Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

That a great example of how crazy the second hand market is!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

My insurance is up for renewal and every site I put my reg into comes up that my model 3 is the performance variant when it's actually the RWD version, this wasn't an issue before as I manually put in the details for my previous cover before the car was registered.

In the logbook, it's down as `MODEL 3 MODEL 3 BQB1S5N 4DR AU'

Can other people check theirs please and see what it comes up as?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

According to my insurance company my SR+ is a LR…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

The price improving on the trade in is just being eaten up by the price (increases) of a new car...

In fairness that 2nd quote I got was before the price increase….. and as late as the night before the price increase I was seriously contemplating putting down €100 deposit on a new one……

• Advertisement

I'm seriously considering putting down €250 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Do it now and buy yourself the option and lock pricing. Otherwise you will regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

Mine is the same. I asked my broker who said it doesn't impact the premium as they're in the same class.

Doesn't make sense to me, there's a fair bit of difference between the two but that's what I was told.

I'm not even sure where we can correct that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

My main concern is that if something did happen, the insurance company could turn around and say that the car is a different spec than what was insured and the policy would be invalid.

I'm probably just overthinking it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It seems to depend on the database used by the insurere - my SR+ shows up variously as a Performance, a Long Range and an SR+ when I was shopping around for insurance cover. There was no way for me to change it, but the insurance company said that it wouldn't make a difference to the quote.

When I argued that the LR / Performance was worth more, etc. They just shrugged.

Ironically, the one insurer where it showed up correctly as an SR+ was the one that gave me the highest quote.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a LR bother to get the Speed Boost?

Looking at the site, for the Performance its the Uber wheels and larger calipers, car is dropped a bit and a spoiler. Literally same motors etc the rest of the "performance" is a software unlock?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not really, my second hand value increased dramatically more than the price increases Tesla introduced a few months back (and I got my deposit down the day they increased prices in the US which was a good week+ before they increased prices here).

Suppose a lot will depend on what the trade in is, if a banger then you are caught, if more higher end, and an EV and a Tesla then you're laughing.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The Perf model has actually a different rear motor from the LR so the drivetrain hardware is different between the LR and Performance variants. They also apparently have a different battery LG vs. Panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Apparently, UK Model 3 buyers have now been allocated VINs as RHD cars are on the way. Some are saying no RHD cars are coming here until August/September, which will be very disappointing.

I personally know of an Irish order placed last June, which was modified in January. It had the usual "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" on the order page, but no estimate for delivery. Tesla texted several weeks back to confirm the order was to be cancelled, given the order was from last June. They said they'd prioritise it, once called to confirm the car was still wanted.

It's now been updated to "Estimated Delivery: November 02 - December 17".

No trade-in, no finance etc., straight cash buyer.

That would fit in with them shifting all Irish orders into Q4, which makes sense for Tesla.

No doubt there'll be UK Model 3 buyers driving their newly ordered cars, long before that.

That must be very frustrating for that person. I am guessing that modifying the order in January ended up pushing out his/her delivery date? I wouldn't be overly pleased with taking delivery in Nov/Dec either. I would rather a January delivery and a 231 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

Same here just checked my app, moved from August to "Estimated Delivery: November 02 - December 17". Really hope that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'm still not sure I get the obsession with the licence plate. It's an arbirtray number designed to help SIMI and others create demand twice a year for new cars.

Some friends thought I was strange for taking an inventory M3 with 212 plates in March. "Oh, it's six months old", etc.

The same friend is waiting until possibly the end of this year or 2023 before their car arrives. In the mean time I'll have several months of driving this car. It's not like I'm buying the car to flip it for a profit or something.

If it's status they're worried about, that's silly. If it's depreciation, then the current second hand market nearly turns that on its head.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

Purely to do with resale value. 231 is worth more than 222, even if the cars are only registered one month apart.

I'm still not sure I get the obsession with the licence plate. It's an arbirtray number designed to help SIMI and others create demand twice a year for new cars.

It's not arbitrary though. It's a highly visibly, external sign of how "new" your car is. By your own admission, this has an effect on the desirability & thus, value, of said car. Sure, it may not matter to you, but it does to me & many others, as we usually only keep cars a year or two.

A 212 reg. car will be worth several thousand less than a 221 reg. car, though possibly registered days apart (December 30th/January 2nd). It makes no difference to Tesla & indeed, benefits them as their share price depends on Q4 deliveries. Deliveries up = billions extra in company value.

Paddy ends up with a less desirable & less valuable car, plus the feeling of driving a "last year's car".

They are the only company to do this here - take it or leave it. Most prospective buyers take it.

• Advertisement

They used to offer the option for a tow hitch on the M3?

Can you still get it, seems they pulled it off the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

I believe it is an off menu option Contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Yep make your order and when you have an order number contact Tesla to get it added and they the will re-issue a new order docket with price attached, note it could be 1,350 plus vrt on top of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Just a few newbie questions if you don’t mind.

If ordered now you get it later if finance is selected when putting the deposit down rather than selecting cash? And can the type of finance be changed further down the line as I saw someone mentioning that pcp is available but not on the website yet?

Is the price locked in for any amount of time once the deposit is put down? and if it does go up by say 10k can the deposit be gotten back?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Some say that having a finance option results in a delay in delivery but personally speaking I don't believe this has any impact and is one of the many (there are loads) of speculative conspiracy theories. That is of course assuming you have completed all the necessary finance related tasks...which should easily be accomplished given the tine between order and delivery. The pricing is locked once you make a confirmed order by placing non refundable refundable deposit so if prices increase customers have benefited. That answers your last question the booking deposit is non refundable. If you chose not to proceed to delivery you lose your deposit . One of the benefits of Tesla is the relatively small booking deposit needed to lock in pricing and get into the queue for delivery whilst also giving the opportunity to walk away should you decide not to take delivery/complete..but booking deposit is always non refundable.

BTW there were pricing increases announced in Q2 (increase of approx 3K on entry Model 3)and personally speaking this is likely to go in one direction given high demand, difficulty in securing new cars industry wide and rising petrol costs. Hence, think carefully about locking in current pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Thanks, so just to be clear If you put down a deposit the price does not change even if for example they put the price up in a few months and the car you ordered is still months from being delivered?

For info, on the Tesla app, my EDD just changed from “February” to “Jan 4th to Feb 18th”.

Post edited by Enigma IE on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can get your deposit back within the cooling period of 14 days, if Tesla change the delivery date this also prompts an opportunity to get your deposit back. In the unlikely event the price of the car goes down, Tesla will honour the new price and you benefit

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Anyone with FSD might want to skip the next software update as it will disable automatic leaving of motorways when using NOA.

Advertisement