Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

It was indeed. Can't be having cars going up when you need it for overflow.

Two kids, 4 bags and a 7 month pregnant wife up the hill from T2 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

It appears Dublin Airport was at peak POX today. Dreading flying out next Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Ditto. Flying with our autistic seven year old. We’ve booked assistance but even the stories with assistance aren’t always great these days and flight is at 8am so they’ll have to be woken to get there 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭horse7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

5ish, tbh today was a freak day, two finals on which loads were going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

I came on here to ask if bus arriving from Belfast at 0705 was pushing it for an 0800 flight - think my question has been answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

In fairness, even three years ago in normal times, that would have been cutting it beyond fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

And yet thirty years ago it was OK. Such has been the degredation of service at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Another new record, just got through in 20 seconds. 😂 Everything closed now except a bar with the football on. Really hope I'm not sitting beside one of these as the drink is flying. 😐

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What's 30 years ago got to do with anything?

Unless your being sarcastic, in which case - haha, v funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭horse7

Are any of you going to the airport at 3am tomorrow, if you are could you let me know what the queue is like, put up photo if you can please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

As I said, the point is the ever declining service level from Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Relations flight Monday morning at 7.30 with Ryanair should I drop them for 3am or 4am? Is security open 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

5am , 2.5hrs before departure.

People arriving way too early for flights are contributing to the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Here since 5:30. Took 45mins to even get into the airport terminal. Check in took 5mins, but even with a young child (so fast tracked through the first section) it took 2hours and 45 more mins to get through security. Only made my flight because it’s delayed (it hasn’t even started boarding yet).

People skipping the queues left, right, and centre. Staff were a combination of utterly useless and/or rude. A lot of very angry and upset people around, and understandably so IMO.

in over 40 years of flying I’ve never seen anything like it in any airport in the world - even India was better than this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

My sister barely made her flight this morning, said it was beyond shambolic, way beyond the worst she'd expected. And they were fast tracked to some extent sure to being a family with kids.

That’s actually a good way to describe it - worse than I expected - and I was giving myself 3 hours and 50mins, so I expected it to be bad. If i hadn’t been fast-tracked I simply wouldn’t have made my flight - even with it being delayed.

Yet, there were a good number of people who just skipped the queues blatantly and security/staff were either too afraid to confront them on it (guess what type of people they were?), or simply don’t care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Going to Spain in early July.. 3 young kids. This sounds hellish. Traveling with kids is challenging enough at the best of times.

it was horrendous. Lots of very upset, stressed, tired, and hangry parents and children alike around.

That said, apparently the DAA have said this will be sorted by then and it shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes.

All of the shops are empty as people simply don’t have time to browse. I spoke to a young lady in Boots who told me “it’s like a scene from The Purge with all the people running by all the time”. She also said it’s never been quieter from a shopping perspective. It was actually a little surreal being the only ones in the shop whilst the airport as a whole was the busiest I’ve ever seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my sister said they were talking to the stewardess - the (ryanair) flight to manchester this morning had 197 booked on board, the gate closed 25 minutes later than planned, with 120 passengers on board. i don't know what the normal rate of no-shows is, but that's more than one third missing.

I've little to no faith in the DAA resolving this in the next 4 - 6 weeks.

And who is compensating these passengers? Or is everyone washing their hands of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So Security in T1 doesn't open until 4am? Thought I read somewhere it was open 24 hours. Is Ryanair fast track any quicker? I'm getting stressed for a family member flying out tomorrow morning at 7.30 thinking they should be queuing from at least 3am to have any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

This morning probably the worst I've seen to date. Operations at the airport on the brink of collapse.

A riot or stampede could well break out.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

This is the biggest cause of the queues.

People arriving far far too early

And if you think Dublin is bad, check Stansted or Schiphol

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I wonder how many people in the queue didn't have a flight until 4+ hours after they arrived, causing excessive number of people in the queue.

Proof of this is that since mid morning the queues have dropped to 30 minutes or less.

Too many people believe social media commentators than checking real information.

Post edited by macvin on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf when you hear of people queueing for 3-4 hours, you're not going to follow that 2 hour 30 minute guidance. You'd be an idiot to.

Also not everyone can time exactly when they're arriving as they'll be using public transport. If you've public transport options that mean you arrive at 2 hours before or 4 hours before, you're taking the latter.

Post edited by titan18 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I shudder at the thought of using Dublin Airport. God help anyone doing it over the Summer. Hellish is all I can say.

I also think we are far too complacent regarding proper complaints about this. But who do you address, the Minister, the DAA, the local TDs, Tourism organisations or what? No one seems to care much.

Anyway, I often wonder what would happen if the crowd just barged through security en masse and went to the gates? I could see it happening, if the Airport security took their time intervening in the brawl amongst the T's the other day, well it's a distinct possibility that the response would be slow to say the least, and you don't have to have any proof that you have been screened if you jump the barriers (figuratively). What would happen then....

Advertisement