naivety of what happens in West Dublin as opposed to republicans (which I know nothing about). Scc isn't just for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Stay on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This is a glorious thread.

I was coming on here to state that I hoped that FG drop said Senator as it doesn’t appear to have been the most savoury incident.

Then I learn that the accuser in this case is a good republican CAB victim and I pause my thought because the political motive of the accusation becomes clear. The lesson here is not to engage with good republicans because they will twist what you say, twist what you do, and present a false narrative to the authorities. That wouldn’t be familiar to anyone posting here, would it?

However, the cream of the crop is this post. It now seems that if the DPP thinks that there is enough evidence to go to court, there must be something about the accusation. Presumably, if the case subsequently fails on a technicality, according to the good republican theory, the person must be guilty. Where does that leave the men accused of organising a kangaroo court to investigate MC’s abuse. According to Dempo1, there is no smoke without fire. Very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So it was all a SF conspiracy. 😅. I don't support SF but this all being a SF attempt to get at yer man is just beyond ludicrous. 1 The Senator was sleazing all over his wife 2 The Guards and DPP must have thought there was a good reason to prosecute.

Now theres now a "blame SF" angle on it all you're dropping your hope that FG dump him. 🙄

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

To be honest I think the Guards and DPP handling of this case should be investigated to determine exactly what went on here.

We haven’t seen the CCTV, but the plaintiff has no credibility as a witness.

What did the the CCTV show?

Who instigated the violence?

The fact he was found not guilty suggests it wasn’t the defendant.

This wouldn’t be the first time a dodgy case without any merit got to court.

For example the Sil Fox case from a few years ago, got to court, where CCTV showed that he didn’t touch the lady who accused, but the case got to court despite the CCTV.

The Gardai and DPP had access to the CCTV, why did the case progress to court?

I’m not saying this case was a SF conspiracy but it is a very strange case.

Post edited by sam t smith on

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Increasingly bizzare comments

Kangaroo Courts

Nice little Republicans

DPP, Gardai need to be investigated

Comparisons to the Sil Fox case

Focus on Plaintiff NOT the Actual Case.

Astonishing that some just don't get how the Justice system works. Gardai investigate, Gather Evidence, Present file to DPP with or without recommendation (As in Leo's little Matter), DPP asseses the file, reviews the evidence, Directs or otherwise a prosecution in the courts based on that assessment. Its not a local raffle and there's as many criminal cases not prosecuted as there is prosecuted, primarily based on lack of Evidence.

I care not a Jot about the Plaintiffs background or Dealings with Cab, I agree determing a platiffs honesty and integrity may be Justified but this was a Serious Assault Charge.

But as the Thread is Clearly about the Plaintiff and his Background and not actually about the case with some entirely focused of the Plaintiffs background there's really no point in engaging any futher.

But my word, talking about backgrounds, I knew nothing of the Defendants background or indeed his very controversial late Uncle and TD who's some extraordinary views would not align with Leo Varadkar in the slightest.

I'll say this, I'll never look at a Twix, the same way again. I'd be astonished if FG don't drop him like a bad habit, regardless of the Verdict in this case, which incidently I respect.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Breen is the name of the plaintiff.

You have gone out of your way to claim he was a ‘credible witness’ despite his CAB settlement among other things.

Why are you so insistent on him being a ‘credible witness’?

🤔

• Advertisement

@Dempo1 I am also still waiting for you to clarify your earlier claims of ‘violence against women’ in this case.

🧐

This is what you posted

Increasingly bizzare comments

Kangaroo Courts

Nice little Republicans

DPP, Gardai need to be investigated

Comparisons to the Sil Fox case

Focus on Plaintiff NOT the Actual Case.

Astonishing that some just don't get how the Justice system works. Gardai investigate, Gather Evidence, Present file to DPP with or without recommendation (As in Leo's little Matter), DPP asseses the file, reviews the evidence, Directs or otherwise a prosecution in the courts based on that assessment. Its not a local raffle and there's as many criminal cases not prosecuted as there is prosecuted, primarily based on lack of Evidence.

Then you don't even know the name of the plantiff? 😂

You are complaining about the discussion and the posters on this thread, yet haven't read enough to know the plantiff name. A person you tried to claim was a "Plaintiff credible", who is a criminal who has previously had huge settlements with CAB

"Get up the yard"

A, I see, deflection, I made no such claims, I was and did infact refer to the evidence presented in the case, perhaps you missed that.

The level of serious you actually attribute to this case speaks volumes, what was it you said, I hope the senator goes off and parties and doesn't get to carried away, Seriously 🙄

Disgraceful

But again, you've made an assertion about who I might be, clearly your avoiding explaining such an assertion.

Broken Angel, you'll know full well how seriously I take your comments generally, you also know why I will never, ever engage directly with you again, consider your last post ignored.

So before I depart this bewildering Thread, which appears to be more political than anything.

Interesting new RED C polls out today,

Fascinating albeit I know it will be a cause of indigestion for some, I do sympathise, honestly I do 😉

😂😂😂, it's all that's left for me to do,

But before I depart this Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

"Alleged incident" that has photographic evidence.

Welcome back. 🥱

The ‘alleged incident’ hasn’t been before a court, it remains an ‘alleged incident’.

Just wanted to help you navigate as you are clearly in denial, lovely Pic with Leo in fairness. Perhaps you've missed the Senators own admission of foolish behaviour, I'd actually describe it as more than foolish.

Bye Bye 😉

• Advertisement

Bye bye? I assume you will be back like all the other times you ‘left’.

🫠

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement