Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

I noted this the last time I was there. They are supposed to recognise that the car is in the geo fence but give you no indication of time etc that it will take. I ended up pressing the bell after about 30 mins to figure out when they would look at it and how long they would be. They the. Looked at it straight away ?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I dropped my car in a few months ago and sat in the little office which I’d reserved for the day… was told about 3 hours or so (to inspect/replace the upper control arms).

3 hours later I asked for an update and 5 minutes later the guy came in to me to ask ‘what seems to be the problem?’ And only then he took it for a test drive and started doing the work….. which was finished about 4 hours later…

Royally pi$$ed I was….. what’s the point of an appointment time if the car is left sitting for hours on end before they even look at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Yeah not a great experience for me as well. I finally learnt after 1 hour of waiting that you have to press the bell. After they took the car in they realized another colleague cancelled my appointment as there were no parts (tyre) in stock but typed a wrong international prefix and I didn't receive the cancellation text !? So time wasted.

Also they had a new lad at the sales, he was so unsure of everything you'd expect him to be surprised that they don't sell hybrids. There was a senior person there asking about CCS conversion for a model S, he had absolutely no clue as he didn't know the difference between V2 or V3 SuC or that the new stalls in Sandyford would be V3 (so no CHAdeMO). He was very polite though :)

With me they’d actually checked me in when I arrived, so they knew I was there and the car went into service mode…. It was only when I went looking for an update 3 hours later the guy came in to ask what the issue was I.e. they hadn’t even looked at it yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Same here, left the car in that morning, a quick chat to them then i went off for a walk to dundrum shopping center to waste a bit of time, came back a few hours later and car was exactly where i left it. had a chat to them and explained i had to get to work and the brought it in then - took about 30 min...

I think when the average joe who isn't into tech and the 'tesla' brand starts buying the cars the will have to up their game, no more dirty cars on collection day, misaligned panels ect..., when we collected the wifes 16k dacia from the dealer, it was in pristine showroom condition,and we didn't have to check the panels, because all were perfect just like all cars we have gotten before, A 16K Dacia.....

have to say though, i really like the tesla - favourite car so far i have ever owned, but it would take very little effort for them to make the experience a whole lot better, and a few tweaks would make the car perfect, but they are not there yet......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They are actively recruiting. They got lads from the aerospace industry recently too. Seemly, a standard mechanic qualification is not strictly required but you do needs some form of experience. The HV training is done once you join them, one of them told me last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

I was there for about 7 hours last month i think. Keep an eye on the Location in the Telsa app on your phone after you drop the car off. You'll see when it moves from the parking spot to inside the service center and when they are out for a test drive around Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

In terms of Q2 delivery of Model 3's has anyone yet received a VIN or formal notification from Tesla. There is a ship half way into its journey to Zeebrugge "Theban" and I would l imagine if there are deliveries to Ireland this is the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ferg01

Tried to get something looked at in Cork, June 20th is the soonest slot I could get in the app. Seems YMMV, especially if you’re not in Dublin. It’s not urgent anyway but might be useful as a data point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Good car washing weather that...

• Advertisement

It’s a PITA to wash in that sunshine.

The water dries too quick, the products dry out too quick and the heat makes it dangerous to use pre wash, tar or iron out products.

Car looks well though :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks great but agree with Gumbo, it's a nightmare for water stains

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Your problem good posters, is that you are you are not washing fast enough. I move at a dizzying pace.

It’s the products that pose the problem.

I was applying GTechniq L1 yesterday to the leather interior and the direct sunlight was a nightmare. I stopped after the front 2 seats.

I’ll tackle the rears and give the fronts another coat next week 🤣

Grand if your just doing a maintenance wash. In and out is what it’s about.

I'm time poor, I would never be able to do inside and out. I do tend to keep the car clean, so it's never too bad to begin.

2022.12.3.7.5 OTA update this morning, WFH so no idea what it relates to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would imagine it's just a tidying up of the 2022.12.3 update, I haven't got your latest one as yet, but got one last week which was .3.3

Probably the Dashcam patch... Wasn't Musk tweeting about it over the weekend?

I hate driving around with no dashcam....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pity they wouldn't put a timer on Spotify to see how long a song is playing or has left. That sliding black bar is of great help 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

If you touch the bar it will show you the time played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know but that's a ridiculous set up. Half the time if you touch the bar the song or podcast skips to completely different part.

€42,500 for a 2020 M3 SR+ with 26,000km

Trade in price with Tesla.

Decent.

Decent for a trade in through a main dealer. But id suspect you'd get 45k for it privately.

Contact Graham Walker Cars in Harolds Cross. He is actively buying Teslas and selling them just as quick. He is in the Tesla FB Group consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Could also try Spirit Premium (Brendan) in Sandyford. I got a good deal there (above the Tesla offer) and I am also aware they have recently sold a few Tesla's. Best of luck to you.

Erm...the car will likely be nearly a year old before I could get another M3...SIGH. I wonder would Tesla honour the trade in price now if the car does not come till end of year?

It's only valid for something like 6 weeks/2,000 additional km or something isn't it?

30/60 days and 2k kms from what I recall when I was trading mine in, ended up selling privately to first one to look at it (at asking)

I guess the trade in quote/function is kinda pointless given the lead time on getting a new model.

Thanks.

At the moment it’s messy, but when cars were available within the 2 months, it was fine.

Also, the trade in quote can go up.

I got 3 trade offers from Tesla before collecting my car, October 48k, December 51k and traded it in March for 57k.

• Advertisement

Yeah, in November 2020 they offered me €37,000 for my March 2020 SR+ with 16,000km on the clock.

In February 2022 they offered me €39,620 for the same car but this time with 48,500km on the clock!

Advertisement