Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Appeal

Options
  • 30-05-2022 7:38pm

Banned for discussion moderation. I was not doing this, despite been goaded by several other posters. Informed them I won't be posting again due been told not to by a mod.

Fail to see how that's discussing moderation or complaing about moderation. What is the criteria for it btw? Seems vague and open to abuse to ban people. I thought it was only for complaing about a mods decision

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can you post a link to the thread in question, or at least specify what forum it is you're banned from?

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have reviewed this. I agree with the moderator that you were trolling the champions league thread, the points for this were fair. I agree with the moderator that you discussed moderation on thread, the points for this were fair.

As per soccer forum charter, you accumulated sufficient points for a 2 week ban.

Ban upheld, and appeal rejected.

As for your question as to what the criteria is for inappropriate moderation discussion, this is spelled out in the soccer forum charter:

"We do not tolerate discussion of moderation, moderation of posts or reportable posts in thread. If you have a problem with the forum rules, PM the mods or message the Cat Mod."

How was I discussing moderation by saying I was told not to respond? Anyway it doesn't matter, this site is not for me if that's how users are treated. No big deal. There are plenty of other sites on the internet. How do I close the account down? I had a look at my profile but nothing showing.

Advertisement