Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Goldberg rumour is gaining traction now

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly I would get such a kick out of Goldberg making an appearance just to see the social media meltdown.

Be some turnaround if Vince pays off MJFs aew contract and he goes to wwe

Doubt it will happen but it would be epic

Why would Vince do that?

Why would Tony Khan accept that offer?

It would make more sense for Tony to follow Vince’s route and bury the talent and keep MJF off TV for the next two years and block him from working for any indies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It'd do a good bit to killing AEW if it actually happened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Goldberg is precisely the type of talent AEW should avoid like the plague, though I agree with Agent Coulson that the online meltdown if he showed up to face Wardlow would be glorious.

So...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Big Sexy Bill gonna murder Poundland Batista and the virgins who love AEW on twitter will cry but watch anyway.

It'd be glorious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've privatised the hype video for the MJF vs Wardlow match on Youtube now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah saw that and deleted the tweet for the match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You think they're going to falsely advertise a match they know isn't happening and leave themselves open to "No different from WWE" criticism.

No, because it's a work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

If he has no showed at the venue and it's not a work AEW really need to make an announcement on it soon before the show kicks off

except they seem to have pulled all advertising for the match this evening….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I mean if it was a work they'd already be opening themselves to the WWE comparison because assuming this was a story where he wanted out of his contract the story would be that AEW aren't leaving him out of his contract, something WWE always get stick for.

I don't think it's a work but could see them turning it into one. I just don't think there's much benefit to it being a work. MJF already had heat on his character and Wardlow was already massively over, now people just feel bad that he might not get his moment. I'm also not sure they would have taken people's money for a meet and greet if it wasn't going ahead as that could get messy. Are many people going to buy a PPV to see if match happens or not? Just seems like the only people who were going to buy it will buy it anyway.

Not to mention it draws more attention to AEW behind the scenes than benefitting the story anyway. If that was a going to be the story presumably it would be MJF versus AEW's management, which is who exactly? Tony? Is he going to take an on-screen role? He could wrestle the EVPs but to what end? He's defeated and has to stay trapped in AEW? I just don't get how it would benefit them.

Anthony finding out how to book things when everyone isn't a happy-go-lucky mudshow play-wrestlers on x10 their previous pay.

If MJF does kill Wardlow's moment and doesn't do the job that just won't go down well with his collegues in any company.

All reports in the media are that AEW are opening to discussing a new contract with MJF yet he will not engage with them.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the creative direction of the MJF character it seems to be all down to money if that is the case it is nothing like the WWE disputes where the talent have issues with how they are being used creativtly as they are all well paid within the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MJF already had heat on his character and Wardlow was already massively over, now people just feel bad that he might not get his moment.

Wardlow will get a bigger pop than ever after a dozen powerbombs on him tonight.

Of all the matches on the card, this was the one that absolutely did not need this sort of drama to generate a pop 😂

I really don't think it's a work. If it is, they're idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm making a presumption that this isn't a work and MJF is not wrestling tonight otherwise AEW have lost credibility for me if there is silence from them and he suddenly walks out and wrestles Wardlow

What would you do with Wardlow tonight? He has to wrestle. Do you have him just destroy the Chairman or do you go all out with him and insert him into the main event and even give the title? Goldberg would be dumb and I don't see any other matchup on the roster that would really get him over tonight

• Advertisement

Id think if MJF refuses to fight tonight, do a Gillberg situation and have an imposter get smashed (or just smash Spears). Then have Wardlow interrupt after the TNT match and powerbomb the hell out of Sammy or Lambert.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah vince is many things but even he’d know to disco stu from this mess. I kind of stunned at what’s happened. I think MJF has taken leave of his senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's not a work.

It's really stupid by MJF, he's playing a game and will turn up at the last minute, just to make a point

He has 2 years left on his contract and TK can just send him home for 2 years, it's all so stupid.

The Bullet Club are in Vegas so I am guessing the lead in to Forbidden Door starts tonight as well.

Maybe Tony's in on it and will be running around in the back like a hyper child thinking how innovated he is for pulling this stunt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Saw a comment of this on reddit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I agree if MJF doesn't turn up tonight then it would be very hard for WWE to pick him up surely as he could easily do this to them in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

WWE mighn't care too much once it means he's not drawing for their competition, plus they can always lowball him later once he's burned his AEW bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know he has cloudied the space between kayfabe and work but how has MJF been seen before now?

I've heard little to no reports about how he conducts himself backstage. No doubt he has been touted as the next big thing for so so long but has his ever suffered from an over inflated ego for real?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree.

it’s a shoot that will turn into a work to save face. It’s a game of chicken between MJF and Tony, and one will blink first. And then they’ll try and shift into a story for the time being.

Advertisement