Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

I’ve got a mate who has let me in to Pairc Ui Rinn a few times, but none of that kissing craic. I wouldn’t get too hung up on one pseudo terrorist, the failings were far wider that just someone on the gate letting a mate in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I hear you, and I agree, the whole thing was a shìtshow for everyone involved, especially the fact it wasn't just Joe Soap fans getting herded like cattle, the corporate lads got treated like dirt also...

I would have hoped after what happened in France at the Eagles Of Death Metal gig in the Bataclan a few years ago, the fact someone can enter France and go to a CL Final without a ticket after firing rockets on Monday in Syria is a bit wrong...

Or maybe I'm just a bit wet behind the ears...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If you think I want anything to do with that far right thing you are sorely mistaken...

I said no such thing. Just asked if we could not post their Tweets. If you don't know who they are, fair enough. Now you do.

It is clear as day though this chap and the girl know each other and this is the same lad from both video's, there is literally a Liverpool fan getting pepper sprayed whilst this guy gets a peck on the cheek by his pal working in the stadium...

There were several people going under the turnstiles though, not just the guy who had been to Syria, and not only let in by her. It didn't look like they were in control, regardless of who they knew.

Is that fair to supporters who paid thousands to get there in some cases?

Of course not. Who even suggested otherwise?

As Dav says, there were failings all over the place. The reason this particular situation has gained traction isn't because of the injustice of it towards Liverpool fans, but because it's being used by some latter day Nazis to validate their own agenda.

Right so I've reposted the French version of J*stin B*yd B*rr*tt's Tweet, I genuinely didn't know who the chap was at all...

I'm hardly up on french politics myself so no idea who he was but won't be reposting him again now I do know...

Post edited by Riesen_Meal on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sorry if posted before

Poland Manager wants Lewandowski to sign for liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭antimatterx

PSG linked with Keita for €50M. Where do we sign.

Probably one of our worst signings under Klopp, I don't now how he gets him game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Bowen is a fantastic player but im wondering if its too soon to see if he's the real deal. Although we took a gamble on Robertson and look how he ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I think we're probably a year late on trying to sign Bowen. After the season he's had and with the English player tax, they'll be asking for silly money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've wanted him the last two summers and I still want him. Exceptional played, who will get even better under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah, same.

But it just shows that the recruitment model in use is working. He's another example of a player having a big 'breakout' season either just after signing for Liverpool or not getting the transfer. There are a few examples that go the other way - Lewis that didn't sign from Norwich for example but the majority follow the trend.

Because of this trend, I'm confident in whichever player is targeted. Edwards might have left and replaced by Ward, but the model still sticks. Well, I assume so anyways. Even in January, I wasn't convinced by Diaz but then he comes in and is electric and proves me wrong. Needs to add more goals, but you can see the promise. Like that, I wasn't convinced by Bowen last summer but then he goes and tears up the Premier League this season. Maybe the scouts & recruitment team really do know more than us!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest I would pay the Englis tax for Saka.

Our 10% owners RedBird now own AC Milan after buying it for €1.3b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

It will be interesting to see what option the club takes with replacing Mane.

Jeremy Doku (Rennes) was actively pursued for a few years and he was allegedly told by Klopp that he was seen as Mane's replacement. He turned down the opportunity to join Liverpool last summer and was repeatedly injured which limited his time on the pitch during the season. He looks a handful as a wide attacking player but he hasn't had a break out season yet in terms of contributing goals and assists.

Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid) was a supposed target in a loan with option to buy deal last summer. The Spanish media reported that Ancelotti prevented the deal from happening because he wanted to evaluate the player for himself.

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) was strongly linked with Liverpool before the European Championships and those rumours continue.

Jarrod Bowen (West Ham) was the subject of two transfer bids from Liverpool last summer.

All four of those players play out wide and there's no chance of reviving a deal for Vinicius Junior but one of the other three should be possible. If Firmino's legs are gone then we will need a viable alternative to Jota or Salah that can play through the centre. Personally I'd like to see the club sign Darwin Nunez, he caused us problems in both games against Benfica and he did similar against Bayern and Barcelona. He has the quality and Klopp would most certainly improve him as a player.

I presume these transfers will be a chain reaction. Mane can leave Liverpool when a replacement is secured. That replacement can be secured only when their respective replacement has been secured etc. which could lead to a drawn out summer of speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saka would be the player I'd go for, test Arsenal resolve with £80m - £100m. Klopp has talked up Martinelli a few times too.

Suddenly though Kane doesn't seem totally unrealistic although Son is the player Klopp would want from Spurs. We have went from needing a centre forward instead of a left forward.

Gutted over Mane he is just a huge loss, I was looking forward to seen the numbers he could put up in the middle in a full season and no AFCON. He looks absolutely revitalized in that position.

I'm not too worried anyway, the club will have a list of options already, some no one has even thought of too.

With the arrival of Diaz and how good Mane has been at CF, we aren't looking for a wide forward now. CF is whats needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You could argue we have two already in Firmino and Jota. I don't see or like Jota as a wide man but the club might. That leaves Diaz and Salah on wings with Minamino and Carvalho as 5th and 6th choices. It could be a winger that we need depending on how everyone is seen within the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mane and mo have 5 yrs or more at the top left in them

Sorry but Firmino is shot, well past his best. Jota is good but not at Mane's level.

I don't agree that he is shot, not as good as he was but definitely good enough for him and Jota to be our CF's next season. Neither are Mane's level but I think an out and out CF makes us top heavy for that position and light on the wings.

• Advertisement

Origi gone.

So if Mane does leave who else will leave.

Salah, Bobby, Ox & Keita all have one year left on their contracts.

Bobby to get an extension, Salah to stay and leave on a free, Ox to be sold, Naby to be sold.

I can also see Minamino go if the right offer comes in.

Carvalho the only player in so far.

Gordon might get called up from the youth team next season then go out on loan in January or the following season.

Elliott should be back up t full fitness for the start of the season.

I don't think we'll see loads of players in. It's a very short gap between now and the start of the season so not a lot of time to bed in lots of new players. I think a lot of our activity will be based around whether we get significant bids for valuable squad players that we then need to replace.

Keepers

No movement here unless we get a bid for Kelleher and need to replace him

Defenders 

Neco Williams back as cover at RB until after the WC and re-evaluate. We'll only need ins if we get bids for Gomez or Tsimikas that can't be turned down or the players would like more game time.

Midfield

I'd sell Ox, re-sign Milner, let Keita run down his deal. Get in at least one CM, two if Keita is sold.

Forwards

Mane replacement to go along with Carvalho. Maybe a Salah future replacement to bed in if he is going to leave on a free (I still think he stays). Maybe Minamino will be sold and if he is a replacement would be needed. 

That leaves us a 25 man squad of

Alisson, Kelleher

TAA, Neco W, VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez, Robbo, Tsimikas

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, New, Keita (or new), Elliott, Milner, Jones

Salah, Diaz, New, Jota, Firmino, Minamino (or new), Carvalho 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could be as I do expect us to get decent sized bids for Neco Williams at some point based on his Championship and Wales performances.

I wouldn't mind keeping Williams he is only 21 and even pushing him forward as a winger.

He has shown he knows where the goal is.

He's quite versatile too, was playing LWB for Wales recently and was one of their better players behind Bale. I expect we'll get decent offers, possibly as high as 15-20m so it may be a tough decision for the club if an offer like that comes in of whether to keep him or let him go. He definitely has qualities that teams would look for, quick, can pass it very well and as you say has goals in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Adrián and Karius both out if contract so you'd think we do need an extra senior keeper unless Adrián re-signs

Watching Bellingham's interview on CNN today I really want him now more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I said this before, IF Williams makes it to the very u top, it'll be as a winger, not as a fullback. No complaints from me TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Paris is, and has been for a while, an absolute shithole. Really dislike the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Completely disagree.

Paris is a wonderful city to visit as a tourist. So much to see and do. It is probably my favoutite capital city to visit.

However, Saint Denis is not 'in Paris' for me. Paris and anything you would want to see and visit is contained within the 'Circle of Paris' below the stadium's location.

I wouldn't hesitate in visiting Paris again. I've been to that stadium for an Irish soccer international game, at night, no trouble like last Saturday, but not a nice place to be at night. Only felt 'safe' once we got back into the City but I would go back there in the morning.

Wouldn't be in a rush to go to a night game there again though.

Heading there twice in Sept/Oct for WC rugby matches, def going to be spending minimum amount of time in that area.

Danjuma name dropping Liverpool being interested in him.

Anyone speak Dutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Where's Steve McLaren when you need him?

• Advertisement

Nunez would fulfill the CF requirement and can also fill in on the left as can Danjuma. But I think that it would be naive of the club to go into next season without Salah's replacement in place.

If Mane leaves, I expect any offers for Keita will be considered. Carvalho and Elliott are the next generation attacking midfielder/link up players and between them they are more than capable of covering the contribution of his 2086 minutes on the pitch this season. They are not understudies for Salah's position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mo to Newcastle next summer? No respect for the club or Klopp if that's true after they helped make him the player he is.

If it is true I'd offer him to Real this summer to soften the blow of losing on Mbappe. Try keep Mane or use the money from the two of them for two of Nkunku, Bowen, Raphina or Nunez.

Let him off, if money is the driving force then fair does, it’s a short career. If he has ambitions to win or be recognised as a top player/win Ballon D’or then playing at Newcastle will be a significant backwards step. I think they will be an unrecognisable force in a few years time, but it won’t happen over a short period like City’s did, because City and Liverpool are already there. If we get one last brilliant season out of him, I’d wish him well, if he has a poor season, well we might think we dodged a bullet by not committing to four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sell salah , judas

he's done feck all since jan and goes missing in the big games

holding the club to randsom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Salah hasnt been the same since AFCON

• Advertisement

Paywall removed on Athletic article

The good news is flowing this morning...

I would flog Salah to Newcastle for 100m to fight for the Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I really hope we don't draw a French team in the champions League anytime soon... The potential for trouble is huge now.

The story is based upon information from "a source close to the player", his agent Ramy Abbas would be my guess. It's not Newcastle that he's hinting at, it's Man City. He has made mention of their interest before.

Newcastle have a development plan that doesn't involve marquee signings according to briefings that were given to journalists. The top earners at the club earn around £100K a week and they have no intention of breaking the wage structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

For now they won't break that wage structure but that won't be long changing.

As for Salah if that is what he wants I would sell him this summer,if he is leaving on a free next summer he will be "minding" himself so he doesn't get injured so he can get his big pay day. No player is bigger than the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

For those off us without a sub, does it actually mention Newcastle?

I'd be surprised if the club didn't take him on a short term deal at a higher wage. He's clearly worth the money in the medium term at least.

For those off us without a sub, does it actually mention Newcastle?

No it does not. The article says he is happily settled in the area and wants a two year deal.

He shared the Premier League Golden Boot with Tottenham’s Son Heung-min on 23 goals and won the award for most top-flight assists after creating a further 13. He’s happy at Liverpool and settled living in Cheshire with wife Magi and daughters Makka and Kayan. But he wants a contract which he believes is representative of his importance and value to a team challenging for the biggest prizes in European football.

There has been speculation that the length of a possible extension is a stumbling block. However, The Athletic has learned that Salah would be willing to sign a new two-year deal if the terms were right. He’s not looking for the security of a four-year contract. He’s a model professional and is convinced he will continue to deliver at the highest level well into his mid-30s.

To me it sounds like they want a contract of the value offered by Liverpool, but over a two year period rather than four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

It would be a disaster for Salah to go to another PL club.

I’m actually surprised that no PL clubs are looking at Mane - if £42.5m is the price then that sounds well worth it for a player like him.

For now they won't break that wage structure but that won't be long changing.

Eventually they will but at present they intend to make incremental improvements to the quality of the team. The club is being rebuilt in a controlled manner and they are not following the "throw money at them" model of Abramovich's Chelsea and subsequently Sheikh Mansour's Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

My take on it is now you have to imagine a deal will be offered to Salah. I think the club was caught as they couldn't offer both Mane and Salah similar deals and you would imagine both agents would been making a case that their players is worth x amount more. Salah has also always hinted a few times that he wants to finish his career at Liverpool so you would think that the club would be factoring this into their equation if they decide to offer a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Amazed at people jumping to Newcastle conclusions and people criticising Salah.

He's been amazing for us and will be again and he deserves a lot of credit.

I'm sure a deal will be reached and this "going to rival" could just be a ploy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement