Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A global recession is on the horizon - please read OP for mod warning

Options

Comments

Ok, enough of this joke of a thread. I'm the bigger fool for engaging, tbh!

I think Ursula and Borell with Berbock and Mishel on salary from US government department.I just can't explain them stupidly made decisions against Europe.

I pretty sure we will see EU collapse shortly when every country with ruined economy will start leave EU trying to protect own political and economic systems.

Riots and populists elections wins guaranteed ! I pretty sure Sean Fein will take parlament of Ireland same as they did on North.France parlament elections in June this year and big chances for LePen party.This will be time of unic and phenomenal changes .The last something similar we see over 30 years ago when USSR and whole Eastern Europe came on a parts.

Yes we need higher rates ! Let's make mortgages unaffordable and building sites closed down ! Let's make people pay higher mortgages and loans not leaving them money for expensive food and sky high utility bills ! Let's take as much as possible from people stoping economy and creating bigger mess than in 2008 !Will this do better !?

The high energy prices and higher rates will kill economy from both sides ! Higher rates will not reduce oil price on market ! The only recesion caused by higher rates will reduce energy prices stoping economy and reducing demand ! When unemployed people will sit at home and will not buy petrol !

Check information before telling bs here.This digits only show how far you from reality in Russia.Google first if you not follow news from Russia .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement

The only cheap gas and oil will stop inflation ! All need for this is peace with Russia ! Sanctions will kill Europe not the Russia ! Russia has everything to survive when Europe has nothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

So much for the JP Morgan & Goldman Zachs $100/$105 by 2023 predictions earlier in the year.

Realistically will probably end up closer to $200 but many energy insiders talking about going $250 to $300, scary.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The fact is that that sooner this war ends the better for the EU. The weapons being sent by USA will only prolong it.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think people suddenly stop caring about what Russia are doing and how the Ukrainians are faring when they think it might hurt them in the pocket more and more, sentiment I've noticed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Maybe the EU should invade from the west and split Ukraine in two. Between us and Russia we would have everything wrapped up in a couple of months😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

Ursula and her cronies are definitely in the pocket of uncle sam. We the plebs will end up suffering just so the libs can say they beat Putin.

How about taking all the Lefty flag wavers who stand with everything, to an Island and leave them. Let the realists run the show.

What chance do we have with all these idiots in charge ?

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

But the impact of those interest rates today is not comparable. There was negligible debt in comparison. Interest rates like that today would lead to the collapse of everything and the utter breakdown of social order

This war could be stopped. Cede the ground and put NATO troops in there to stop any further incursion.

But because of America’s hard-on for a proxy war with Russia, winding up Zelensky to continue the fight, we are all going to suffer

I was being provocative but that is exactly my point. The sympathy/empathy towards Ukraine will quickly disappear during a hard recession. People tend to become very inward looking when making ends meet becomes an issue. The anger with the evil Russians will also subside when reality bites and I do expect a hard recession.

Long war in Ukraine - Cui bono? US of A. Defence Contractors $$$

Sentiment changes very fast indeed. A perfect example is when the evil Russians were cheering Balboa at the end of the fight in Russia during Rocky 4. Who saw that coming ??

This will not change anything.Russia moving to Asia creating new trade partnership and logistic chains with China and India.I dont think Russia will back to Europe untill EU will fall on parts and some parts will start join partnership with Russia.You will see completely New World in next 2 years.

EU declared war against Russia breaking agreements and making russians kill russians on Ukraine.Putin 6 months ago wrote that the biggest tragedy of Russia will be war between russians on Ukraine.Putin will never forgive that to Europe

Also today you could see how Germany and Poland also France and Italy same as UK sending weapons to war were russians killing russians.You thin Russia will forgive that ?

Everything only starting and if you would like to survive think twice before spend your money.Also USA not interested in end of war on Ukraine.

Also listen what are talking insane politicians from Brussels.Do you really believe to same world after war ? We will lucky if we will escape from WW3 were will be used nuclear weapons !

There is great Oliver Stone interview with Putin on youtube same as Oliver Stone explanation of what is going on on Ukraine .

We entering to the New Era of New World ! Were USA will not decide what everybody must do.Before we had 1 King USA beside the table tomorrow there will be at least 3 Kings more.At the moment we see fight between King USA against 3 New kings for places beside the table.

I work with Polish, German and Austrian folks. I was very surprised to hear them say that there is widespread support for the Russian invasion in their 3 countries (especially East Germany and Poland). They said it's the same in many Eastern European countries despite the iron curtain history. Rightly or wrongly they see the war as Russians protecting Russians (Ukrainians who speak Russians) and think that EU+NATO have over-reacted. The big concern is the oil/gas supplies.

Anyway that's way off topic.

No, ground will have to be ceded. I would support the French and Germans when they inevitably start pushing for a peace deal in coming weeks. Recognising that all the Americans want is to keep this war going. And going. And going. To the detriment of all of us.

I speak german,xxxxx,russian and understand some english and french at the moment I work hard to understand portuguese .I like read books in original that why I need so many languages.

Sorry about off top .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think the war in Ukraine is overplayed in terms of it being a cause of a global recession. Much much greater is the recovery from covid and supply chain issues, Chinese lockdown and most of all the Fed who propped up the stock and bond market with trillions of dollars are reversing course with quantitative tapering and interest rate rises. The other global central banks are following suit.

And still they might avoid recession, just no growth which will feel like a recession.

• Advertisement

I was always very suspicious about what media are talking about because media never says truth and because main media are controlled by groups of businessmen or political parties they avoid create panic in country economy or stock markets.

Today they mad actively talking about inflation but avoiding use word recession what make me think that they try make people start spending them savings which was mad rising in past years and create kick for the country economy.They simply avoid print new money and try make people money kick stagnating economy forward trying scare people that them savings will worth nothing.

Today I heard advertisment of property company Glenveagh on Spotify.I never heard Glenveagh advertisement online before what make me think Glenveagh try sell them new builds as soon as possible.Also I know 101 per cent that boys at timber frame factory which make houses for Glenveagh started work overtime .

Well this is only my mad fantasies but since 2008 I started look at world slightly differently.

Please don't forget Macron worked for Rothschild's before ! All his phone calls to Putin was only his president elections programme! After parlament elections in France this summer you will see completely different Macron !

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

Don't forget the 40 billion Biden sent on top of all the other backhanders. If you think the EU are not at war with Russia you are delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

There's plenty of threads you can be obsessed with Putin about

• War always depletes ordinary world resources, some wealth invariably gets stolen by some individuals. We are definitely in the process of a de facto world war, but with actual hot military battles confined to one region.

Many russian analysts saying that Russia was building and working on this sanctions scenario since Putin speech in Munich and all plan was correlated by the events since.

Over 10200 unprecedented sanctions been brought by EU and USA against Russia ! What's that ? Is this not declared war ?

The last place I would like to see is the office of government of Russia were now steam and smoke go trough the doors were many ministers trying make Russia to survive.

I am very surprised about there is still people in the world who think world will be the same as before when war on Ukraine will be over.

There will be no recession folks there will be something more serious than even collapse of USSR I'm not even talking about Great Depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Surely the best way to minimise that is to ensure Ukraine win as soon as possible. Load them up with supplies and training fast. The west handing Ukraine over to Russia is not a good long term plan.

Advertisement