Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Scultura ECZ351BK Traditional Barista Pump Espresso Machine (Acceptable) - ~€45 delivered

• 25-05-2022 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,985 ✭✭✭✭

Currently reduced to €200 in Arnotts.. but can see 7 models indicated as "Acceptable" for £37.50 on Amazon with large scratches etc.

Click "New & Used" down right-hand side here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C2352TW/

Having bought some "Acceptable" items in the past.. they're often not as bad as they might indicate.

And while condition may vary but if you're not happy, should be able to send it back for free via An Post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

£37.50 Used - Acceptable (30 available)

£44.00 Used - Good (18 available)

£46.50 Used - Very Good (7 available)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks so much. Nabbed myself a Very Good one, only a couple of cents more when the Irish tax gets added.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cheers Basq.

Went for the Used - Very Good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Went for used - very good myself. Thanks for posting! Will report back on quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Have no need for one myself but I will say that is an outstanding bargain alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭samo

Excellent.. worth a shot for this price and had a 20GBP voucher against a “Very Good “ rated option.

thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

Reminds me of a legendary bargain alert back in 2018 when these could be got in Argos brand new for 64.99. Must have been a pricing error but nabbed one anyways. Great machine

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Now that's a top quality bargain alert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I've a bean to cup. Why do I need this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

15 sold since this thread went with used-good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Thanks so much. Have similar delonghi and paid 50 for new pump some years back.

Bought this as backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Bought a delonghi from lidl earlier in the year as a back up for my sage. Absolute garbage. 12 gram portafilter. Pointless ,messy and a crap product at the end

If this is similar you will regret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've had one of these for a few years, neat piece of kit and very easy to use. Not as flash as a Sage machine but you don't have to reconsider your pension plan to buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Delivered yesterday. I bought the used very good one. It's brand new. Still in the original plastic and not so much as a scratch on it. Thanks again Basq. Great spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sidcon

Mine arrived today, fairly scratched does the water container have a lid, or is mine missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

How's the coffee guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,985 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Thanks for the BA op - first one in months that has tempted me on the site!

Bought one marked as 'good' with only a few scratches on it and one that specifically didn't say repackaged/pods missing - which I took to mean filters.

It arrived poorly re-packed with a smashed watertank, no lid at all for watertank, no tamper, missing the filters/pod holders and, of course, no descaler (which I wouldn't have expected, but didn't say it was missing). Manual was there and looked like it was basically unused

Will probably just return as there's too many individual bits missing to be worthwhile, but would have been great if it had worked out. (edit - actually, just realised spare tank and pod holder isn't too expensive... might keep after all)

It's happened to me a few times with Warehouse items that they arrive in a shockingly bad state, so much so that sometime I think they're essentially picked at random from their pile of Warehouse stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

all gone? Not seeing any used offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

Ordered a ‘good’ and it arrived today.

Basically brand new, all the accessories, manual included, all in their original packaging. Main unit is unblemished.

Great BA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Seeing as we all have the same machine now....one thing that annoys me about it is the plastic tamper. Are they all the same diameter?

i.e. can I order any metal round one and will it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Ordered a 'very good' one, however it seems as though the steam knob is stuck... How much force do yous have to apply to turn the knob? Mine ain't budging and I'm afraid I'm going to break something if I keep at it.

EDIT: Took a vice grips to it and managed to get it loose, seems good now!

Post edited by robz18 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Thanks Basq. Great bargain and got it today. It has definitely been used before as there was some coffee grains on it. Very small scratch on the side but other than that no issues that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Mine arrived today. Thanks OP! The drip tray looks a bit scuffed and there was no box or instructions, but other than that it looks brand new. All the dies and handles look to be in their original plastic.

For anyone short of the instructions like myself, you can grab a copy here, there's a set of operational instructions at the top of the page, and then more of a set of warnings and troubleshooting further down the page:

Must test it out later to make sure it's actually working. Are the little espresso cups in the photos meant to come with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

No, generally speaking they don't come with cups or the like. For demonstrative purposes only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

My machine arrived ths morning. I bought the used - very good option.

Turned out to be brand new, just a few small tears in the box. Everything inside packaged up as new. Great bargain, thanks Basq for posting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mine arrived over weekend, i need to do some serious yt watching to get up to speed on how to make use of this, James Hoffman is great if anyone in same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Mine arrived today (thanks Basq) but doesn't appear to be working. It powers up and makes steam, but water won't pump through and the pump doesn't even try to pump, just silence. I've read the manual, tried the airlock release tips on venting through the steam nozzle, but nothing!

Any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement