Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Gaelic football is an awful spectacle. Keep possession has ruined it for years. So much more enjoyable 1990-2005 when teams only thought of going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ya can see Donegal winning this one Derry not putting enough distance in it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's the first time Donegal have been in the lead. Commentators didn't pick up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

People like yourself complained all during that time that the handpassing, hard running game started by down in 1991 was apparently the death of gaelic football.

The possession game you complain about now is just another evolution, no need to get your knickers in a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yeah all this thing of "not in our culture" is shite, they say nothing when subs come in and start shouldering and pulling the opposition. "X and Y are getting to know each other already"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Eamon Ryan must be loving this with the amount of recycling of the ball going on

2 bang average teams

Donegal very ponderous in the middle of the field there's no goalposts there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Referee is quite fussy and by the book, especially for an Ulster final.

he’s consistent though, same for both teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

I never complained then. And this is shite between the scores. The kids go out and play in the garden, won't watch it.

Evolution isn't all its cracked up to be. At least when we were monkeys we didn't destroy the planet or have the threat of destroying ourselves with nuclear war.

It's a slow meandering poor spectacle.

Derry just a hype machine if they can't do the business here

• Advertisement

Its just anti ulster, partionist, rte crap. They're always trying to denigrate ulster gaa. Hence their treatment of mickey harte following his daughters murder. Cantwell opened her half time speil by sayings "its not much of a spectacle".

Joanne no such issue with the one sided crap that was the munster and leinster finals of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Entertaining stuff now, Derry hanging well in there

Donegal spend more time going backwards than they do forwards

I'm seeing Donegal goals in my crystal ball here

Donegal going full basketball mode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

Kindly get back to match stuff rather than the personal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭Big Ears

In the main competitive games between teams in Gaelic football are very entertaining to watch.

Donegal games can often be an exception to that, they do have a very negative side.

In their defence, they are one of the top teams in the country and that style is effective, just not overly pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Donegal are an awlful team to watch ,imagine paying in to watch this rubbish

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Marty keeping an eye on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

This ref is an absolute joke, that was a throw ball. And after incorrectly giving a pick off the ground a minute before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

i was just about to say Marty calling Ulster final brutal and poor…

McStay wants rule changes with all the hand passing.

I have to wonder what they were expecting.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maam Cross

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

In spite of how afraid both sides seem to be going forward, it is a fairly high scoring match.

Very meh game overall

Derry disappointing today and Donegal a boring team

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Meath ladies play similar even more defensive. But they get praised to the hilt. Personally I think a team should vary their style and not just have - plan A and no plan B.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Simple bloody idea....stop allowing passing back to the goalkeeper after the kick out.

The whole numbers thing is ridiculous when the pitch is so big.

Jaysus did either team want to win that game at all or just not want to lose it

Very conservative management there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭dobman88

Wish BBC got more games. Their coverage of Ulster is unrivalled. The host asks a question and let's the 3 boys have at it. When I watch a game on RTE, I use the half time break to make a cuppa or browse online but find myself watching the BBC half time with interest.

Thats fine you dont have to watch it. I find elements of these games intriguing. You dont. The abuse relating to this game is coming from marty morrissey, mcstay and that tool o'rourke. They're throwing out phrases such as "brutal". Such shrill, knee jerk nonsense.

These are amateur athletes, they need to take they abuse down a notch imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

An even tight game. Both teams set up very similarly and cancelling each other out.

I'm enjoying it anyway, it's keeping my attention. Donegal have dictated the second half, but have left Derry in it.

Some advice, turn over to BBC, they have excellent coverage

Advertisement