Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not what I said.

However, we do have more disabled than the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

All's not well in FF.

Woinder if this could be a move to get rid of Martin and his fellow neo-Unionists/Partitionists and restore FF to its republican roots?

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm not going to get into a debate about Ukrainian Refugees there's a number of Threads dedicated to that situation.

But you bizzarely think every person on Jobseekers lives in "Cheap Social Housing" and has money thrown out them. Perhaps you missed the fact 370k households have an entitlement to Fuel allowance which is heavily means tested.

Perhaps your not aware every Jobseeker is not entitled to FA, those on JSB are not and those on JSA have no entitlement for first 15 months.

Seperately let's look at Working Family payments, perhaps your not aware 1,000s of "WORKING" families are dependent on SW top ups as their incomes are so low.

How about Illness Benifit, I mention this because it WORK related, absolutely ZERO entitlement to anything other than €208 per week and that's assuming they've enough PRSI contributions, many may not and get less than €100 pw, some receipients may get sick pay on top but very few and in that situation, employers deduct the value of Illness benefit from sick pay. Its a fact many on illness benefit have mortgages to pay.

It fascinates me this Narrative the Government just throw money at SW /Jobseeker receipients generally and this single minded view it's only Jobseekers that are dependent on the SW system, is utter nonsense. There is serious hard ship being faced by not just jobseekers but anyone dependent on a SW payment, especially Illness and disibility payments.

To finish, in addition to the above, the Amount of WORKING people completely dependent on HAP to pay their rents is shocking, whilst not technically a SW payment it is again a government support.

There are many complicated reasons for long term unemployment which is incidently at record lows, don't assume there is no genuine vulnerabilities and don't assume just because there maybe loads of Jobs available, these jobs are well paid, offer security or are in reach of Jobseekers who may not have a qualification or Transport to reach these job's.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

The pirate 🏴‍☠️ flag are based on the government, they stay till government goes, the Irish accounts still all have them plus multiple emoji, we will never know why the war in Ukraine suddenly seen the numbers plummet….🤯

It really is just incoherent gibberish now. If the Leo thread is open then post on it?

As I pointed out, you are talking about a discussion FG had in 2018, was rejected and has zero relevance

Its 2022, people daily are getting abused daily by online trolls, if you don’t want to discuss the topic then not sure why you think you should ruin the discussion for everyone else?

Could you explain why a discussion can’t happen without you posting irrelevant information constantly?

A full scale inquiry? Why? A few parties have already admitted multiple times they have huge problems with online supporters and it does nothing to stop the tirade of abuse.

In other words , the carry on of McMurphy would be all the responsibility of boards which would mean the likes of boards would shut down with the overhead of trying to manage these troll account s

It’s time to introduce legislation and shut down the accounts plus identify these people who think it’s ok to abuse and post abusive personal comments online. Let’s see how hard they are where everyone in the country knows they are nothing but an online bully

That will put an end to it

Im sure some people will push for an inquiry which would take years to gather the information, all while the abuse continues online.

Time to shut it down now….

Post edited by brokenangel on

• Advertisement

The proposed bill was just removing all responsibility from the political party and making it the responsibility of twitter etc to sort it out

So that would make boards responsible for the likes of McMurphy and no responsibility for the organisation behind it

I can see why the party in question pushed it out because if accepted they would just continue with the online tirades from their supporters and point at social media to fix it.

Familiar to all bills announced by this party, talk it up like a Ferrari buy look under the cover and nothing there.

It’s more a pity that people don’t look and call out this rubbish, of course if the media do I’m sure they will be sued as is the way these days

We need proper legislation. Also make it the right of victims to go after companies/parties who promote this type of online attacks.

Post edited by brokenangel on

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Fianna Fail calling for a border poll. Neale Richmond telling southern unionists within his party to prepare for a united Ireland too.

The Irish state must surely have some of the most slow learners in govt party's, they just don't get it.

They're trying to steal Sinn Feins thunder (Barry says so specifically in that newspaper piece) yet misses the point, Sinn Fein are swallowing the others up because of the housing and health crisies within the state that both Fianna Fail and their lesser partners both acknowledge exists, yet continue to implement absolutely nothing to address it. They should be concentrating on addressing the 100+ years of their failed policies that brought about these crises, not a United Ireland poll that their respective party's ignored also for the same amount of years. I'd wager a guess if you asked people in 2022 what is driving them to vote ST over FF/FG and prob 10% (if that) would say it was a unified Ireland. I'd guess "housing, health, and corruption" would be the more likely answer.

Barry knows the writing is on the wall. FF and FG will merge eventually because separately they're in terminal decline. It's great to see too.

FF and FG will never merge, it is hilarious that a certain party is full on pushing this message, then a few seconds later are saying that FF will go into coalition with SF at next election

🤦‍♂️

Doesnt really add up then does it? 😂🤯

100+ years of failed politics. Not sure what country you are living in but you seemingly have never travelled outside ireland is you think that.

Slow learner, you can become a TD, you know it’s easy to join up, so why don’t you become one?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

I'll telll you what's hilarious, your constant posts about "a certain party", which is obviously a very thinly veiled insinuation that everyone posting their thoughts here on the governments obvious failures are a member, or some loyal supporter of "a certain party"

But that actually pales in comparison with the hilarity in that you are oblivious to your own short memory, you engaged on this very thread a few days ago, admitting theres a housing crisis. Now you are scoffing at the 100+ years of failed policies that brought about this crisis? Oh what's that? When I said 100+ years of failed policies you thought I meant every policy, and not relating to the failed policies that brought about the very two crisies I mentioned?

Baby steps.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a ......

Did I say Ireland didn't have a housing crisis? if some please point out to that post. Thank you

No idea what all the chat is about 100 years. If you are just discussing about housing then go on and explain the last 100 years please? I am sure the entire thread would love to hear all about it.

Putting yourself forward to be a TD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

No discussion on anything 2018 or before.

Loud and Clear

Thanks for repeating what I posted but you seemed to got it totally wrong. I suggest you read back my post

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Well you stated "you are talking about a discussion FG had in 2018, was rejected and has zero relevance"

1. How do we know it was rejected and not followed up on?

2. How does a party who were in Govt and are still in Govt having a discussion on creating troll accounts not have any relevance to a discussion on parties creating troll accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So Boards are responsible for multiple accounts.

Therefore it stands to reason that Twitter would be responsible for what happens on their platform Same as RTE being responsible for what happens on theirs.

But you don't have to look too far to see what government parties and their fans do when someone they don't like uses the redress available to them as it is.

Giving the government (whether it be the power swap or any other) the power would therefore be inherently stupid and wrongheaded. It would be a charter to shut down opinion you don't like. Again look at the pile-on happening because someone not liked is challenging what happened on a platform.

Empower the platforms and the people who are abused. Don't give more power to parties mired in dubious ideas about using social media - (and I include all in that) that's a recipe for a police/totalitarian state and will never work.

I've asked this before will ask again:

Where is the data on the disappearance of 'these accounts'?

I still see them.

I asked and it seems somebody just invented this 'fact' out of thin air and it has become a part of the mythmaking.

As usual, when you don't like the topic you ignore the comment/information provided. Typical.

We have a huge issue in Ireland that it is no longer safe for people online because of certain groups. End of story.

The only stupid thing to do is not to implement laws to stop it but also to stop organisations who coordinate these accounts. This is something which everyone is aware is happening for years. Pushing all the responsibility onto the platform is just shifting the blame.

The days of the pile on arranged by McMurphy and others here on boards was never boards fault. It was the organisation behind those accounts, as I already said, who creates multiple accounts years in advance on the off chance they might be useful at some stage. Also who is on a website nearly 17 hours a day 7 days a week without been paid.

Majority of people would want this type of carry on shut down. Seemingly not.

As I said at the start, the government need to implement it quickly, the online abuse is disgusting and needs to stop immediately. No faffing with an inquiry to delay everything

Read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Suddenly a “priority” again

'Squeezed middle' tax cut priority for Budget – Leo Varadkar

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/squeezed-middle-tax-cut-priority-for-budget-leo-varadkar-41712594.html

It is very telling since I mentioned about the online laws the divide on the subject. I will let people review the thread work it out for themselves. But hardly a surprise to see the reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

• Advertisement

So no data, just a feeling in the waters. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

No words.

Cost of new Emergency Dept in Galway jumps to half a billion euro – Connacht Tribune – Galway City Tribune:

Cost of new Emergency Dept in Galway jumps to half a billion euro.

The projected cost for the new Emergency Department and maternity unit at University Hospital Galway (UHG) has now reached half a billion euro.

And the bureaucracy involved in getting it off the ground means its expected completion has been pushed back until 2027 at the earliest.

In an update at this week’s HSE Regional Health Forum West meeting, Councillor Declan McDonnell (IND) remarked that 2026 was the predicted opening for the new facility, yet the planning application had not even been submitted.

“Could it be ten more years?” he asked.

Councillors heard that a new Public Spending Code was brought in for projects predicted to cost over €100 million after the Saolta group had submitted a cost benefit analysis review which they were required to do under the old rules.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

So how are you going to find out if an organisation is responsible?

I'll tell you how, by havng a full independent inquiry into what organisations are up to.

If you empower twitter(the platforms) and people to get proper redress you neutralise any organisation who wants to use anonymous accounts.

No more than boards, you have no idea if an 'organisation' was behind the accounts here. That's absolute evidence that giving power to the defenders of the power swap would encourage gatling gun justice. A police state basically were allegation is enough.

Delay delay delay. We can't stop the online trolls can we now?

Let's look at what happened recently, a certain Paddy Cosgrove decided that he wanted to stop online trolls. Not all of them but just online trolls of a certain party. Within the space of a few weeks he had identified some of them and of course a few he made errors on but didn't admit. When Paddy was asked to get trolls from all parties he ignored. You can read between the lines on that one.

I could hazard a guess at how Paddy did it, I won't but I know companies who would be able to identify the online trolls very easily if they had the correct laws to protect them.

These trolls are not experts, look at Chay Bowes how his troll account got found out when he forgot which account he was logged into and started to reply to a friend.

Time to stop the online trolls. The decent people of Ireland have had enough. End of story

Anyone who is defending and protecting online trolls. Baffling

See what happens when you give a single entity power?

Why do you think it wouldn't be a charter for a government to shut down opinion. You just proved it.

Nobody is protecting. Just saying it can't be left to a government. A charther for chaos.

😂

I never said it would be left to the government, I said the government need to introduce the laws.

Online trolls are shutting down opinion, that is exactly what they are doing. Seems you want that to continue

At the moment across all media it is not safe to be a supporter of some parties because if that becomes known they are suddenly a target for online abuse. Disgusting

I already provided an excellent example, check any post from Leo and see what happens when someone posts a mildly positive post. They are attacked. by a load of s.......

At thsi stage it is clear you just want to protect online trolls. I have no interest in that so will leave you to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Most people could not give a $hite about a border poll. Cowen just wants to use it as a stick to beat MM with.

See what happens when you give a single entity power?

Ahistorical and factual rubbish again from Francie.

There has not been a single-party government in Ireland since 1977.

It is bizarre to me that people want to protect the status quo, as if there is nothing wrong with social media, especially from what we know on how Russia exploits bots and the like. This proves to me that they gain from the system, while the rest of society loses out.

Then again, there were plenty of Putin-bots in CA preparing to troll their way through an argument. Many of them got found out, but there are plenty still around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Cowen is a terrible TD. I have a feeling his star will fall at the next election. He has been found out locally too. The family votes will only last so long...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement