Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

If your flight leaves from T2 ,can you go through security at T1,given both are connected and its possible to walk between both airside ?

Never done this before but someone I know is telling me they will be at the airport at 2am for a flight that leaves T2 at 6am and that T1 security is open 24hrs whereas T 2 security only opens at 4am

Hence they want to know to overcome that and get airside can they go through T1 instead after doing machine bag drop at T2 ?

They're flying EI

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Giving serious consideration to doing this if issues don't resolve before we are due to travel.

Hopefully someone knows if it is doable.

A TripAdvisor thread says yes but it's from 2015

Failing that, I suppose getting to Airport early and wait at top of queue for T2 Security until it does open at 4am.

Will know in the wee small hours if going through T1 security to get to T2 is possible

Have an agent on site trying this tonight 😂

• Advertisement

Am told they joined tge queue at T2 for the bag drop which was insane at 2am even so didn't risk going to T1

The queue for security in T2 was already out the doors at that stage

Ditto at T1

They are airside now thankfully

So that was their experience arriving at 2am

They said they wouldn't like to have been any later

Thanks for posting. Looks like a very early start for us so!

Let's see how this new system works for it's trial run this weekend.

Tbh,given the 100's of 1000's DAA top brass earn,you or I would have known that on Sunday the queue should have been divided into who has bags to check and who han online checked in

Its typically Irish for top brass in public quangos to be paid big money and think sorting out simply solved problems on the ground in a command and control fashion is beneath them

I mean putting people who hadn't finished training yet on the roster who at the last minute when this was discovered had to be sent home?

Monumental mis management

I'd lose the rag with whoever did that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Travelling to Lanzarote via the UK in 2 week’s. I see that travelers from Ireland to Spain don’t need a test or covid cert. But if travelling from the UK to Spain there are some requirements. Myself and my wife are boosted from December and January and the kids have recovery certs. So, my question is. As our country of origin is Ireland, EU citizens and EU covid certs, should we ok on entering Spain or would we have to go through the same process as UK citizens?

Post edited by masit on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Are there really no flights from SNN to Paris?

Seems odd, it's a big city, loads of tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Vueling are launching ORY. 2 x weekly.

Plenty of airlines have tried and failed in the past. Ryanair couldn’t even make BVA work with their cost structure. Aer Lingus were just about to relaunch CDG when COVID hit.

ORY is the nicest and most convenient airport for Paris in my opinion, hopefully this route survives the impending global recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi all,

I haven’t travelled since this time last year when covid checks were in place, are there any restrictions travelling to the USA now?

I am vaccinated but missed the booster due to catching covid.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

I have not been thru the airport in past 6 mths. Are the food outlets upstairs in T2 reopened? Any new outlets in T1 where previous ones closed? I need gluten free options and always a struggle especially ahead of a long flight. Wrights of Howth were best... for those who like fish and outlets in both terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both upstairs in T2 are open, and a new bar/restaurant has replaced the old bar and Butler's downstairs. Not been through T1 recently

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

So has Butlers relocated to elsewhere on the ground floor of T2... never really liked the open aspect there but need that shot of caffeine!

I think so. Still on the website.

I don't use them due to their owners political donation tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Butlers still there where it has always been. The Chocolate lounge has gone, replaced by Starbucks and The Fallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Paul2019

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,050 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Looking at Ryanair Dublin to Tallinn next year and all flights are sold out.

Is this just because they are not on sale yet. Surely every single flight can't be sold out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

The summer 2023 schedule hasn't been released yet. Some routes have started appearing over the last week or two however. I reckon they should be available within the next month.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can anyone advise I booked flights in February for December, RA changed the time by 8 hours in June. I still have not received an email confirming the new time so can’t change the flight for free. Chat tells me to be patient, that schedule not confirmed, but the flight and my booking are the new time. I want to change it as I’m not bringing the kids to airport at 3am. Anyone any guidance on this? Or how I can escalate it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Paul2019

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

What is the usual time before a bag is considered lost and a claim can be made?

My bag didn't make it on a connection through Frankfurt on Lufthansa. Report was made on the day (3rd October) and told they would be in contact and not to call. I have heard nothing back since. Back travelling in 2 weeks and need to get a new case etc. I know the baggage issue in Dublin Airport was very bad earlier in the summer and Lufthansa are handled by Sky Handling Partners but there is still no record of the bag having arrived in Dublin.

Is this a reasonable time frame for putting in a Lost Bag Claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Flying Thursday morning to Chicago, 11.30am.

Would I be time enough arriving at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Yes that's plenty of time. You could probably arrive around 30 minutes later if you have checked-in online and can use the self-service bag drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Anyone any idea if Ryanair will accept a large box as a check in item of luggage?

Ive this box about 1.3m long, and would like to check it in on an upcoming flight…. But don’t see any option on their website other than baby equipment or sporting equipment..

Advertisement