Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Thursday night Stonebridge is insane, but there's very little chance of getting in ffs. Plus there's no toilets so you have to leave and queue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Just noticed LTJ Bukem while jealously glancing through the stage line ups. Nice to see him still getting the respect he so richly deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Same for me, but I'll catch the end of the Fontaines as I reckon that set will be a special moment for them.

Recent-ish tradition to have a big name open the Other Stage on a Friday morning. Beady Eye and the Kaiser Chiefs have previously done it, maybe James also.

Always wanted to see TLC but that's a tough clash with Supergrass/Robert Plant & Alison Krauss. Dilemmas dilemmas. Will get to the end of Seun Kuti though and get my Goan curry en route.

In better news I'm likely to see all of The Undertones. Seem 'em loads but they are The Undertones and that could be a raucous set. And thereafter the Mary Chain/Heaton conundrum. Billie Eillish for me after, reckon her set will be special. Only the second Glasto for me since the 80s where I'm intending to see all three Pyramid headliners, so you'll know where to avoid me Rubick.

• Advertisement

Haha we'll not be near any Pyramid headliners this year but don't be taking it personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not yet. 😁 Yard Act in William's Green at 6.30 on Fri is another to consider, plus two surprise acts there on Thur night. Last time i was there it was Metronomy and The 1975 so I'm reining in my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Denise Chalia just said she's playing, will hopefully make that.

Friday at 16:15 on BBC introduces stage, looks like Girl in Red is getting bumped, bit of an overlap with another Limerick singer Sinead O Brien that I'm hoping to get to.

Post edited by Poorside on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

God i'd love to be in that John Peel tent Friday Night. Mary Chain followed by Primal Scream? Yes please. Can't believe there's even a debate to be had 😉

Surprised at Fontaines afternoon slot. I'm not really a fan but i would've expected higher billing tbh.

Twelve years and counting now since i was last there. Ah, some day i shall return (i hope).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

SO'B on Jools Holland ten days ago and was referred to as a Dublin singer. I'd have a word with them Poorside. Caught her supporting another Limerick crew Whenyoung about three years ago, thought she was good but inessential. Chaila I'll definitely try to make. Irish acts Sprints and NewDad also in William's Green over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Was a toss up between SOB and Girl in Red, with GiR leading the way, Denise just came knocked both on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Anyone going from Bristol Airport and how are you getting to the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Bus from the airport to the city, temple meads station. Then off to Tesco / Boots whatever to stock up, then back to temple meads station and a bus to the festival. You can book the bus from Bristol to the festival here: Coach Travel & Airport Transfers | National Express and you don't need to book the bus from the airport to the city centre, you can just buy a ticket outside the terminal building and busses are every 20 mins or something, it's easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Thanks a mill for that

If theres a few of you get a taxi and ask the driver to stop for 10 minutes in a Tesco or wherever.

We looked at this in the past, it was more expensive and not any quicker, it’s 70km so it’ll be an expensive taxi. Plus you don’t know what gate you’ll end up at depending on police directing traffic and I want to go in through gate A which is the only one the busses can go to.

Ive done it a few times. Pricey alright but if theres 4 people its ok. 40 quid each ish. The coach is 25 quid. Stop in Shepton Mallet for supplies. Ive done it in about an hour and 15 mins before - airport to Gate A.

Its much much quicker than waiting for a bus to bring you back the other direction into Bristol, going to the shop, then back to the station and waiting on another bus to bring you down to the site which takes 3 or 4 hours all in.

The taxi drop off is across the road from Gate A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I used https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/ in the past to book a taxi to the festival. Glastonbury Festival is a destination in their quote system. Add Tesco on Tucker St in Wells as an intermediate stop. Its showing 71 for a 4 person taxi one way there now (might not get 4 people and gear in a small car though). They've quotes for bigger cars too. Always have a bit of small notes to chuck the drivers a decent tip too. The traffic in and out can be a nightmare at times and it is a fixed rate.

I never bothered with Taxis on the way back. I'd be wary of them not showing up or refusing to take you if it was muddy. Since having a nightmare time of it in 2007 I always had a booked National Express out of there. Always have some water for the trip and a bag if you are feeling rough. Seen a few spews on the return coach in my time (fortunately none from a first person perspective).

Last year out in 2015 there was 2 of us and we picked up a rando in the Airport to split the taxi with which worked out well. I've also been the rando in the Airport but I strongly recommend the former approach if you don't want to be at the whims of strangers as to what the best way to go is (short version.. it wasn't).

This is world class, thanks! We've already booked a coach to leave the site but we just needed to finalise the way there. Staying in Bristol on the Tuesday and these guys you recommend will take us the whole way to Worthy View.

• Advertisement

You not queuing through the night on tuesday like a proper Glasto veteran? Wimps 😅

I'm on me tod in Bristol all my group are coming from London so I'm not shelling out for a taxi, the bus will do me fine. There'll be other people I can drink cans with also, the taxi driver won't be up for that.

Yeah staying up all night the night before a 5 day knees up isnt my idea of fun

I booked a coach from the airport direct to the festival. There aren't many and the times may not suit you (direct coaches at 9am, mid-day and 2pm) arriving at the site an hour later.

On the way back I'm stopping in Bristol for a few hours before heading to the airport, the coach taking an hour forty five mins to the city. I'd prefer to avoid the probable chaos of Bristol station on the way there if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I went to the Frames with the brother Saturday evening. He's been to Glastonbury a few times. He spent a couple of pints in the Brazen Head after going through runs of gigs he'd seen there, amazing days of incredible music. I think I've one in me. Next year might be the year. I'm very envious reading the build up here. Looking forward to the reports. Enjoy it, ye lucky feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

He's a big Radiohead fan but he was talking about his finest ever day stoned, Glastonbury 2003? 2004? Himself and his mate off their heads from early on, a tailor made lineup, Polyphonic spree, Flaming Lips, Love, the two of them ecstatic, then Radiohead rolled on, in their pomp and they couldn't hack it, wrecked their buzz completely, they had to leg it. One of his all time gig regrets, missing that

That's hilarious. It was 2003, and magnificent. Thanks for bringing back the memories. My fave weekend lineup ever, everyone you'd have wanted to see at that time - REM were side stage for Radiohead after headlining the night before. Love did all of Forever Changes with string and brass sections. It was just wall-to-wall brilliance for those few days. So good I missed the likes of Sigur Ros, Libertines, Dave Gahan, Doves, Grandaddy, Super Furries, Buena Vista Social Club, Frames, Moloko (clashed with Love), Jimmy Cliff, Inspiral Carpets, Primal Scream, John Cale, Goldfrapp, Interpol, Lamb, Roddy Frame, Beth Gibbons, Doves and so many more.

And sunshine, lots of sunshine. Wish us the same for this year.

And here's some more - A House Is Not a Motel. What a set that was.

Be warned, if you manage to go once it's going to become a yearly thing for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Only if you can actually get tickets! God, when i think of it, from '92-'04 i never had a ticket. Over/under the fence then in 2002 when the big fence went up it was a matter of people on the inside bringing out wristbands. Bought tickets in 07, 08 and 2010. Not been back since. Gave up for a few years as it was unaffordable, and then any attempts at getting tickets in recent years have proven futile.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Advertisement