Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Hoping to hear something today on it. When I ordered the car back in January and put down a deposit, the dealer did say rhe price was subject to change.

Just got the call from the dealer. They can't supply the GT model. They can only supply Earth models and even at that they are very limited. They did also say there might be a price increase but that's still to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

How can the dealer increase the price if you have out down a deposit on the car? Is there not a solid commitment from the vendor to honour the price on the contract/sales sheet that was given to you?

Guess not, he can't supply the car I ordered either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Spoke to the dealer yesterday about my earth model order.

Paid a deposit in 2nd week of April this year. Dealer only took deposit from me once I clarified that I knew it could be many months before delivery.

He's getting 4 ev6s delivered in July. 3 are sold and one will be demo model.

He was informed that there should be 4 more allocated to each Kia dealership in Ireland in September/October and that mine would be one of those. "But no guarantees on the time lines".

In my own mind I'd be chuffed to get it before Christmas. He's convinced I'll have it by then, so time will tell.

• Advertisement

@kuang1 did he say if all july ev6's he was getting were earth models?

I don't know that unfortunately.

I did ask him if my choice of colour would make it any more or less likely (I'm hoping for red) that I'd get sorted, and he said no.

And he added "so long as it's an earth model, you should be ok"

But that was in regard to cars arriving from September onwards, not the July ones on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Did he mention anything about a price increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Placed an order in Janurary for the GT line yacht blue. There are 12 coming in to the country in July apparantly and i am down on the list for one :).

Dealer did mention a 3% price hike though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am out of touch with the pricing, but will an increase push it above the €60K? Thought the GT line was just scraping in at about 55K after grant, but a 3% increase would add about 6.5K to that.

Can i ask when in January you placed the order? mine was the 12th, GT line in red. 3% price rise are you willing to pay that? and if you dont do you lose your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Sounds promising for those of us who have orders in place early this year for something before Christmas.

Would these shipments be coming in the usual route on Eukor? Many shipments to the UK from reading on the UK forums, but none scheduled for Ireland yet. My understanding is it would be 6-8weeks on the sea before a ship gets to us so I would have expected some schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Got a call off the dealer yesterday and it was a change from the call the previous day. The car GT line I ordered in January will be delivered by the end of July seemingly.

Not sure how they will work it out with a price increase though. It would put it over the 60k which would mean it's not entitled to the 5k grant

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

Is anyone else having an issue logging into Kia Connect? I have had the problem for the last couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

NCAP test has finally been done on EV6 and it got 5 stars

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/kia/ev6/45871

The emergency braking tests are quite reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi, can I ask whats the latest regarding software upgrades? Thinking of doing it today but noticed people saying updates where pulled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Dumb follow up question, where exactly is the interior socket? Is it under the passenger seat or something?

I can't seem to find any interior reviews that show it's location

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

If you had a passenger sitting in the middle of the back seat, the 3 pin plug would be at their ankles.

If ya get me!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

New software and map updates are just out.

We’re you able to download a new version? I just tried and got the Feb update again, then uninstalled & reinstalled the updater and still getting Feb update (same version I have installed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Very same thing is happening for me, the updater shows "May 2022 Navigation Map and Software Update" but I'm just getting the February update when I download. On to customer support now.

Update: EV6 software update won't be available for another 24-48 hours apparently.

Post edited by v10 on

Well finally got confirmation today, ordered Jan (GT Line) and wont be getting one until "hopefully" Q1 2023. Disappointing, but cest la vie. Price increases for both spec lines are incoming, and also unknow if the GT Line spec will stay for 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

they have taken the GT-line down off the website and just put the earth model up with a 2K price increase

The cynical side of me says they are increasing the price so they can charge more for new Niro. With EV6 now €52k I expect Niro electric will now be at least €45k and still leaves a reasonable gap in purchase price between both cars.

They must have removed GT Line as it would no longer qualify for grant with a €2k increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Wow, that's shocking

When I spoke to the KIA dealer last he did mention that there would be no more GT lines sold into Ireland. I think the price increase would put it over the 60k mark and might not be a viable option. I got confirmation on Monday that my GT model will be here in early July so I am happy out and the price is 55k

• Advertisement

Damn, and here I was contemplating an AWD GT line

After I win the lottery of course 😅

Advertisement