Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******* Motors Chat Thread *******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Since there's no chat allowed in the bad parking thread I'll put it here.

Whatever about these numpties (both the deliberate and oblivious kind) what I really don't understand is people who park as close as possible to the door of the gym, park badly to get as close as possible to the gate of the park to go for a walk.

The mind boggles.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sure my local Tesco with the car park well below half full and some people have to park outside the door. There are no parking spaces there but there is space to park cars and many do for what ever reason.

Or parked right outside the door with the engine running while 'herself' is inside doing the shopping. It's a common occurrence in my local town. Not restricted to the older generation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Living in months of paranoia after my car dumped coolant to the point the heater cut off. Over the Christmas period. I think the expansion bottle cap failed and it boiled out but - loosing half it's coolant was an issue.

It almost began to overheat.

Finally worked up the nerve to drive it after 5 months of worrying if it'll puke and it just didn't give a ****. I think the water seals survived.

8 years sitting in a car, now 16 years old. And now with new steel replacing a hole in one of the sills. Maybe it'll pass an NCT - if I can get a booking before next year's test is due.

Apparently, the layers of hammerite are actually protecting the metal where they haven't been pebbledashed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just discovered there's only one fuse in my car's glovebox fusebox 😮

i've been driving it 5 years and its not given me any trouble (electric-wise), should i put them in? but why would they be missing in the first place?

• Advertisement

What cat is it. Tbh I'd leave it the way it is, especially if everything works.

citroen c3 1.4 hdi

Does it say on the cover of fuse box what each of the missing fuse's are?

no not on the cover but in the user manual book

its listed on the bottom half of this page

If you look at that link you posted the guy has the fuse cover half off and there is only one fuse as well so it must be normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭User1998

Looks like the Mondeo is being put back to standard…

well spotted👍️

so why would that be doesn't make sense? esp if there's a allocation for each slot, airbag, alarm etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭zg3409

Often many things were optional such as electric windows, front fogs, power steering, power seats etc.

There is probably another fuse board on the engine compartment or behind the glovebox etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Have the A4 a year this week. 63k Km put on it and to be fair it’s been perfect. It’s a great car for doing big mileage in it handles it very well. I think this might actually be the car that will end up being kept by me for a reasonable length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Found it. Nearly standard but a few remnants of its former self

there's no other interior fuse board, the engine board has all the fuses installed

I’ll just leave this here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Not really worthy of its own thread but anyone any thoughts on the 1.5 TSI in the Kodiaq? Looking at changing cars soon and the Kodiaq Sportline seems to winning out at the moment but don't see many petrol variants and what few there are seem to be entry level models. Wondering is the 1.5 underpowered for such a big car. Don't really need a diesel anymore as only make the occasional lengthy trip now and no larger engine size in the petrol. Might make the Tiguan R-Line more appealing though I'd prefer the space of the Kodiaq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Crazy drive yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

How would that crack work . Thought u had to own a car to insure it

Not considering it so don't need any stay away advice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This. The forums were a much better platform for actual useful information and searchable. One I was on for donkey's went dark a couple of months ago. All that knowledge gone. :( I found facebook groups to be complete arse by comparison. Like you note any actual technical stuff was constantly repeated(and often plain wrong) and gone the next time you went in, buried in the past. The vast bulk of the rest was "here's a picture of my car", "here's a picture of a meet last weekend", or "here's a picture of my car I'm selling".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Wasn't he asking €20k or something for it when it was all blinded up? What's it up for now? Wonder what clicked for him in the end..

I think someone tried to steal it a few weeks ago and smashed a window and damaged the wrap. Might have had something to do with it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

ooft, where are you getting this juicy nugget from?

I saw it at my mechanics yard with a smashed window, one of the lads was telling me there was a few attempted robberies in the yard

@Wibbs yep, Facebook only survived through acquisition of Instagram and Whatsapp etc. Otherwise, they would have gone the way of bebo, myspace and the rest.

Despite their claims, the product never really evolved for users beyond 'post your stuff here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hi all,

I am looking for opinions.

So my dad has been toying with the idea of me selling my car as I am changing careers etc.

For those of you who don't know, It's a 2007 Honda Civic 1.4 petrol with 140,000 miles o the clock.

I just replaced the rear axle as it had corroded and snapped. (common problem)

I really like this car and apart from the axle, all I had to get done was one new calliper, (as the old one seized), a fan relay and an ABS sensor. That has been it apart from tyres and regular servicing.

Based on this info, do ye think I should upgrade?

• Advertisement

No stay with it. When a major problem occurs just get rid of it and then buy something else.

edit: I forgot to add. The job will it entail a lot of driving? Like more than you usually do?

Advertisement