Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

guess all European flights are classified as 'short haul'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They did it for the April and May bank holiday as far as I'm aware but they hadn't been doing it in recent weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

As far as I know they have as my cousin has been going up and down to Dublin regularly despite working in Cork airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

The public accounts committee are a disgrace, all spouting off with the benefit of hindsight and trying to score points. They are actually quite nasty at times, really show their colours. Lynn Boylan on now, some wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭Allinall

They're always like that.

Grandstanding in front of the cameras.

Should be held in private, with independent witnesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

yer man in the Chair thinks he is prosecuting in a Murder Trial. " how many of this / how many of that / can you guarantee / give free water / here's the weather forecast / .."... surprised he didn't ask Dalton for next weeks Lotto numbers

• When the triaging system comes into effect and it’s a wet day outside (before they get to install shelter etc) there’ll be all sorts of “exceptions” popping up among impatient people. Wouldn’t like to be the personnel conducting it 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Triage is not going to work

There is nowhere for people to go.

• I imagine they are *hoping* that people will only present themselves near terminal door within the allowed time frames, and not form a continuous long queue. How it will play out is another thing. Some will No doubt time their arrival to airport site not to be hanging around outside very long, others will be so anxious they will arrive early, there’ll be others who will get caught up in transport delays when trying to get there last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Astral Nav

Bearing in mind and that the DAA claim that DUB has the second busiest bus terminus in Ireland and that is actually just an open area with some bus stop signs, I wouldn't be too hopeful about portable toilets and rain cover.

The media has a short memory, we've been getting examples of massive DAA incompetence for years, be it security, safety incidents, cleaning, building and infrastructure. It needs a good clean out and restructuring with all the deadwood in management let go. Of course all that needs leadership...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

It's all corporate bollix! Security wasn't an issue for me Sunday morning or Monday evening. The issues aren't limited to security, it's baggage, check in & hospitality staff.

2 hours to check in bage for 1 flight on a Monday evening? The same flight took 45 minutes on Sunday but was cancelled. Daa staff arrived at 1 stage & noticed the barriers were moved & ques were all mixed up. I was told by staff to join wrong ques.

It's not like you can even plan to "arrive on time". What if there is a crash on the M50. What about people travelling for across the country?

I have thought they need a system to priorities based on glight times but triage is a lazy tick box solution. To be fair it's not surprising. They are paid for damage control not spending to fix issues. They're a corporate entity, pay less for more profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kniq127

It completely doesn't add up. Travelling to Spain with a check-in bag on Monday and the info is as follows:

• arrive to the airport not later than 2.5+1=3.5h in advance
    • but we won't let you in (to drop your bag even) until it is 2.5h to your flight
    • Ryanair says they will open facilities for bag drop only 2h before your flight --> so you cannot start queueing for security probably until 1h to your flight, if you are lucky
    • boarding closing 30min before departure so not much time left for your security check queueing process

A nobel prize to somebody who can figure out how to follow up all the above in one go.

Post edited by Kniq127 on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Reporting livvve from Dublin airport Terminal 2 :).

Not too bad.

320 arrive airport 350 check in bag drop 355 security queue done 430.

I will say the food places in T2 are bedlam with huge queues though.

Fast track looked to be closed.

15k pax out in wave 1 this morning and it looks to have gone very well. Max queue time in T1 was 45 mins at 4am. 30 mins seemed to be the average there. t2 between 25-35.

Wave 1 tomorrow has 16k pax passing through. Who knows, maybe telling people not to arrive hours before actually works

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

What are the time slots of the various "waves"?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

I notice in recent days while Dalton is explaining daa he is taking over Greencore gig from Simon's brother who will head the catering company looking after daa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Agreed. All very confusing

DAA website says 2.5 hours and in the FAQ it says add an hour for bag drop.

Ryanair say 2.5 hours, no mention of bag drop even though that seems to be more of a bottleneck than the security

I'm flying at 8.15am tomorrow. Ryanair app is saying I need to arrive 2.5 hours beforehand but simultaneously pass security 2.5hours beforehand.

I have a bag drop and car seats, and 2 kids. I may have a heart attack.

Twitter reports did seem like everything went smoothly enough this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just went through T1 there, there was no significant queue and I was clear of security in under 15 minutes,the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

What power do they have. I never understood what they do. Is the two transport ministers not able to hold daa accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

This message from Ryanair is indeed very confusing. Think they are covering bases by wording it that you need to be through security 2.5 hours early.

On Saturday I arrived to bag drop maybe 2 hours 35 before flight and was getting a message that system was busy and I needed to wait. Other’s bags were going through. Not sure if it was coincidence but once I got to 2.5 hours my bag was taken by the system. I’d expect a different message if I was dropping it too early but the fact it took it bang on 2.5 before lead me to believe I couldn’t drop it earlier anyway.

• Advertisement

• There’ll be all sorts of strategies. People driving to, eg IKEA car park, and holding there a while before proceeding to Dublin Airport at precise time. Those arriving by taxi or bus have issues about timing it. Taxis are in short supply and you are advised to order taxi ahead of when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Advice sought! Travelling on Swiss to Geneva at 08:00 hrs on Saturday. DAA advises that Swiss open check-in/bag drop 2.5 hours prior to departure. So I am assuming that the earliest I could check a bag in is 05.30?

I am planning to be in the terminal 1 by 05:00 hrs - would this be sufficient?

Any regular Swiss fliers out there? As Swiss are owned by Luftanasa, any chance could use the Luftanasa auto bag drop machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

How many belts were open. If anyone is going through either terminal can you please note the time joining the queue, time to get through and number of belts operating .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

How do you mean belts? How many check in desks/bag drop belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Just got through T1 Fast Track in about 15 mins – 3:15pm.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Check-in for Swiss and Lufthansa is at the same desks. The desks will have to be open for the 05:55 Frankfurt flight so you should be ok to arrive at 05:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When you say ' hold them accountable', what is your idea of what should be done?

As far as I can tell, they're being held accountable, publicly questioned and answers demanded, I'm not sure what else you'd expect - a whipping in the town square?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭bluedex

Just posted this on another thread:

Latest info from Dublin Airport re check-in and bag drop in T1. It says 4 hours pre flight for Ryanair. Presumably this is to cater for the current issues as it's normally 2 hours.

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/check--in/dap_queue_t1.pdf

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Thanks for posting that , smart move on Ryanair to go to -4 hours . -3 still on Aer Lingus , and absolute idiocy that BA, Air France and KLM are still only at -2 as they will have massive hub and spoke traffic

Here's the corresponding, for T2 https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/check--in/dap_check-inadvisory_t2b633a603c2284647bd826e666ada5665.pdf?sfvrsn=705dbcd6_2

• Advertisement

That's unfortunately not accurate.

Ryanair bag drop is still running at 2.5hrs prior to departure

Email from today

Advertisement