Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

good luck to you and yer garden an all j@u 😀

no good today - will have to take 2moro punting 'under advisement' 🤣

bye 4 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

2:29 Catt - Desert Team 10/3 was beaten lto when evens favorite but we forgive her that, her previous races produced many winners, jockey is taking 5lbs off, chances. Favorite Vadamiah is on the hat trick bid and facing faster ground for the first time, that might be enough to throw her off.

I also fancy Fairmac 10/3 in 5:30 Chester but missed the good price, so not decided yet to back or not to back.

WD j@u 😊 stellar assessment and great price ya got 🙂

4.14 Catt

RED FORCE ONE 7/2 win

YASMIN FROM YORK 9/4 win

combi f/cast with 2 above + OH SO CHIC

Gl

• Advertisement

Chester ABANDONED

YET ANOTHER ONE!! Horses slipping up on account of the greasy grass (Humanitarian in the last - the 3.45) - musta been showers there,, think the clerks would sort this typa thing oot 😍

4.49 Catt Grant Me Serenity - place lay @ ~ 8/11;,, not so sure about 7fs on good to firm for d'ter of Charming Thought

5.50 FFos Las

Interesting race,, have did a few e/w here in hope; think the 4/6 jolly Leading Theatre is vulnerable here - lay bet recommended,, 2nd run over hurdles,, came 2nd lto at Worcester on good to soft in 4hrse race,, made a few blunders there also - I suspect she'll need further over hurdles as well, but no much scientificness there 😋

MONTAQEM 50/1 , OLLY'S FOLLY 11/2 & NIBRAS GOLD 7/2 e/w here for me

☺️

TA with meself - just posted in t'other place,, i'll no do that again 😄

Thanks leffee! No bet on Fairmac in the end because chester was called off; but now I see that there's no flat racing tomorrow, so I should've had better go at todays' meetings...

• Advertisement

ur welcome j@utisee 😃 credit where it does be due and it was well due to you there j@u 😁

Aye, you could've persevererated with t'flat; but that might've interfered with your 100% success rate j@u 😂

Sunday 29th May 2022

For those of us with nowt better to do of a Sunday, or who don't have a daycent graden to sunbathe in; this poster decided to have a look at 2moro's fare,, as no 2 alluded to upthread there be no flat akshun tomorrow,,

Will start (maybe I'll finish with it an all 😋) with one of t'earlier races..

1.55 Punchestown BEYOND AMBITIOUS 10/11 books' win price - lay/place lay here,,,

This 5yr old daughter of Kalanisi was very good in most of her 4 bumper runs, which included one win and another race saw her come 2nd in a Grade 3 Mares' bumper,, the latter was over ~ C&D (70yds further in that bumper race) last month, but it was a flat race,, Will be her first time in a hurdles race, and most these bumper winners seem (not an exact science tbf) to want further when jumping the smaller obstacles.

She has 18 opponents, and of those with form, it don't look up to much. Still, horses can and do improve. Another reason to be cheerful is Gordon having three (2 unraced) in it. Willie has none, but Mrs Harrington has one, Gavin another, and the Faheys have a few between them - other trainers are also represented.

I doubt (little form to go on, and the market will paint a better picture) this horse will get any shorter, so now's the time!! About 7/4 needs to be offered to lay for the win atm with t'machines, and that's a bit big for me,,

have offered up ~ 5/4 for win lay & ~ 1/3 for plce lay.

Probably the best horse that D (David?) Harvey has and p'raps he'd like to mind her. Also the fact that an amateur (also a Harvey) is on top, does lend itself, for those of us who want to be against her, to being hopeful to t'end that this hotpot could well be overturned/come nowhere

GL all 😊

Monday 30th May 2022

GAA Football on telly today, so have forgotten about most of the day's action and had a think about tomorrow's fare. The second at Lingfield looks interesting, so will make a start there. Might look at a few more - much later 😁

Lingfield - Going: Good to Firm - Good in Plcs

best I can tell, all races seem to be on t'turf here

1 Elsaab (6) A poor enough race overall when this one is the provisional 3rd favourite,, then again, she is 10s (w/365) and it looks a one-horse race if the jolly is good enough. 1m 2f is the distance and this filly is stepping up markedly, imo, in trip,, has been campaigned on turf as well as the AW, and a mile is the furthest she's went. I can't make a case for her - won't say it's 'impossible' to do so, but on form and breeding, it looks like she won't even go close. Is topweight in h'cap and that's a straw I often grasp, but have enough picks here to leave out Sean Woods' grey.

2 Simply Sondheim (2) 4/5 early jolly and looks the one to beat,, was 6/4 on the early/'probable sp' and that looked v reasonable. He won over 9 and a bit furlongs lto at Hamilton on good ground. That should see him go very close, but he's very short and i'd rather look elsewhere. Am glad he's barely evens (and hope he stays that price haha 😂) as i won't be tempted to back him at all. I don't much like shorties me, and especially not underpriced ones - even if W Buick is on top 😃 has a ride in all seven races, so it's no exactly as if William is a 'one trick jockey' tomorrow neither.

3 Bascinet (3) Another one stepping up in trip, but I don't see it helping. First time blinkers applied for the son of Helmet. Is 20s with the one or two that have this priced up. Not for me.

4 Codswallop (7) Trained by Adam West; this 50/1 rag can only be given a watching brief.

5 Voodoo Ray (10) 16s is the current price on offer here for the first of Gary Moore's participants in racecard order. Second run in a handicap. Can't be ruled out, but on form I can't make a case for Anna Gibson's mount.

6 Vaxholm (9) 14/1 shot 365, 11s with 22(?)BET [can't make the name out] has an each way squeak on account of him being a winner at the course and the distance, but that was on the AW Polytrack. A poor run lto at Wolves over 2furlongs further, but, park that one, and ye might have this lad at about an eight or nine to one shot.

7 Aurelia Gold (11) The 7/1 second fav. The more I look, the more I like; her staying on 6th over a mile at Bath lto gives cause for optimism. Does look a slightly dubious stayer however, and not so sure about the 'wide' draw. Give her about a 55% chance of getting placed here. Can't see her win, so won't even guess at a percentage on that 😋

8 Mr Rumbalicious (8) 16/1 shot with Bet365, 12/1 with the unintelligible (going by the avatar/whatever it is) 22BET one. Not seeing it on form, and I can't see a 'Kodiac' winning a same age h'cap over 10 furlongs - discount. 2nd run in h'cap + 2nd run after absence + 1st time hood might offer encouragement on a different day; but not this horse, and not this day.

9 Kharshuf (5) 20/1 shot. broke slowly lto at Bath over the same trip and weren't beat a million miles. In spite of that I'm no convinced. One for another day?

10 Klip Klopp (1) 14s with 365. The second of Gary Moore's here,, I remember this fella being of interest prior to his lto run. That was at Wolves and he ran okay enough,, he came 5th then over the extended mile. Was staying on at the end,, potentially a doubtful stayer, but will do me each way here.

11 Cavendish (4) 11s with 365. Was an uneasy favourite lto at Beverley,, that was over 10fs and he didn't seem to stay,, trained by MJ so can't be completely discounted.. maybe try make all? anyhoo, the son of Iffraaj will be seeing none o my coin.

A lot of 'doubtful stayers' granted in this; and some of them I'm reasonably favourable towards, but they are only 3yr olds and haven't a lot of 10f runs between them,, No matter how this race pans out, one of these has to win and two will come placed :)

recommendations: VAXHOLM e/w , AURELIA GOLD to place , KLIP KLOPP each way,,

If the favourite wins, well he wins; if his last race was over 10fs (just a smidge over 9 it was) I'd say he'd deffo be worth a bet at 5/4 or bigger.. the step up in trip may see him in an even better light, but unless he gets to 7/4 or bigger, then Simply Sondheim will be considered a too short priced doubtful stayer by moi🤣

that's all for now - got the favourite beat out the 3 (was watching on a small screen and thought she'd finished 2nd in 'live viewing' 😃 - were appy enough when me checked results) places at 1.55 P'town, so ntb there,,

good luck all ☺️

Asking the experts, what distance is this one bred for?

Monday 30th May -

5.15 Redcar

pagejumper here

DIRCHILL 40s ew

name 'jumped off page' - further investigation and I saw name Danielle Mooney - used to be an apprentice way back, about 5/6 yrs ago I think,, haven't heard about her in long while,,, maybe she's an amateur now? that's the thinking anyway; though it could be that she's had quite a few rides this last while, but I don't recall seeing her name in racecard in a long while. I'm thinking that connections are thinking "let's get the girl Danielle a winner here.... [on her comeback ride 😂] in this amateur race"

could well be shoddy 'logic' anyhow,, still, the horse was out of form a long time; but he has a win and a second to his name, from his 3rd and 4th last runs, which were on the AW at Wolves and Southwell.

Have a 'long shortlist' but will wait til tomorrow to see how many of them I will do.. depends on price and ground (good to firm now, but rain I think is forecast) and some would perhaps like good to soft eg Mansfield, Power Point,, none of the rest (apart from pick above) I feel are worth a bet atm,, wait and see what ground's like before considering the two mentioned in this para

the rest/all of the 'contenders' not did yet : Absolute Dream/So Grateful/Khulu/Power Point/Mansfield/Excessable,, price/ground could yet see most these ruled out, but none appeal at tvm 😎

alright j@u 😊 u turning into a brackets one of them 'knowledgeable' folk close brackets 😂

"what distance.. ?" indeed! 😄

At a guess, purely a guessing game this craic is to me, tho I like to pretend I know,, 😂

probably 6/7fs be fine - on the soft side of good perhaps also?

7f trip at Redcar should be okay; good to firm going is a '?' imo ,, might rain yet/possibly will ,, looking at one or two results of 7furlongs races there, looks like lower numbers are preferred there

hashtagnotanexpertbutwhaddyaexpectroundherewithabunchodegensbestpolicyismakeupurownmind 😁

18/1 looks okayish regardless of draw and ground ?'s , and at 5plcs a fifth, ur Lucky Lucky Lucky be worth an e/w go,,

i presume you've 'ran your rule' j@u o'er the rest of the field 😁

i shall back Nigel Tinkler's horse each way and hold you responsible if he puts in poor showing 😆

props for spotting it in fairness,, convinced meself to follow ya(?) in :D

time for some snap 😊

5.15 Redcar

Polam Lane is 3/1 jolly here in t'amateur. Is only 4, with just the 10 runs, and can boast a C&D victory among his 2 wins. Have no looked at any videos, but it looks (well, if I think it looks then it is usually so, on a/c of me knowing me onions 😆 ) as though this is a beast what needs strong urgings at some stage during a race aye,, and ah cannae see the young 5lb claiming amateur Alice Keighley (for sure she has other virtues, but, being strong in the saddle, is, in this poster's opinion, no really one of em, based on the 'law ay the cluver money' 😃 - i tries to tell it like it is every now and then 😁)

I can see this horse begin tae flag somewhere aroond the latter third o this six furlong sprunt, and hopefully funish wail oot the places man. But that's just mah opinion like...

Anyhoo, me has put up place lay for the three and the foe-ah places at ehboot 11/10 for both, going a few ticks shorter for the four places - ahm no dumb, ya kin? Also the horse likes good to firm because that's what conditions were described as for both his ones. If a bitta rain (assuming it precipitates o'er there, and well it might) gets inta groond, then job's a bad'un ya might think; that is if ye're a supporter of the David A Jones And Partner owned bay heear.

Granted, the general populous aint that thick, and, like as no, this beast could well be opening at ahroond 5 tae 1 or 11 tae tee circa 9 o'c this AM... and, should that happen, then nae the mar will me ~ 11/10 be of any appeal tee the punter like, so wull hope ah gets ah hut on me unmatched before common sense grups a no unsugnuffikant part o da punting masses,,,,

it's the slings and arrows and that kind ay crap,, but it's the comedy in the lighter moments that makes it easier to take the slings, but p'raps no de arrows and that like

Finis 💤

^^^^

gee leff, you sure is leaving 'yoself' open 'tae ruddikewell' 😂 if that beast goes on to win, with ya coming out with that kind of post 😮 ,,, especially from those what don't read t'forum, and, if they did, they would rarely post an opinyun themsaylves

Aye l, you're no rowwng there, but i've mentioned artform/artistry a few times before; and me, being one o em (granted at a low/overall losing level) artists, ahm no afraid tae put meself on t'pressihpuss for me art's sake,, i'll gate aroond to discussing the art and artustry side ay puntin at sum stage,, although, saying all that, it's easier to be a punting artist than to talk aboot it, if ya feel or kun me 🙂

• Advertisement

Thanks, I haven't backed anything yet, just noticed the increase in trip and slight drop in class, it's a big card to go through, I'm not sure if I'm bothered.

2:55 Lingers - Lacota Sioux 16/5 - hot maiden it is, betting on Lacota putting her experience to use;

6:30 Ayr - Golden Vintage 6/1 e/w to go close on her hdc debut; I backed fav CATHAYENSIS when winning apprentice race lto, will she be able to follow up or not, dunno.

Here we go again! What's going on? I can't remember that many abandoned races years back when I was into racing (over 7 years ago now).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

slipping on the bend

only racing on the straight

Thought as much...

2:55L LAKOTA SIOUX did her flashing tail trick again and the rest of the field was too afraid to get near her, bombs in 6 lengths ahead.

intae 13 ta tee nigh j@u 😋 from 18s!!! I should be so lucky LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY - Gwan ya gud thing ! 😂

4:05R LuckyLuckyLucky backed into single digits, I'm still not convinced, no bet for me. My notebook also indicates that Kodebreaker is on his second run after wind op, which gives kinda magical powers to win 🤣 and also I see another good handful with chances, so I'll be watchin only this time.

😂 They Grey Wolf is another one to fancy. Still no bet.

What did I say 🤣 ah fek it, you can't have them all.

• Advertisement

Ya give him a good shoutout that Kodebreaker j@u - that counts for a lot round these here parts 😃 it's a cruel blow no backing them 😐️

No joy with LLL - come 8th he did,, not bad from a poor (high) draw - will keep 'watchful eye' on this fellah's entries 'going forward' 😆 if me 'members him 🤣

Absolute Dream/So Grateful/Khulu/Power Point/Mansfield/Excessable,,

Done the 2nd two e/w, first two win , left out Khulu and Excessable - also did Point Of Woods win, as well as Dirchill already done e/w

Studied that one like a mofo #fuming/geturshíttogetherclerksofthecourses/whaddafukkelseyegottobedoing 😒

Got me 'four places lay offer' ~ 11/10 tekken on Polam Lane,, no one was fool enough to take the similar price on the 'three place lay offer' - ~ 15/8 needed offering up now to get a match there...

$ "roam if you want to, roam around the world" $ 😊

Advertisement